Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Coronavirus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 52 of 66 <123 ... 515253 ... 646566>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

We went to the Sydney Black Lives Protest to support Aboriginal Peoples shocking death rate in Australia. Being non Aboriginal but in a relatively high risk group we felt it was the very least we could do to send a message to the government that the deaths & abuse in custody has to stop. It is out of hand in Australia.

If I'm dead in a few weeks you will know why. We are self isolating for the next few weeks. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #392182 7th Jun 2020 11:04 pm
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Andy131 wrote:
Maybe Darwinism at work?

I can see the point of demonstrating that we should all be treated equally, but at this time? in that manner?, for crying out loud we have just endured weeks of being confined to our homes for the good of everyone else, why throw away all the good work done by the vast majority of us.

Why should their "right to protest" mean that the NHS is again stretched and that my wife is denied cancer care AGAIN.

I absolutely agree. My wife's treatment has been postponed indefinately and both her conditions are deteriorating rapidly. If this thuggery is so called equality then you can stick it. But there is nothing "equal" about these violent demonstrations as they have been taken over by the racist black power movement as can be seen by the vast amount of black power salutes.

J

Post #392190 8th Jun 2020 9:02 am
Fnfwi2

Interestingly, as a "vulnerable" person I've just received an NHS email advising me that if I attended any of the Black Lives Matter demos (which I didn't) then I should now self-isolate for 14 days.

Post #392192 8th Jun 2020 9:18 am
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Wont that be to late self isolating after the event? Confused Common sense isn't very common.

Post #392209 8th Jun 2020 1:06 pm
Fnfwi2

Suppose the idea is I wouldn't infect anyone else.

Post #392210 8th Jun 2020 1:54 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

axle wrote:
Wont that be to late self isolating after the event? Confused

Better late than never to keep the R0 down.

Post #392211 8th Jun 2020 2:22 pm
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Danny wrote:
Suppose the idea is I wouldn't infect anyone else.

Should have sent everybody the letter then whether they were there or not? Rolling with laughter Common sense isn't very common.

Post #392213 8th Jun 2020 4:04 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Some significant lifting of restrictions going on. I think it can only end badly with people flocking back to pubs and restaurants because at least some will not give a monkeys about isolating if they have symptoms because they must go to the pub at all costs.

I do accept that we can't stay in lockdown forever though and people's livelihoods are on the line as well as the impact on the economy as a whole. Interesting times... LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #393134 25th Jun 2020 1:04 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Gills just received a letter from the Department of health and Social care.

Although she is classed as "clinically extremely vulnerable" she is advised that from the 1st August she can go back to work as long as the business is COVID-safe.

So although the virus is still about, and there is no immunisation or cure, feel free to go back to work. ..... Or we will stop your sick pay ?

Now as it happens, Gill is a housewife, but many others will be in an unpleasant situation where they are at serious risk of death, but cannot afford to not go back to work, with the inherent risk. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #393141 25th Jun 2020 1:46 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

We had the same letter, not sure it actually said “we will stop your sick pay” I thought it said if you didn’t feel safe going back you didn’t have to, didn’t read anything about sick pay.......or are you stirring it up a bit? Laughing Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #393149 25th Jun 2020 2:57 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Definitely doesn't say we are going to stop your sick pay, but the implication is there.

No matter how frightened you are of catching this often fatal disease especially as you are considered in the critically at risk group, you are now "able" to go back to work. So there is no reason not to, my take was you have no excuse for staying away from work, at which point any employer could be justified in expecting you to attend or resigning.

And yes of course I like to invite opposite viewpoints Very Happy Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #393151 25th Jun 2020 3:31 pm
Boxbrownie

It does say from Aug 1st you can go to work if you cannot work from home, as long as the business is Covid safe.

And a few lines later it says “you should remain cautious as you are still at risk of severe illness if you catch the Coronavirus, so advice is to stay at home where possible”

And at the end of the letter it says “you will be able to use this letter as evidence for your employer to show that you cannot work outside your home until 31 July, including for statutory sick pay purposes”

So......it guarantees sick pay up until 31 July but doesn’t say you won’t get it after.

I would guess it’s a decision your doctor will have to make just like any other sick note, not that they will relish that idea much Whistle

Anyway second peak on its way, so that’ll sort it all out Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #393156 25th Jun 2020 5:04 pm
Boxbrownie

Here is a brilliant bit of post lock down dumb ass action, there was a large crowd in the Barbican last night enjoying the warm evening and freedom to.....well do what ever they want really.....f**king morons.

Regards

David

Post #393176 25th Jun 2020 8:40 pm
jenks1950

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

It's one of the things that really hacks me off these days. What is it about people who feel entitled to just dump there litter wherever they please. Do they just expect that someone will come and clear it up later or are they happy for it just to stay there
What is the point of travelling to some "beauty spot" and then chucking things out of the car or just leaving behind?? probably make more sense to just travel to the nearest landfill site and park up there. Have a picnic, chuck your litter out of the window and then drive home!!

Post #393187 26th Jun 2020 7:51 am
Navigator

Scotland 

It is just a simple reaction to there being places that are nicer than where they pass their lives and a wish to degrade them to their "normal". Everyone can spread it - Anyone can catch it. Stay home - the life you save can be your own!

Post #393196 26th Jun 2020 9:19 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 52 of 66 <123 ... 515253 ... 646566>