« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Coronavirus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 66 <123 ... 101112 ... 646566>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

After he visits Australia!
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #388237 14th Mar 2020 11:39 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

This from a woman in Halifax who has posted publicly on Facebook. Assuming it is not fake news, it's quite encouraging for anyone who is concerned given this woman's underlying conditions.

I have corona virus, i want to tell everyone about it because everyone is panicking! Don't! Its the media blowing everything up out of proportion again! I want to explain exactly what the symptoms are, if you remember years ago flu was killing people so they gave flu Jabs to vulnerable people like the disabled and elderly, this virus is not as bad as flu its like hay fever and a bad cold, you cough and have bad flem on your chest, the worst thing about it is the high temperature, my eyes steam and my nose i have a sore throat but its not bad and headache and muscle ache, this virus is getting blown out of proportion and its absurd how people are buying things and the shops are empty! I wouldn't even have called the doctor if i didn't have such a high temperature, there will be millions of people who have this and don't even know about it, because its not as bad as flu and flu still kills more people'! The doctors told me to call 111 then i was accessed over the phone with them and transferred to a nurse who explained what i should do! Which was basically nothing but stay away from everyone and isolate myself, some of you will probably already have it and not even know that's how bad it is, and there's only people dying of it who are already sick or elderly and would die with a bad cold anyway which this isn't even a bad cold! This is my second day now and i feel tired but my symptoms aren't like yesterday, so please don't be panicking and listening to bloody media ok my son and his wife were with me yesterday and they had the symptoms last night so it spreads very very fast, i have chronic lung disease thrombosis psyaticah ptsd and other serious disabilities and my breathing was greatly affected by the virus but i have had much worse symptoms with flu, i don't go out anyway and haven't been out for a few weeks the only place i went 3 days ago where i must have caught the virus was when i went shopping in asda! But like I've said this virus spreads very very fast! LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #388238 14th Mar 2020 11:47 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Coronavirus toilet paper stockpiling frenzy ignores our long history without the soft stuff

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-15/...y/12054636

Dr Hayes said toilet paper used to be sold from behind the counter at chemists — although it was advertised as an improvement in hygiene, there was an element of embarrassment over being seen purchasing it. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #388241 15th Mar 2020 12:35 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

The Doctor wrote:
This from a woman in Halifax who has posted publicly on Facebook. Assuming it is not fake news, it's quite encouraging for anyone who is concerned given this woman's underlying conditions.

I have corona virus, i want to tell everyone about it because everyone is panicking! Don't! Its the media blowing everything up out of proportion again! I want to explain exactly what the symptoms are, if you remember years ago flu was killing people so they gave flu Jabs to vulnerable people like the disabled and elderly, this virus is not as bad as flu its like hay fever and a bad cold, you cough and have bad flem on your chest, the worst thing about it is the high temperature, my eyes steam and my nose i have a sore throat but its not bad and headache and muscle ache, this virus is getting blown out of proportion and its absurd how people are buying things and the shops are empty! I wouldn't even have called the doctor if i didn't have such a high temperature, there will be millions of people who have this and don't even know about it, because its not as bad as flu and flu still kills more people'! The doctors told me to call 111 then i was accessed over the phone with them and transferred to a nurse who explained what i should do! Which was basically nothing but stay away from everyone and isolate myself, some of you will probably already have it and not even know that's how bad it is, and there's only people dying of it who are already sick or elderly and would die with a bad cold anyway which this isn't even a bad cold! This is my second day now and i feel tired but my symptoms aren't like yesterday, so please don't be panicking and listening to bloody media ok my son and his wife were with me yesterday and they had the symptoms last night so it spreads very very fast, i have chronic lung disease thrombosis psyaticah ptsd and other serious disabilities and my breathing was greatly affected by the virus but i have had much worse symptoms with flu, i don't go out anyway and haven't been out for a few weeks the only place i went 3 days ago where i must have caught the virus was when i went shopping in asda! But like I've said this virus spreads very very fast!

About a month ago, our 14 month old grandson had what appeared a very bad cold and trouble breathing, so much so that he had to be taken to hospital. The same week, my wife and his other granny who both look after him one day per week had the same symptoms - sore throat, constant coughing, muscle aches etc. More than just a cold but not as bad as full blown flu. My wife hasn’t had time off of work for sickness in 20 years but it floored her so much she had to take time off. She is convinced she has already had it. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #388242 15th Mar 2020 8:40 am
Worms

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

A few things about the piece posted above by The Doc suggest it should be taken with a pinch of salt...

