United Kingdom 

"or should that read my wifes"

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

CG Not trouble, just good clean FUN as it's all true Whistle

Post #58065 3rd Feb 2010 11:53 pm
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Is this FREEL2.com OR MONEYSAVINGEXPERT.COM

I agree what Rowy says , but I like to help?

Just for the Record.
(Any one how is thinking of buying an FL2 2.2 should understand that £65.00 of fuel will take you approx 350 miles to 450miles before it needs another £65, Confused
If you can get £65 of fuel in a 1.6 tdi focus it will do approx 650 to 750 miles before it needs another £65. Cool

You take you pick to what you car you can afford to run. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
This will all start again when fuel goes up 5p a liter.

Lets talk about how has fitted a winch to there FL2 or how has an overland Adventure ??? Thumbs Up

Post #58071 4th Feb 2010 12:10 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

The Doc wrote:
What about all that chrome

I suspect that weighs less than the plastic lol. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #58073 4th Feb 2010 12:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Valeter

jp wrote:

You take you pick to what you car you can afford to run. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
This will all start again when fuel goes up 5p a liter.

Agreed but when you go & look at/buy a car with an advertised fuel consumption or whatever & it does something else that is a good reason to complain. If I wanted mid 20's consumption I would have bought a V6 petrol though infact the V6 petrol I had last year was actually more economical. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #58074 4th Feb 2010 12:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
FR2471

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

The Freely 2 is a straight 6 petrol, the Freelander 1 had the old V6.
The straight 6 is that from the Volvo and it is a sweet engine using an upgraded auto box reworked by Jaguar and Volvo I am told for extra strength

Post #58075 4th Feb 2010 12:59 am
The Valeter

FR2471 wrote:
The Freely 2 is a straight 6 petrol, the Freelander 1 had the old V6.
The straight 6 is that from the Volvo and it is a sweet engine using an upgraded auto box reworked by Jaguar and Volvo I am told for extra strength

I would have prefered it to be honest but you couldn't buy one new. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #58077 4th Feb 2010 1:10 am
egipp

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

Oddly enough, my i6 auto usually does overall exactly what Land Rover Australia claim, 11.2 litres per hundred kilometres ie 25 mpg. Virtually all the mileage is done on single lane roads - very few divided roads in country Victoria - mixed with gravel tracks, and is roughly a 50/50 mix of urban and bush driving. Our traffic levels, outside of Melbourne, are much less than in the UK and our speed limit is a very much enforced 100 kilometres per hour - 3 kph over is a ticket. This equates to 62 mph, so I guess our conditions would make fuel possibly go a bit further. I would back up FR2471 on the smoothness and low noise levels of the petrol engine and auto box.

Post #58079 4th Feb 2010 8:06 am
jp

Executive Valeter
Agreed but when you go & look at/buy a car with an advertised fuel consumption or whatever & it does something else that is a good reason to complain. If I wanted mid 20's consumption I would have bought a V6 petrol though infact the V6 petrol I had last year was actually more economical.

I Agree with what your saying but there is always small print to be read ?? (I will make it bigger)

Engines

Feature TD4 Manual TD4 Auto
Capacity (cc's) 2,179 2,179
No. of Cylinders / valves 4 4
Valves per engine 16 16
Maximum power 160hp @ 4,000rpm 160hp @ 4,000rpm
Maximum Torque 400Nm @ 2,000rpm 400Nm @ 2,000rpm
Performance and Fuel Economy

Feature TD4 Manual TD4 Auto
Urban mpg (L/100km) 33.2 (8.5) 26.4 (10.7)
Extra urban mpg (L/100km) 49.6 (5.7) 42.8 (6.6)
Combined mpg (L/100km) 42.2 (6.7) 35.8 (7.9)
CO2 emissions (g/km) 179 214
Maximum speed mph (kph) 112 (181) 112 (181)
0-60mph 10.9 10.5
0-100kph 11.7 11.2

Fuel consumption figures: The results given here do no express or imply any guarantee of the fuel consumption of any particular vehicle with which this information may be supplied. Vehicles are not individually tested and there are inevitable differences between individual vehicles of the same model. The vehicle may also incorporate particular modifications. Furthermore, the driver's style and road traffic conditions, as well as the extent to which the vehicle has been driven and the standard of maintenance, will affect its fuel consumption.

from Land rover web site . All the best Bow down

Post #58236 5th Feb 2010 8:51 pm
The Valeter

That's the trouble isn't it - with every company & every product there is tiny print to disclaim them from any excuse/liability.
I have booked it in with Barretts of Canterbury on the 16th...................... (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #58239 5th Feb 2010 9:15 pm
Rowy

It's like when ya Pay a valeter to clean your car, one may leave it suitably cleaned and another may not-he may use the wrong snow foam for instance, Ya pay ya money & takes ya chance. Laughing

Post #58256 5th Feb 2010 11:09 pm
mojo

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

Executive Valeter - Let me know what your dealer says as my TD4_e manual does about the same MPG as yours which is not even close to the advertised spec. A couple of MPG either way you can live with but 25% out is rubbish. My other car is an A4, it does bang on what was advertised.

Post #58347 6th Feb 2010 8:42 pm
The Valeter

mojo wrote:
Executive Valeter - Let me know what your dealer says as my TD4_e manual does about the same MPG as yours which is not even close to the advertised spec. A couple of MPG either way you can live with but 25% out is rubbish. My other car is an A4, it does bang on what was advertised.

Will do........... (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #58367 6th Feb 2010 10:39 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

Rowy wrote:
It's like when ya Pay a valeter to clean your car, one may leave it suitably cleaned and another may not-he may use the wrong snow foam for instance, Ya pay ya money & takes ya chance. Laughing

I Censored ing love this guy - see you've been holding the fort in my absence Rolling with laughter

MPG can vary so much from car to car because of the duty the car is performing and also the driving style, I own a company that tests vehicles emissions and fuel consumption we also write software for ECU's, (no, we don’t deal with the public sorry) we do a lot of work with the NEDC (New European drive cycle) on our dyno's and its very, very hard to get anything like the same figures on the road as you get during the NEDC.

Linky to NEDC info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_European_Driving_Cycle

In my very humble opinion the NEDC should only be used as a reference point to compare vehicle to vehicle rather than as a rock solid MPG.

Having said that when we are asked to help companies with MPG problems we do find 90% of the time the biggest problem with MPG being down is driving style. We can normally correct that with telematics and driver training.

If you would like to know more please ask and I can go into this NEDC test etc in very great detail and give reasons why it does not translate well in the real world - j u tonight coz I'm bushed. Yawn

Post #58370 6th Feb 2010 10:42 pm
jp

I Agree with what the Doc say about driving style..
but there is so much more which can kill the mpg (tire pressures, roof rack, windows open, heated seats and screen, traffic, weather etc etc) all of this needs power to drive or turn, which in turn turns most of it in to heat ! which is then wasted.

Approx only 30% to 40% of the fuel is used to push the car up the road.
All of the power comes from one place and one place only the fuel tank.

Executive Valeter, I hope you can get it sorted keep us all updated. Thumbs Up

ps This week I have been in no rush for work etc and covered 385 miles (41.9 mpg on the clock) best ever for a weeks driving !! The norm is around low 30's Yawn Yawn

Post #58450 7th Feb 2010 8:07 am
Rowy

EV- get ya missus to take the FL2 for a run and see what MPG she returns?
I get 25/26mpg and drive like a hooligan, she drives like a nun on a sunday morning drive & she got 32 when she did a 200mile trip on her own.

Just a thought Question

Post #58465 7th Feb 2010 11:03 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>