Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Happy Stratstone customer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Have mixed opinions with my local dealer...

tried to buy a car from them and the sales people were so rue they practically put the phon down saying they did not want my custom just because i challenged them on a price of a car when it was clearly 2k over what other dealers were asking.

Have recently tried out theirservice dept. car was alway returned clean and on time but have had a few issues with them regarding appoved used warranty. Went in a talked to someone senior and it all seams to be happening now so fingers crossed it will be all good... until such time i will reserve judgement!

Incidentally this is not the only dealer I have struggled to buy cars from my local garages... it almost feels like because they are in a fairly well off area they cannot be bothered to chase a sale as they know there will be someone with shallow pockets and long arms just round the corner Shocked probably speculation but my opinion! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #93458 26th Feb 2011 10:37 pm
dunroof

You are so right, so many dealers suffer from an inflated ego. After all they are just Salesmen no matter what titles they give themselves, like Sales Executives etc. Yawn

Their priority should be the customer, not themselves. One got me really irritated a couple of months ago when looking at a new FL2, he couldn't be bothered, looked down his nose. I then went and had a look at a D4 and his attitude got even worse, like I shouldn't have been there let alone breathing the same air, so I called his bluff on said D4, and offered him a couple of grand less for the motor than what they were wanting, threatening to pay for it then and there. Switch is a wonderful thing. No they didn't capitulate, but their attitude didn't half change. Would I have gone thro' with it - yes, I've done worse things, but telling SWMBO wouldn't have been pretty.

Post #93479 27th Feb 2011 12:28 am
j77

Scotland 

I agree dunfoof, Fraser is a top guy always gives good advice and a good discount on parts. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #95011 12th Mar 2011 10:08 pm
MacWallace

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

j77

As promised j77, I can now report back on the Servicing received from the Stratstone dealer at Cupar. As you suggested the service was very good and the Principal of the dealership telephoned me the next day to ensure that I was happy. Never had that before. Will use them again for sure Thumbs Up [/b]

Post #95793 20th Mar 2011 3:45 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey
first service cost

i bought my 2011 spk freelander xs from stratstone bury on the sales side did not have a problem the only issue i had was the wait for l/rover to start production of the 2011 spk but was told up front that i would not see car untill late september.
i spoke the the service manager about the price of the first service wich will cost about 299.00 as i found this excessive
for engine oil and filter change/pollen filter i asked how long does the service take he said 2.1 hours so if you take approx £100 off for parts that says to me that the labour rate is 99.00 per hour.

ive rang round and found if i take my car to l rover in bradford for its 1st service and supply my own genuine l/rover parts at a cost of24.75 for filters and 6ltr of 5w/30 fully synth oil 35.00 there labour will be 140.00 pls vat think i might go back and have another chat with him Bow down Bow down Bow down rainy-city
xs

Post #95805 20th Mar 2011 6:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
j77

Scotland 

Was up today at their open day, salesman came over after 30mins of me being there and apologised for not having time to chat, and put my name down for a half day experience. Top guy. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #95837 20th Mar 2011 9:25 pm
dunroof

Yep, good place to go in honesty. Love their valet apart from the rubber polish they put on the tyres as it has a tendancy to run afer a while, but the car ends up looking newer than the first day it went on the road.

Post #95842 20th Mar 2011 10:16 pm
cozybug

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Got my FL2 from Stratstone Edinburgh great service great trade in price for my D3 .cant fault them so far . Thanks go to Jayne in sales. What if the Hokey Kokey IS what its all about?

Post #96518 25th Mar 2011 11:24 pm
MacWallace

Well, I have today arranged a pretty good deal I think from Stratstones in Cupar. The Sales staff, were reassuringly pleasant and without attitude.I should collect my few months old SD4 XS in 10 days. It is silver with privacy glass and mudflaps. This deal is £2700 better in my favour than the one that WILLIAMS of MANCHESTER offerred Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #104081 2nd Jun 2011 8:16 pm
dunroof

Thumbs Up

Remember Fraser the parts guy. He's a gem if your after anything else for the motor.

Post #104094 2nd Jun 2011 9:17 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Its a shame Stoneacre dont sell LR, they just picked my pickup up for its mot, tested it returned it. total bill £34 including £6 for new bump stops. All after they gave me a call 2 weeks ago to remind me the mot is due. good dealer Bow down

sadly they tell me I need 4 new tyres Evil or Very Mad At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #104101 2nd Jun 2011 9:37 pm
snapper

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
sadly they tell me I need 4 new tyres Evil or Very Mad

I used these guys a few times with my FL1: http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/
They come to you and fit on your drive (or chicken shed)
Prices are good as well...

Cheers

Darren

Post #104130 2nd Jun 2011 11:38 pm
razmabaz

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black

Hmmm - just checked ... they don't come to every chicken shed Big Cry Freelander 1 TD4 HSE - gone, 2 weeks after the Cat.Converter!
Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto MY08 - Santorini black

Post #104133 2nd Jun 2011 11:48 pm
MacWallace

Collected my 11 SD XS today from Stratstones Cupar. Excellent folk to deal with. Great deal and service. Can't recommend them enough. Special mention for Allastair and Rab.Absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #106736 30th Jun 2011 9:39 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

snapper wrote:
chicken george wrote:
sadly they tell me I need 4 new tyres Evil or Very Mad

I used these guys a few times with my FL1: http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/
They come to you and fit on your drive (or chicken shed)
Prices are good as well...

Cheers

Darren

Strange, just checked their website and they don't cover our postcode Confused ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #106768 1st Jul 2011 2:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>