« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Should I change it.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Andy131 wrote:
a 2013 Freelander will have the dreaded (by me) DPF that will not be happy with perpetual short trips.

All of them? Mine, a November 2013 SD Auto ex LR 'management fleet’ car doesn’t have one.

Post #404224 17th Feb 2021 8:33 pm
Labradorslave

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

If it hasn’t got one someone has removed it as it should have one😬

Post #404225 17th Feb 2021 8:45 pm
ReggiePerrin

Must have been removed before it left the Land Rover fleet at 7k miles then as I am the second owner Smile

Just been on Topix but whilst it recognises me and the car, I can no longer find the build sheet - would it be on there anyway?

When were DPFs fitted as standard? My car is an MY13 so built in late 2012 / early 2013 and first registered in Nov 2013 (63 plate).

Post #404226 17th Feb 2021 9:36 pm
Mattmjones

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

DPFs were made compulsory in the UK in Jan 2011, I believe?

Post #404228 17th Feb 2021 11:10 pm
Mattmjones

Easy way to tell is to check your VIN. If the 8th letter of the VIN is a C, you've got a DPF...

Post #404229 17th Feb 2021 11:12 pm
Mattmjones

(or an E, if you've got an sd4)...

Post #404230 17th Feb 2021 11:18 pm
ReggiePerrin

Mattmjones wrote:
Easy way to tell is to check your VIN. If the 8th letter of the VIN is a C, you've got a DPF...
(or an E, if you've got an sd4)...

Thumbs Up

E... never seen a regen warning or anything unusual since buying the car at 7,000 miles. Now mid 40k and for a year of two it did a lot of and mostly short journeys.

It gets used very little since buying a little city car and even less during the near year of covid restrictions etc.

Every day a school day eh?

Post #404232 17th Feb 2021 11:46 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I don't think the FL2 has a DPF regen light or other warning, at most it will just sound a bit gruffer when the regen is happening ISTR.

If in doubt get it on the ramps and look for the DPF underneath. If it hasn't got one and still passes MOT emissions tests I guess it would raise questions on whether a DPF is actually needed on FL2

Post #404237 18th Feb 2021 9:04 am
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

I think someone is going to get a great buy if you sell, it’s done very little miles @ 50k, & the money you are going to get px will be very low, I would drive it into the ground, if you did change to 2013 it’s an old car before you start. If I were in your boots I would buy a Kia Sportage that comes with worry free warranty before you shoot me down in flames just take one out for a test drive I think you will be impressed.

Last edited by Jack frost on 18th Feb 2021 3:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #404240 18th Feb 2021 10:40 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Me and my wife are currently thinking of a part ex on both our cars and just running one but it’s a nightmare. I was under the impression car dealers would be desperate for any sale but they don’t seem to want to offer a reasonable part ex on two cars. We’re looking for something SUV ish and auto a few years old with not a lot of miles. Her’s is a 6 year old Nissan Note 12 thousand miles she doesn’t seem to like my 57 Freely our family owned since it was 3 years old genuine 60 thousand just had cam belt done etc and I love it it drives like new no rattles squeaks or anything. This car has never failed a test I think it got an advisory once for a front tyre near limit so it got 4 new Avon’s the day after.OP I share your dilemma and sympathise with you.

Post #404243 18th Feb 2021 1:45 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

You might stand a better chance with We Buy Any Car on one of them and then only one as a part ex.
We tried the Kia when we got rid of our FL2, and then bought an Ewok - wife's idea, she didn't like the kia badge and really liked the range Rover badge.
Got rid of the Ewok 6 months later, lost over £8k, really really bad mistake on several levels. Shouldn't have got rid of the FL2, definitely shouldn't have bought a low spec Ewok, never trust the wife about colours.

I must admit i did like the Kia price, didn't like the driving position. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #404245 18th Feb 2021 2:27 pm
blueboy

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Jack frost wrote:
I think someone is going to get a great buy if you sell, it’s done very little miles @ 50k, & the money you are going to get px will be very low, I would drive it into the ground, if you did change to 2013 it’s an old car before you start. If I were in your boots I would buy a Kia Sportage that comes with worry free warranty before you shoot me down in flames just take one out for a test drive I think you will be impressed.

I looked at other cars but they just did not hit the spot for me, Kia Sportage, I'm sure is a good car but everyone has one & they look like any other modern car out there.

The Land Rover I have is the first one I have ever owned & I am pretty smitten with them, I thought my old 1996 Pajero & 2005 Shogun were really nice but the Land Rover is in my opinion much nicer.

Whatever I do I will be staying with a Freelander.

Post #404247 18th Feb 2021 4:14 pm
Dartman the one

England 

The Sportage has DCT box not a proper auto, it has low roofline at the hatch and fuel consumption is nothing to shout about, if Kia stay true to form the real life mpg won't be any better than an FL2, so yes it's a nice replacement for a AWD Peugeot 3008 or Hyundai Tucson but not a FL2 or even a DS but perhaps a bit more room than an Ewok. Been there before and won't go again and dealers seem to have very little knowledge of the cars until the 60,00 warranty runs out and then the car has problems, also watch out for wear and tear items in the all inclusive warranty. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #404248 18th Feb 2021 6:23 pm
RogB

ive just gone from a 2011 D4 to a 2018 Kia Sportage (dont ask, really miss the V6 but not the anxiety it causes Laughing )

so far im pretty impressed with the Kia, its the 1.7D '3' model with 6 speed manual. Its a lot nippier than i imagined it would be, and quite torquey for a smaller engine. Feels pretty solid and is very well equipped.
Its been in for a service under the previous owners service plan, so i asked the dealer what the cost of the next 40k service would be. He said its a big service and expensive so i waited with baited breath while he checked and came back with £329 ...... less than the cost of minor service on a Land Rover Laughing and I can put a 2 year service plan on it for £389 including MOT's so whats not to love.
During the service they looked at the sunroof which was slow to close, and will be fitting a new sunroof frame under warranty with no arguments so im impressed with that too. LR would have argued til they were blue in the face.
As for MPG im getting high 30's round town, ive not had a chance at a longer run out yet due to CV19 restrictions but im sure ill get close up to 50mpg without being too cautious.

Post #404256 19th Feb 2021 9:28 am
RogB

duplicate post ... deleted

Post #404257 19th Feb 2021 9:35 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>