Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Influence the freelander 3. Your wish list.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 18 <123 ... 1415 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
Biscay

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue

Thanks CG. thats done now, no more bleeps.

Always use seatbelt when driving on road but remove if reversing. But when really a pain is when crossing fields and stopping to open and close gates behind me. I have been plugging it in then sitting on it up to now. Incidently mine seems to bleep even at low speed.

Just thought of one more thing i'd change in mine. The open cloth in the doors, just cleaned it and this cloth holds any dust etc off your hands and its a devil to get out.

Does anyone know how to switch off front parking sensors but leave on the rear? I park up to a wall and the front sensors give a loader tone than the rear. This is fine, but when in reverse I would rather hear the rear and dont really need the front.

Post #108109 19th Jul 2011 2:07 pm
razmabaz

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

Most unusual. CG is more renowned for causing bleeps than stopping them Laughing Freelander 1 TD4 HSE - gone, 2 weeks after the Cat.Converter!
Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto MY08 - Santorini black

Post #108111 19th Jul 2011 2:56 pm
Biscay

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue

Due to another post!

When using boot unlock button when shutting boot again make it so it doesn't immiediatly lock but gives a warning bleep and time to quickly open it again and retrieve the keys you left inside.

Post #108169 19th Jul 2011 11:27 pm
matt-j

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

i know i posted this on the other thread......

a hook for hanging suit jacket type items in the boot area, above the rear windows which have the dab/fm aerials in

lockable glove box - even if it has no key and just auto locks with the car doors

cheers

Post #108171 19th Jul 2011 11:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Triple7

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

More comfy seats
Electronic closing/opening tailgate
Split window tailgate ala Sport/RR.
More power
Better economy
Better looks
Better interior
Air suspension

Oh, seems like I need to buy a Range Rover..................... Whistle 2010MY Freelander 2 HSE Auto
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #108272 21st Jul 2011 9:28 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

if you buy the MY2012 you'll lose the split tailgate, and by the looks of it the gear stick Sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #108273 21st Jul 2011 9:30 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

npinks wrote:
if you buy the MY2012 you'll lose the split tailgate,

At last some common sense we don't all have 6 ft long arms, ok it makes a usable seat but I do not call sitting in the boot of a car fun At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #108275 21st Jul 2011 10:22 am
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

chicken george wrote:
npinks wrote:
if you buy the MY2012 you'll lose the split tailgate,

At last some common sense we don't all have 6 ft long arms, ok it makes a usable seat but I do not call sitting in the boot of a car fun

Doesn't that depend upon who with Whistle 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #108279 21st Jul 2011 12:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

simon

CG is glad about it as with the auto tailgate he won't have to screw a belt to the boot to aid Mrs CG in closing it

Personally, I think you could still have the split boot, and auto open the top half then you still have the lower to perch on whilst having pimms with ones buddies Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #108291 21st Jul 2011 2:22 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

My wish list for an FL3

RELIBILITY ! CUSTOMER SERVICE Larger boot by far.Lets go back to a key in the ignition.
Thats all I want.

Post #108623 27th Jul 2011 10:23 am
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

1: AIR SUSPENSION! (But maybe as an option as there are those who don't want it)
2: 20 CM LONGER!

Thats the most important requests. Very Happy

In addition to that...... Cool -Just still make a perfect car. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #108651 27th Jul 2011 4:30 pm
Tradewind 35

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue
The key to reliability key

Much agree with Old Geezer. Whichever geek invented the keyless ignition key concept needs his or her bottom smacked.
On the full fat RR I could never work out what you were supposed to do with the damn redundant key - put it in a door pocket or cubby hole and forever leaving it there and then not being able to find it after you walk away from the car - is it locked or is it not? where did I put the fwiggin thing, or have to have it sticking in your harse pocket digging in to one's harse when it should be in a nice ignition barrel. They have the affrontery to call it a "smart key". What rot. It may be able to wake the car up in the early morning and switch everything on for you to flatten the battery - but personally I find life is to short to be bothered to read the hundreds of pages of manual devoted to such gimmickry. It would be smart if you could for example drop it accidentally in a puddle and not have it go kaput. Is the key smart enough to realise that one of the umpteen computers has not shut down in the right sequence and flattened the battery flat as a pancake - well no of course not!

Just after having to jump start neghbour's keyless ignition system Renault with my Landy as he had walked away from his car not realising that the ignition was still live - next morning battery flat - what a wondrous invention.
All I would like as regards the car key is that it be a simple high quality, durable component - bit like the rest of the engineering wish list in fact. Unfortunately the silly gadget geeks who overcomplicate Landy bits gave the Freelander 2 a horrid stick in the dashboard fob which springs in and out with a fragile springy sound - that is not how to do quality Mr Landrover.
And of course a bigger boot would be nice. Don't like built in Sat Navs - Tom Tom is superior in my view and is it true that with the Landy built in system you have to pay hugely for upgrades? - eek -no thank you.

Lastly, a nice high quality, durable glove locker catch would be - nice - and indicative of quality engineering. Shame no-one in Landrover design team thought that would be worth building in.
Robin

Post #165887 2nd Jan 2013 8:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pedro

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

Like Old Geezer says, RELIABILITY must be paramount. At the end of the day a car is a metal box for getting you from A to B everything else is a bonus ! PS mine is in today having the diff done............! FL2 HSE Auto Galway Green
Evoque SD4 Auto Blue.
FL1 HSE TD4 Manual Black - Gone.
RR Classic V8 EFI - Gone

Post #165894 2nd Jan 2013 8:53 pm
taztastic

England 

Reliability is only an issue for a tiny minority, Land Rover have sold over 350,000 Freelander 2 models, factor in the number of people on here with problems and in % terms, the figure will be very small indeed.
Forums are great places but don't forget a man (or woman) with a problem will tell many people whereas those with a reliable car will more often than not, simply smile to themselves in pleasure.
Overall the Land Rover brand does have a poor record, the Freelander being probably the best of the bunch.

A few brighter colours would be good, get away from the dour blacks that proliferate....oh and some comfy seats, these are rubbish Thumbs Up

Post #165896 2nd Jan 2013 9:05 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue
Re: The key to reliability key

Tradewind 35 wrote:

Unfortunately the silly gadget geeks who overcomplicate Landy bits gave the Freelander 2 a horrid stick in the dashboard fob which springs in and out with a fragile springy sound - that is not how to do quality Mr Landrover.
Robin

The gadget geeks have got rid of the horrid stick in the dashboard thing from MY2013 onwards, bringing it into line with the other RR/LR models with the exception of the Defender which sticks with the traditional key in the ignition system.

Post #165897 2nd Jan 2013 9:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 18 <123 ... 1415 161718>