Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 16 <123 ... 1213 141516>
Print this entire topic · 
riggzby

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Galway Green

Hi Dan,

Some comments on your points:

Quote:
"Every time I turn the car on it takes 20 seconds for the unit to boot up..isn't it meant to always be on/fastboot? Someone mentioned above that the wiring can be the wrong way round, would this be what I am facing?"

I have this too, I'm not sure what 'correct' is supposed to be but I was able to change this through a setting in the 'Extra Settings' menu off the 'CAR settings' in the Settings App. There is an option called 'Shutdown delay when ACC OFF'. Mine was originally set to '30 seconds', if you change it to 'Auto sleep' the unit switches straight back on when you start up - no more long boot.

If you've got the carplay dongle which enables wireless carplay and find that it doesn't reconnect to your phone automatically after the long bootup process, it also fixes this as the connection is maintained (9 times out of 10).

Quote:
"The display itself seems to be too large for the box it sits in, whatever is on the screen seems to bleed off the edges meaning I can't see some content - are others facing this issue?"

The unit is pretty tight, correctly hitting any buttons in the corner (e.g. the android home or android back icons) can be tricky, I wouldn't say that anything bleeds off the edges however.

Quote:
"My unit seems to sit too low in the box, and I can see the plastic container of the unit - does anyone else have this issue?"

Yes, I did have this when I first installed the unit, but I think I had just installed it incorrectly. The metal brackets which are on the bottom of the unit actually fit on top of the bottom of the black trim - I originally had it underneath which led to the symptoms you've described.

You'll notice in this photo the metal brackets are sitting over the facia.

Hope thats helped!

Post #396124 25th Aug 2020 2:52 pm
OverByDan

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Whistler White

Hi Riggzby,

Thank you so much for your detailed replies!

I've followed the ACC set up to change to auto-sleep and I still have it booting from cold when I turn on the engine. I've also noticed if I turn off the standard radio, the Xtrons unit turns off too - does this happen for yours?

I've rescrewed the unit in as your pictures explained and it is much better, so thank you for that! For Sale: 2012 Freelander 2 GS (https://www.freel2.com/forum/post431941.html)
Current: 2013 (62 plate) Freelander 2 GS
Me: Web Developer by day, Search & Rescue comms manager for Severn Area Rescue Assocation by night

Post #396525 3rd Sep 2020 3:38 pm
riggzby

Hi Dan,

Ooo... nope, that’s not how mine works. The power to the xtrons unit and to the standard land rover radio are independent, I can leave the xtrons on and switch the main unit off (by pressing the left volume knob) if needed.

I will have a look through some of the settings in the hidden factory menu and see if there was anything else relating to startup that might have changed however combine both the start up and the on/off control things you’re seeing it’s beginning to sound like either your loom or maybe the MCU is different to what I’ve got.

Maybe someone else with one of these units could reply with how their units behave?

Simon

Post #396549 3rd Sep 2020 10:57 pm
petero

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Hi Simon,
I have one of the older units, I think it's Android 8, and it also shuts down when the power to the radio is turned off (either manually or when the ignition is switched off). It doesn't bother me though because most of the time I need them both on at the same time anyway.

I had learned to live with the delay while it booted up from cold so your tip about the switch on time has been a godsend - it is much faster now thanks Thumbs Up

Cheers, Peter

Post #396578 4th Sep 2020 7:13 pm
petero

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Thinking about it, I wonder if it depends which sound system you have fitted as standard?
Mine has the Alpine system with MOST.

Post #396579 4th Sep 2020 7:22 pm
riggzby

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying. In my instance it’s what I assume is the mid line alpine unit (or whatever was standard in the xs spec originally. I don’t have the speakers on the rear pillars or dab).

Sounds like a third scenario in your case where your xtrons unit power is linked to the head unit but you’re able to get the unit to sleep as opposed to restart each time?

I’ve taken a look through the other settings today and haven’t been able to replicate the head unit power scenario so I’m guessing it’s loom related. Sorry I can’t be more help Dan.

