« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Impressions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

AT1963 wrote:
At the moment i owe nothing on any car so only costs i incur are tax/insurance/fuel/maintenance.
So i am reluctant to spend any more and see unnecessary car purchases as madness in current cost of living crisis.
The other thing for me is the sound of the engine which i personally like which is part of the attraction of ICE cars.
However there are some lovely designed EVs out there....i just wish they had a combustion engine Rolling with laughter

Our EV is all paid for up front, it’s now six and a half years old and compared to any lease/PCP crap it’s been cheap, taking depreciation into account and the value of it now it has cost us roughly £170 a month so far (had we PCP’ed it at the dealer it would have been about £500 a month for just three years and then we would have had to give it back or pay the balloon payment balance which would have been at least two thirds the new cost!), and that will get cheaper and cheaper, it has had absolutely no issues (unlike our Freelander although we loved our FL) and as for fuel costs it saves us £1800 a year over the previous diesel Q3 we had, of course that fuel saving has recently gone down and will only be saving us about £1200 a year presently with the higher cost of power.

Having said that if I could justify it I’d have a new full fat sitting on the drive as well, but it’s would just be sitting there 99% of the time leaking money. Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #420511 21st Apr 2022 10:10 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Look on the bright side, the Full Fat would be reliable for 99% of the time. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #420519 21st Apr 2022 4:57 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

Chuckalicious wrote:
Very hard to say. The Colt company, who is responsible for Mitsubishi in the UK has assured all owners that servicing and parts will still be available for at least 10 years. I think most of the current dealers will convert to other brands but retain their service ability. I believe a few already have.

So only time will tell. On one hand having to drive a bit further for an annual service is fair enough if the car is reliable enough that you don't really need parts all that often. It was a gamble I was willing to take. Fingers crossed it was the right one.

Thanks for update.

How did the servicing get carried out, did the old dealers just carry on independently? FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #420530 21st Apr 2022 7:46 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Andy131 wrote:
Look on the bright side, the Full Fat would be reliable for 99% of the time.

Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #420537 21st Apr 2022 8:52 pm
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

IanMetro wrote:

Thanks for update.

How did the servicing get carried out, did the old dealers just carry on independently?

The dealer I bought from is a Mitsubishi and Subaru dealer, and is slowly becoming just a Subaru dealer and Mitsubishi service centre. So still fully advertised as such.

Plus they are in a very rural area so have a lot of farming customers who have lots of Mitsubishi kit so they don't see them changing any time soon. Learned to drive in 2011.
Bought a Micra - great little car
"Upgraded" to Kia Sportage - hated it
Proper upgrade to FL2 TD4 GS 60 reg Facelift - tailgate paint issues, fuel gauge rewire, transfer box failure at 36k miles, clutch at 60k
Reconditioned diff at 70k ish
Sold at 84k and now on a DS. Terribly unreliable.
Sold DS for a 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Fingers crossed....
Sold Outlander for a 2014 SD4 SE Tech because I’m mental

Post #421097 10th May 2022 10:05 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345