« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Coronavirus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 60 of 66 <123 ... 596061 ... 646566>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Covid testing queues down under.

From ABC News. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #401958 1st Jan 2021 8:19 am
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

ozjeff62 wrote:
jules wrote:
Luckily the majority of young people seem relatively free from the serious effects of Covid.

It could have been very different.

Doesnt stop them trying to give it everyone else though.

Covid: Sydney beach party sparks 'backpacker' deportation threat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55471235

Haha, yep. We're sending them back ASAP.

Good. My daughter lives in Victoria - Im very happy that she is in a safer place than here. Jules

Post #401964 1st Jan 2021 9:53 am
jules

Covid: Illegal New Year party at Essex church broken up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-55506681

Disgusting

A £200 fine for these morons is nothing to them - they spend more on drugs and alcohol Jules

Post #402017 2nd Jan 2021 9:18 am
Lightwater

jules wrote:
ozjeff62 wrote:
jules wrote:
Luckily the majority of young people seem relatively free from the serious effects of Covid.

It could have been very different.

Doesnt stop them trying to give it everyone else though.

Covid: Sydney beach party sparks 'backpacker' deportation threat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55471235

Haha, yep. We're sending them back ASAP.

Good. My daughter lives in Victoria - Im very happy that she is in a safer place than here.

' I'm a Victorian stuck on the wrong side of the border. Can I get home?

Thousands of Victorians are stuck in New South Wales after missing the border crossing deadline.

So what happens next if you're stuck on the wrong side and want to come home?

Victoria's DHHS website is advising people to stay where they are and to self-isolate where possible.

Do not come to the border. Do not get on a plane and come to the airport because you will be turned back and you won't be able to apply for an exemption at the border or at the airport '

I hope your daughter is actually in Victoria. The Victorian government says there are exemptions, but in all reality you have greater chances of winning lotto! So Victorians in NSW who want to get home are left to rot. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #402025 2nd Jan 2021 10:04 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

As a Brit I always assume that the rest of the world is like the UK but bigger and warmer.

Even if going from England to Wales or Scotland there is no physical border let alone traveling from Lancashire to Cheshire. You posts make Australia sound more like a pre-EU Europe with lots of little tinpot states all with their own tinpot border guards.
Didn't see any such thing when one my one visit when I drove from Sydney to Cairns, but the distances were a surprise.

Lancashire to Yorkshire on the other hand has always been a problem = Yorkshire men have always been misinformed believing that they live in Gods own land. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #402030 2nd Jan 2021 10:27 am
Lightwater

Andy131 wrote:
Your posts make Australia sound more like a pre-EU Europe with lots of little tinpot states all with their own tinpot border guards.

It is!

& each state built a different railway gauge so we couldn't invade each other!

Basically Sydney > Perth > Darwin > Sydney is a triangle, the shortest route by road is 4000 km for each leg!

One family had spent 20 hours driving to their holiday destination, heard about the border closure, turned around & drove back before the border was closed. There are endless stories of what people have done to get home. Frightening stuff!

While everyone is driving non-stop back & forth around the country. Often having just arrived on holidays & turning around to drive non-stop to get back across a border.

Government driver fatigue ads on TV are hypocritical to say the least!

Give people time to drive home safely. The government is forcing people to drive dangerously!

Quite frankly the border closures are going about the problem the wrong way. You end up with hundreds of thousands returning & probably bringing the virus with them. Better to have the borders open but with an orderly return.

But all these border closures have everything to do with the various governments next elections! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Post #402032 2nd Jan 2021 11:03 am
Lightwater

The Federal Government is paying for most of the Covid mess, so the State underlings can squabble amongst themselves! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Post #402033 2nd Jan 2021 11:16 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Andy131 wrote:

Lancashire to Yorkshire on the other hand has always been a problem = Yorkshire men have always been misinformed believing that they live in Gods own land.

Say what! God lives in our land actually At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #402054 2nd Jan 2021 4:45 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

As I said misinformed.

The younger generation are breeding grounds for germs/viruses - ask any kindergarten nurse.

The govt. has decided that although teachers are front line workers, their lives are worth less than other front line workers so they don't get to be first inline to get the immunisation jab. Would you in all honesty want your husband/wife to stand in front of 30 possibly virus ridden (other peoples) children all day every day.

Close the darn schools until the teachers can be immunised - or face the fact that you are sending teachers to the slaughter.

rant over Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #402062 2nd Jan 2021 7:58 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

I did wonder if the new virus discovered in England is an example of evolution in practice.

If you hide away most of the older people, and then encourage the younger ones to mix freely, then perhaps you are left breeding the virus strains that can infect the younger people with their faster metabolisms.

Of course this new virus strain can use it's new-found speed to spread faster in the rest of the population as well.

PS I also have a daughter who is a teacher, and I worry about her. From what I gather there appears to be constantly changing instructions, but very little guidance (or additional resources) , from the Government.
I just wish that Boris would be a little bit more realistic with his promises, and start making sure he delivers (or enables others to deliver) on his promises, before he moves on with 'other good news' and fresh promises. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #402069 2nd Jan 2021 11:27 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Well it seems pretty certain that England is heading for full lockdown again. 58k cases today and Scotland already announced a lockdown.

Let's see what Boris says at 8... LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #402163 4th Jan 2021 4:35 pm
3landertwo

but this time it is a LEGAL lockdown in Scotland.

I do wish Boris as 'Minister of The Union' will stop that woman trying to discredit him.

"Scottish nationalists have accused Boris Johnson of an act of “cynical rebranding” after he gave himself the title "minister for the union".

Post #402174 4th Jan 2021 6:38 pm
Paul4751

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

IanMetro wrote:
I did wonder if the new virus discovered in England is an example of evolution in practice.

If you hide away most of the older people, and then encourage the younger ones to mix freely, then perhaps you are left breeding the virus strains that can infect the younger people with their faster metabolisms.

Of course this new virus strain can use it's new-found speed to spread faster in the rest of the population as well.

PS I also have a daughter who is a teacher, and I worry about her. From what I gather there appears to be constantly changing instructions, but very little guidance (or additional resources) , from the Government.
I just wish that Boris would be a little bit more realistic with his promises, and start making sure he delivers (or enables others to deliver) on his promises, before he moves on with 'other good news' and fresh promises.

On a point of order...Boris has NEVER made a promise about any of this Covid problem. If I'm wrong...give me one quote where he mentioned the word "promise".

Post #402179 4th Jan 2021 9:23 pm
Rebel1

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

As Andy131 says, teachers are on the front line too. My daughter teaches in a special-needs school which has to stay open. Not only that, but because of the particular problems that the children have, she cannot even use any PPE because the children would be too upset by the change to their routine. Not their fault, of course. but it does make you wonder.

Post #402189 5th Jan 2021 7:37 am
jules

Maybe we are prioritising the wrong groups.
Maybe we should first vaccinate front line workers, teachers, students, and all those leaving home to work.
People not needing to leave their home/residence are relatively safe and could get vaccinated later. Jules

Post #402193 5th Jan 2021 9:45 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 60 of 66 <123 ... 596061 ... 646566>