Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > The beginning of the end ....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Yes all that , ban the volvo At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #40385 13th Apr 2009 4:17 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
so according to AndyC

Avtur, a long standing member should be banned, due to been forced out of his FL2, due to the company not allowing it on the list of cars he has to choose at the inevitable car swap time

he started a post, about the fact he had to leave the FL2 community, which would diverge into what he was going to choose, and have peoples opinions on the cars that would nearest meet his needs.

He has a short list and looks to have chosen the Volvo, CY a longer standing member of all the forums gives his opinion on the V70, as his family owns one (aswell as a D3 & Renault Confused )

Its a topic, that will widen to what car he has chosen, if you don't like it, simply don't read it Rolling Eyes

I know you don't like quotes Thumbs Up but here goes anyway:
1. I don't care much about certain members personal problems or what car they can or cannot own/drive because of this or that Shocked - This is a forum for FREELANDER 2 owners not Volvos (or tanks).

2. A post IS VERY Off Topic if it posted under a subject called My Freelander 2 when it is about Volvos - if a member has got another make that he wants to make a shout about then it should be placed under Off Topic

3. If these Volvo posts are placed under Off Topic and labelled My Crappy Car Choice - Instead of owning a FL2, then yes as you so rightly mention I wont like it and I wont have to read it Thumbs Up

4. By favouritising "old buddy" ex-Freelander 2 owners by criticising long standing Freelander 2 owners and active Freel2.com members with something to say, then in my mind, you as Site Moderator are not backing up your forum members as you should be Evil or Very Mad 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #40388 13th Apr 2009 4:44 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Thud At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #40391 13th Apr 2009 5:31 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing

I was going to post a response, but to be honest it will make no difference to your views about what is on or off topic Rolling Eyes Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40393 13th Apr 2009 7:01 pm
AndyC

Shocked not much responce to me trying to liven things up a bit Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #40394 13th Apr 2009 7:17 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Guys ....

Many thanks for the support ....

You're quite right that I have no choice in this matter ... this post is under 'My Freelander' because it's about my Freelander and its replacement, be that a Landrover or other make....

Early this morning I was talking to a fellow resident on a caravan site in North Wales and telling him how the FL2 was the best car I had ever owned ... but due to financial circumstances beyond my control another FL2 was not achievable for me.

Even Mrs Avtur, who is the most NON car minded person in the world has already said she will miss the FL2, but I can't get away from the finances of ownership ... it is simply NOT an option for the Avtur family to continue as FL2 owners.

I feel it is quite appropriate to post my thoughts under this heading, however much we love our FL2's sometimes there are circumstances outside our control which prevent the continuing relationship ....

Oh that I wish I wasn't a wage slave, and that I was of sufficient financial means to be able to 'buck the trend'; if that was the case I (WE) would have an FL2 Auto on the drive tomorrow ..... sadly this is the REAL world ........ Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #40397 13th Apr 2009 7:49 pm
CY

Scotland 

AndyC wrote:
I know you don't like quotes Thumbs Up but here goes anyway:
1. I don't care much about certain members personal problems or what car they can or cannot own/drive because of this or that Shocked - This is a forum for FREELANDER 2 owners not Volvos (or tanks).

2. A post IS VERY Off Topic if it posted under a subject called My Freelander 2 when it is about Volvos - if a member has got another make that he wants to make a shout about then it should be placed under Off Topic

3. If these Volvo posts are placed under Off Topic and labelled My Crappy Car Choice - Instead of owning a FL2, then yes as you so rightly mention I wont like it and I wont have to read it Thumbs Up

4. By favouritising "old buddy" ex-Freelander 2 owners by criticising long standing Freelander 2 owners and active Freel2.com members with something to say, then in my mind, you as Site Moderator are not backing up your forum members as you should be Evil or Very Mad

Rolling Eyes

That's not much to do with avtur's Freelander 2 - should've posted it in Off Topic chap Thumbs Up "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #40412 13th Apr 2009 11:16 pm
AndyC

CY wrote
That's not much to do with avtur's Freelander 2 - should've posted it in Off Topic chap Thumbs Up

Laughing coming from a non Freelander 2 owner as well Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #40415 14th Apr 2009 7:58 am
CY

Scotland 

Thumbs Up "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #40442 14th Apr 2009 7:23 pm
Allan

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I have been watching this thread with interest for a while.
You all seem to be missing the point.
Avtur deserves our deepest sympathies at the impending loss of his freelander.
Big Cry Big Cry He also deserves all the ridicule he gets for choosing a Volvo Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
It's like giving up on life and moving into an old folks home Sad Sad 2009 Grey HSE Auto
Gone;
2006 Black FL2 SE manual
2007 Silver FL2 GS commercial manual.

Post #40443 14th Apr 2009 7:40 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing

We should have a whip round and buy him some tartan slippers and blanket,

since the MY09 Volvos now come with a removable pipe and flat cap holder, so he won't need one of those now Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #40444 14th Apr 2009 7:56 pm
AndyC

Allan wrote:
I have been watching this thread with interest for a while.
You all seem to be missing the point.
Avtur deserves our deepest sympathies at the impending loss of his freelander.
Big Cry Big Cry He also deserves all the ridicule he gets for choosing a Volvo Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
It's like giving up on life and moving into an old folks home Sad Sad

Allan, I think its you that is missing the point. I do feel sorry for avtur having to give up his beloved Freely, I would be devastated if I had to sell mine. The point I was making is that this is a Freelander 2 forum and after he has told us the of his plight that should have been the end too it under the subject MY FREELANDER. If avtur wishes to continue to tell us about the next car of his choice then it should be placed under OFF TOPIC.
I agree some of my earlier comments sounded a bit ridiculing as you put it, but they were written with tounge in cheek (honest they were).

Going Off-Topic here a bit Embarassed , but:
Volvo on the other hand is a pretty sore point for Norwegian Land Rover owners at present. Volvo has been the importer of Land Rover for many years and all LR's are serviced at Volvo dealers. From the end of this year Volvo (because of the financial problems they are in) are to stop importing LR's to Norway and the Volvo dealers will stop selling and presumably stop servicing Land Rovers.
At present no body knows who if anybody will take over the Land Rover dealership in Norway, which may well put us Freely owners up Censored creek. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #40449 14th Apr 2009 8:30 pm
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

you could always buy a volvo Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #40452 14th Apr 2009 8:53 pm
AndyC

rover60 wrote:
you could always buy a volvo Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Laughing I could - but I never would under any circumstances Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #40453 14th Apr 2009 8:57 pm
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

A good percentage of your freely is made by volvo in one way or another Whistle 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #40455 14th Apr 2009 9:00 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>