Simon

Post #396649 6th Sep 2020 8:41 pm
john capri

Italy 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Biscay Blue

I installed and electrically connected, including the navigator speaker, an android system similar to yours, I bought this: XTRONS PQ70DLRL.
Now I have to connect the audio part (I have a basic model radio). I've read that some people connected the android aux output wires to the radio aux connector wires (my LR radio aux connector has 4 wires, blue-green, blue, yellow and yellow-green).
It is the first time that I try it (for the installation / electrical connection it was easy as practically everything was already prepared), so I kindly ask someone from the forum who is competent, if he has some time, if he can describe in detail / practically the work to be done and how, perhaps with some photos of the connections that allowed the audio to work through the original speakers.
I have been standing still for days and still have not completed the work as I want to be sure of what I do without causing trouble.
If otherwise, I used a 3.5mm jack cable to connect to the aux socket on the back of the center console, wouldn't it be easier for someone like me who is not very familiar with the practice? In this case I would have to pass the cable into the center console, could I do it by removing only the stereo, the air conditioning front panel and the manual gearbox frame? or should the whole console be raised?
Obviously, the invitation is addressed to all those who can provide help
Thank you in advance

this is my radio

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

This is the new android gps radio XTRONS PQ70DLRL

Post #399216 1st Nov 2020 9:23 pm
Wildyone

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

Quick one as want to order this tomorrow

XTRONS PQ70DLR

Does this kit come with the fibre optic loop?
I have a 2010 HSE and was wondering if I need to order anything else as it’s for a gift.....

Thanks

Post #400373 25th Nov 2020 9:35 pm
andyk159

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

You will need to buy a fibre shunt. Not included with Xtrons. Andy
Freelander2 HSE (59 Plate, MY10 spec)

Post #400375 25th Nov 2020 9:44 pm
Wildyone

Thanks...will search eBay

Post #400376 25th Nov 2020 9:45 pm
john capri

I confirm that the optical loop is not present in the package that was delivered to me, but I did not ask the seller for it as the radio of my Freelader 2 has no connections of this kind.
I'm sorry but I won't give you any further information. I recommend that you contact the Xtrons supplier or purchase an optical fiber shunt.

Post #400379 25th Nov 2020 9:59 pm
Wildyone

Thank you

Post #400397 26th Nov 2020 12:01 pm
Wildyone

Xtrons and car play

Is the dongle that you need you to make it wireless?

Or do you need it to make it work regardless?

What then the cheapest dongle that adds car play

Many thanks

Post #400398 26th Nov 2020 12:03 pm
yopero

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

I have just bought a PQ70DLRL and tried to install it on my freelander2 2008.
The car has the simplests radio. It is a l359-cd400 radio and after connecting the looms provided the Xtrons unit does not start at all. not even when the care is fully started.

The radio at back looks like this

Click image to enlarge

The iso connector has this shape
Click image to enlarge

and the xtrons unit has this pinout
Click image to enlarge

As you can see from the last image I have put the voltmeter between pins 15 and 16 in the xtrons looms and I get 14.33 v

Should I have any voltage on the ACC-in(pin 14)?

In order to troubleshoot I was wondering if anyone has the pinout for the connectors at the back of the l359-cd400

thanks.
@john capri did you have any power related issues with your install?

Post #402102 3rd Jan 2021 3:54 pm
john capri

Hi Yopero,
I also had the exact same problem and I verified with a voltmeter that on those pins of the connector there was electrical voltage even when the ignition was off. I solved it with the help of an friend, expert in electrical works, who explained to me that the multimedia did not work as there was no power supply in the ignition condition (without starting the engine).
He pratically connected an another electrically cable powered when the car is in the ignition condition. I think that it necessary to have the voltage on pin number 14 from a ignition connection ( sorry for my bad english ) .
Unfortunately I can't give you any other information as I haven't directly seen the connection of the cable and I don't know how it was made. Everything was solved in a few minutes as there was already in the dashboard an electrically powered cable connected to my previous old multimedia.
Rest assured that your Xtrons works, you just need to solve this problem.
I'm sorry that, for now, I can't be of any further help .

this is an image I found on Freel2.com but I don't have the link.

Click image to enlarge

Post #402172 4th Jan 2021 7:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 16 <123 ... 1213 141516>