England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Beat you all there I managed 18mpg thru Central London yesterday Thumbs Up

Yes the wife as in the Car Doc Rolling with laughter

Last edited by FR2471 on 7th Feb 2010 7:19 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #58470 7th Feb 2010 11:15 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Just to add my 2p worth.

I've started using "proper" diesel rather than supermarket fuel. I have noticed that I am getting 4 - 6mpg more over the same journey and driving style.

By "proper diesel" I mean Shell city diesel, not the V-power stuff. ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #58501 7th Feb 2010 3:03 pm
kenny

United Kingdom 2008 LR2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

My first 100 miles, nice and steady on country roads = 42MPG indicated.

Post #58506 7th Feb 2010 4:13 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Rowy wrote:
EV- get ya missus to take the FL2 for a run and see what MPG she returns?
I get 25/26mpg and drive like a hooligan, she drives like a nun on a sunday morning drive & she got 32 when she did a 200mile trip on her own.

Just a thought Question

Only a minor problem there in as much as she can't drive.... (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #58511 7th Feb 2010 6:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Executive Valeter wrote:

Only a minor problem there in as much as she wont drive the chromed up car....

Mr. Green At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #58518 7th Feb 2010 7:33 pm
Rowy

Laughing

Post #58524 7th Feb 2010 8:51 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter +1

Post #58574 8th Feb 2010 11:09 am
adm

this forum makes an old man very happy Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #58581 8th Feb 2010 11:46 am
beachy68

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Izmir Blue

Hi. This is my first post after a week or so of FL2 ownership. I've been noting with interest what mpg figures people have been getting and this has been the only aspect of the car I was a little disappointed with. I say was because i have to admit to having been a bit of a donut Rolling Eyes
Anyway, as soon as I got the car the first things I did was put the shiny new 18's on that I'd got waiting in the garage, clean her properly (why are stealers so rubbish at preparing used cars!?), fill with diesel and reset the trip computer. Over the next working week my mpg was around 32 (mixture of rural lanes and slow A road mostly), which I was a little disappointed with as I had hoped for 35. At the end of last week I thought I'd check a couple of things out which might help, including tyre pressure. Oh Censored . 18 psi Embarassed
I could have sworn the dealer who supplied the wheels said they were balanced, pumped up and ready to go! Entirely my fault, should have checked. Anyway, I reset the computer and over the last 150 miles if identical driving ........ 39 mpg Very Happy Very Happy

p.s.car doesn't handle any worse even when there's only half the required air in the tyres!

Post #58742 9th Feb 2010 12:58 am
swfrom07

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

After exactly 1 week of ownership !! I cant believe I have had it a week Very Happy It still feels so new but I somehow feel as if I have been driving it for years. Its been so easy to get used to driving the FL2 and I love it.

Still getting through the first tank of fuel put in when I took delivery last Tuesday. The Average MPG shows up as 35.9 which is a mix of slow commuting from the house to the station about 7 miles away and a few runs through country lanes and A road driving over the weekend.

I used to get about 37-40 in my Civic Type S which I agree was spirited driving but I would be very happy with 36mpg in my FL2, as I presume the economy improves in time considering its new at the moment.

Post #58756 9th Feb 2010 11:03 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

beachy68 wrote:

Anyway, as soon as I got the car the first things I did was clean her properly (why are stealers so rubbish at preparing used cars!?), fill with diesel and reset the trip computer.

At the end of last week I thought I'd check a couple of things out which might help, including tyre pressure. Oh Censored . 18 psi Embarassed

I could have sworn the dealer who supplied the wheels said they were balanced, pumped up and ready to go! Entirely my fault, should have checked.

That is why I told the dealer they wern't allowed to prep my FL2 as the valeting is generally very poor & usually consists of a quick wipe over/basic wax & is done by either a local valeting firm who gets a set fee for each car & as it is not on site it is simply a quick a job as possible or if on site by someone who can't read or speak English that has little or no idea of what the products do & in one case I witnissed - how dangerous some products are & was using them with no knowledge.

I wouldn't trust dealers at all with things like making sure tyre pressures are correct etc as the technician is probably too lazy & another case of as in the valeting - Oh that looks ok!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Last edited by The Valeter on 9th Feb 2010 10:37 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #58834 9th Feb 2010 8:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
awd

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Galway Green

Got my new GS (manual) 5 days ago. 9 miles on the clock. It now has 800 Exclamation The drive only gets better, I have been on motorways for the last 200 miles and averaged 40.9mpg. The first 500 miles was a bit more fun and averaged 36mpg. I do find the "Christmas Tree" on the dash keeps telling to change up a gear when I think I don't need to. Sure it just wants me to keep changing gear. Hope the next 100.000 miles are as much fun Very Happy ______________________
2010 GS Galway Green Manual (now sold)

Post #58869 9th Feb 2010 10:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234