Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Happy Stratstone customer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
MacWallace

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Had a look on the Stratstone website and found my old car for sale. They certainly are not making a lot on the vehicle as the for sale tag is little more than my px. I thought the dealer would have made a lot more Shocked

Post #107170 7th Jul 2011 10:24 am
driftpuma

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

I would avoid Stratstone in Birmingham. I brought an old disco 2 from them (several years ago now). The after sales was appalling. Would not recommend them to anyone. Just seemed that once they had my money they didn't care what happened after.

Post #107185 7th Jul 2011 3:39 pm
skiddy1903

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Zermatt Silver

i just bought an 08 SE Auto from Strathstone in Cupar. Their price was way below any equivelant cars i could find (4k lower than a very similar one at Town and County Aberdeen 09 but slightly higher millage). I had to haggle pretty hard to get anywhere near a decent trade in for mine but got there in the end. Sales staff, Sandy in particular, were very helpful.

Only gripe would be that soon after collecting it i started to get a very loud grinding noise from the back brakes. As Cupar isn't local to me they told me to take it to the Strathstone Jaguar delaer here in Aberdeen to be looked at. Turns out it needed new pads, discs and hand brake shoes. It was sorted out at Cupar's cost so in the end they dealt with it fine but i would've expected that sort of thing to be picked up on a pre sale inspection.

Overall very happy with the deal and now that it doesn't sound like i'm dragging a bag of gravel behind me when i brake very happy with the car.

Post #112553 9th Sep 2011 8:36 am
SimonC

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red
Stratstone Stourbridge

I too would give Stratstone Stourbridge a wide berth. Arranged over the phone to test drive a '57 FL2, and was asked by the salesman to be there for 14.00hrs bank holiday monday,was hoping to go earlier as I had arranged a family day out. Re-arranged family day out!!, got there about 10 mins before 14.00hrs and was looking around the car outside before going into to see salesman, when he comes out with trade plates and another couple to test drive the car without hardly saying a word to me Mad !!!! Not a very happy chappy or wife and daughter for missing a day out.
Came home and within a week bought a '58 plate from Steve at Stafford Land Rover, absolutely first class Very Happy

Post #113363 15th Sep 2011 1:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I have just used Stratstones LR Nottingham for the first time, with a positive result, I am pleased to say. I took my FL2 in to have a new spare key fob programmed. On the phone I was quoted £50 plus VAT. I ribbed the service guy, asking what else I was going to get for "10 mins work" on the laptop! I turned up this morning after checking they could fit me in (pretty slack apparently). Booking in called for all my details to register me "on the system" (didn't need shoe size etc Laughing, but pretty much all else! ) They programmed the key fob, did a multi point "Vehicle Health Check" and "Body Check" and also washed it for me. To top it all, the bill came to £50 inc VAT! No complaints there! I am well aware this experience may be a smoke screen for future work, Whistle but it was a pleasant surprise all the same. Surprised 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #117442 19th Oct 2011 2:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123