There is no indication that the individual has had a confirmed diagnosis and at this stage it is still statistically more likely, at the individual level, to have a cold or flu than COVID-19.

The descriptions of the symptoms seem to include a lot of upper respiratory tract involvement, which is different from most other descriptions of the early phase of COVID-19.

The individual is saying “nothing to worry about” but is only at Day 3. Most descriptions talk about two or three stages of disease, with the onset of the worst, pneumonia phase often being at days 10-14. 2005 D3 2.7 Auto
Previously:
2010 MY FL2 TD4e GS - Now gone at 199,500 miles, about 135,000 of them mine.
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel

Post #388248 15th Mar 2020 10:22 am
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

MotionInc wrote:
Boxbrownie wrote:
Sidthecat wrote:
The Orange One has banned travellers from UK and Ireland from Monday night. Seems that if you're an American you can however still return home Rolling Eyes

But they are being admitted through special bays.......to be shot probably Rolling with laughter

So "lead poisoning" then??? Thumbs Up

That’ll be the official enquiry line Whistle Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #388253 15th Mar 2020 10:57 am
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Our Son and family just had a few days at Centre Parks during their return he got a text message saying his job/workplace has been deemed a v.high risk area......he is a doctor in A&E (they have had several positive walk ins this week)........his wife and two kiddlewinks will be coming down to stay with us for the foreseeable future as they consider it too much of a risk to be in the same house.......and when her company heard they said she could now work from home, she has been asking to work two days a week from home for months (nothing to do with COVID19)......now they agree!

Yes indeed things are starting to get very real. Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #388254 15th Mar 2020 11:06 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

This is an interesting explanation about timing of quarantine:

&feature=youtu.be

Post #388260 15th Mar 2020 1:13 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Well presented Thumbs Up
Must confess to having been a little in the dark about the Delay and Containment phases until the medical and scientific guys explained it all at that recent press conference; what they were hoping to achieve with having those separate phases made full sense. Not sure why there's so many other 'experts' needing to put forward there own theories, let the true experts make the decisions. UK numbers are very low compared to elsewhere so can't be doing it that wrong

Post #388261 15th Mar 2020 1:34 pm
Sperly

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

The moronic stupidity continues.

Fuel stations all over Leamington this morning are rammed with queues out onto the roads. Another stupid bloody Arsebook rumour that has perpetuated thanks to the sheep that use Soshulllll Meeeeddyaa. Unless I have missed it, has there been any official announcement about fuel shortages? No, thought not.....

Post #388265 15th Mar 2020 1:58 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

The fools? How could they fall for that one?

Don’t they understand that the real shortage is going to be in paper clips? Buy now, before the shelves are empty! Imagine a week quarantine with insufficient paper clips...

Or was in corn plasters?

Post #388268 15th Mar 2020 2:35 pm
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Sperly wrote:

Fuel stations all over Leamington this morning are rammed with queues out onto the roads. Another stupid bloody Arsebook rumour that has perpetuated thanks to the sheep that use Soshulllll Meeeeddyaa. Unless I have missed it, has there been any official announcement about fuel shortages? No, thought not.....

Have not seen this yet where I live but I still need gas for my snowblower.... Thumbs Up Big Cry

Post #388270 15th Mar 2020 3:01 pm
Sidthecat

Sperly wrote:

And they were only talking last week about prices dropping due to the decrease in barrel prices . . . let's hope that happens, that'll teach the morons

Post #388271 15th Mar 2020 3:15 pm
Sidthecat

Tigger wrote:
Don’t they understand that the real shortage is going to be in paper clips? Buy now, before the shelves are empty! Imagine a week quarantine with insufficient paper clips...

Or was in corn plasters?

And not forgetting printer paper which could be used as loo roll. WHSmith will be making a killing

Post #388272 15th Mar 2020 3:17 pm
Sperly

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

If there is a myth that there will be a shortage of chickens, would chicken george become a mill-yo-naire overnight one wonders?

Last edited by Sperly on 15th Mar 2020 4:08 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #388274 15th Mar 2020 3:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 66 <123 ... 101112 ... 646566>