Steve D

United Kingdom 

So, what boiler are you having fitted? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #385091 23rd Jan 2020 10:14 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Valliant ecofit pure - was that or a similar Worcester Bosch; the Valliant came with 7 year warranty as against 5 years with the WB. Which reports also gave it a slight edge on ease of servicing and cost of parts although any breakdowns should be covered by the warranty in the early days.
Sadly didn't all go to plan - when old boiler was removed, the wall was found to be in pretty poor order so needed a bit of brickwork and cementing which had to set before new boiler could be fitted, so being left overnight and fitted tomorrow. Old electrics were also a bit questionable. Everything else done, so should all be good to go tomorrow afternoon Thumbs Up

Post #385104 23rd Jan 2020 7:28 pm
GundogSD4

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Let there be heat...and there was Heat Thumbs Up 94 Disco 300 TDI Gone
96 Defender 300 TDI Gone...Should have kept it.
2003 Freelander ES TD4 Gone
2002 Defender TD5 Gone
2005 Freelander HSE TD4 Gone
2015 Freelander 2 Metropolis Keeping for now!

Post #385105 23rd Jan 2020 7:47 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I was quoted £3,400 for a 15Kw ecofit pure from BG. I ended up paying £1,800 for an 18Kw ecotec plus. I also got the 7 year guarantee because it was fitted by a Vaillant approved installer. You have to have it serviced every year by an RGI to maintain the guarantee though. Thumbs Up Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #385127 23rd Jan 2020 11:23 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

A bit of a side question.

Are these closed systems?

If so do you use anti corrosion additives in them? Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #385128 23rd Jan 2020 11:43 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Yes and yes for me. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #385129 23rd Jan 2020 11:49 pm
blueboy

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Just had an Ideal Vogue Max 32 installed (recommended by my plumber mate).

Boiler including Ideal in line filter (brass) vertical flue & extension flue, Honeywell wireless thermostat & all covered by a 10 year warranty (would have been 12 years if plumber was affiliated Ideal installer). £1750

Very happy with that. Heating packed up on Christmas eve although there was some hot water occasionally if I fiddled with the boiler resetting etc.

Lucky I have a wood burning stove for heating backup although to be fair its not been that cold.

Post #385133 24th Jan 2020 10:42 am
Largered

" ........ Heating packed up on Christmas eve ........."

First thoughts ......... Santa got stuck up the chimney ?

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #385136 24th Jan 2020 11:50 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Well, we haven’t heard any more from Sidthecat so hopefully he's sitting comfortably in a toasty warm house or he's wrapped up in blankets and boiling a kettle for a pits and bits wash down. Laughing Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #385252 26th Jan 2020 7:33 pm
Sidthecat

Not far off Steve. Boiler guys arrived on time Thursday, one of them slipped down the stairs inside the first two hours, aggravated an old back injury so had to go. Left his mate (his son) on site soldiering on. Friday, second young lad arrived, power flushed system, boiler secured to the wall, however, they then found our electrics to be Censored and needed to get pukka sparky along to sort it out. Seems an electricians been in here some years ago and made a bit of a bodge at some wiring so needs to be put right before they dare fire up the boiler.
Sparky her tomorrow morning, boiler guys in the afternoon . . . . . hopefully central heating and boiler generated hot water tomorrow evening
In meantime still reliant on gas fire, immersion heater and electric shower

Post #385255 26th Jan 2020 8:59 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Lol. I had something similar when I had my system converted to sealed and unvented a few years ago. Fat lazy sparky came round after the plumbing work was done to connect up new digital timers/thermostats/zone valves etc and when he found out the boiler was in the loft, he declared that 'he didn’t do lofts'! Plumbing firm had to send an apprentice round to go up in loft, take picture of wiring on boiler with his phone, show it to fat sparky who then connected up in the airing cupboard. Bloody jobsworth! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #385264 26th Jan 2020 11:52 pm
Sidthecat

Day has started well, sparky here on time with his lad and seems to have positive plan in place Very Happy

Post #385271 27th Jan 2020 9:50 am
Sidthecat

Spoke too soon - sparks came and went, boiler team came back and 'commissioned' everything. Sadly system didn't come on with the timer yesterday afternoon, fault code displayed. Boiler team came back, sorted . . . . allegedly. System didn't shut down on the timer last night so manually dealt with. New fault code. Manual reset, nothing. Didn't come on this morning, yet another fault code. Called boiler installers, been told to contact Valliant who are coming out tomorrow
Two unhappy bunnies Censored

Post #385346 28th Jan 2020 12:55 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Sid. When our Vaillant was fitted by a registered Vaillant installer, he left it working and we were nice and warm. That night when I was lying in bed, I could hear the boiler running when it shouldn’t have been. I got up, turned the lounge and hot water thermostats right down - but it was still running. I even switched heating and hot water off on the programmer with no luck. In the end I switched the power off to the boiler and went back to bed. Called him back in the morning and he was planned to come round that afternoon. While I was waiting, I phoned Vaillant up and began describing the symptoms when the tech guy butted in asking me whether I had Vaillant controls (programmer and room stat) or third party ones. When I told him I had third party ones he said straight away "They’ve forgotten to remove the 24 volt link”. Apparently, Vaillant boilers are set up to work with their controls which is a 24 volt system. If any other controls are used, you simply have to remove a link on the PCB. I told him it was a Vaillant installer and he said "they all forget to bloody do it!" I removed the link myself and cancelled the engineer visit as that cured the problem. Perhaps they’ve done the same with yours?
Here’s the diagram from the installation instructions - if you're handy with a screwdriver, it might be worth doing what I did (if you have third party controls) and check to see whether the 24V link (number 2 in the diagram) has been removed.

Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #385351 28th Jan 2020 3:10 pm
Sidthecat

Valliant just been, we're now warm and toasty and have hot water (Significant Others happy)
Turns out the link hadn't been removed Steve and there was also an issue with some of the wiring and he's going to speak to the boiler installers about it - he wasn't impressed Rolling Eyes
But hopefully that's all behind us now Very Happy

Post #385399 29th Jan 2020 10:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>