Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > XTRONS PA77DLRPL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 16 <123 ... 789 ... 141516>
Print this entire topic · 
inaftanaila

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

"Fixed" my own issue - not related to the Xtrons, it seems. The original radios seem to have a way of not booting up properly - the trick in my case seems to be to allow it to start properly after pushing in the keyfob, and press start only after it started. Seems to work, so far. MY2011, TD4 Auto, Xenon headlights, fog lamps DRLs, sunroof, tinted windows, almond electric seats w/ lumbar support, leather steering wheel w/ audio controls, dog/luggage guard, ambient lights, flush Whispbars, Mantec sump&tank guards, Xtrons Head Unit

Post #361769 10th Dec 2018 8:56 am
Timofleeds

United Kingdom 

Hi was this xtrons PB78DLRPL unit to replace the Alpine premium unit?
My car is a 2011 freelander 2 with the above sat nav. Would anybody that has done this replacement
have the time or inclination to do a step by step guide? I would pay or make a charity donation if you could do this.
I understand the only thing to buy apart from the xtrons unit is the land rover optical cable shunt, is this correct?
I only want this set for the sat nav and hands free phone with possibly a rear view camera at a later stage.
Many thanks Tim.

Post #361979 14th Dec 2018 5:47 pm
Joules 112

England 2008 Freelander 2 2.0T GS Auto Sumatra Black

Hi I’m new to here . Ok so I’ve been given an xtrons 8.1 for my 58 freelander for Christmas. My other half tried to fit it for me today. It seems to work ok after some faffing but the issue is the sound only comes through the tiny speaker which is fine for phone but not for when I want to Bluetooth my music from my phone ! He has tried doing all the red and white cable connection and disconnecting the little speaker all as recommended on here , but still no joy 😢! Has anyone got any other advice please. I’m not bothered about cameras or internet etc I just want say nav music and phone to work through the car speakers . Thanks in advance

Post #362551 26th Dec 2018 8:33 pm
khile

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Manual Havana

Very Happy

Post #362633 28th Dec 2018 9:24 pm
spzero

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Indus Silver

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help? I have a new to me FL 2 and bought the Xtrons unit, I have standard head unit with single cd player in landy plugged the bypass cable in and nothing sent the unit back for replacement same thing, I have wired up to a power supply to test and all I get is green lights on the button module for a second or two when connecting the power nothing more, (i have power to red and yellow wire and earth to the black,
Can anyone shed any light on what I am doing wrong? TIA
Phil

Post #363802 15th Jan 2019 5:00 pm
khile

Yes you will need to find a switched live and wire it to the red wire on the bypass harness

Post #363810 15th Jan 2019 6:25 pm
spzero

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Indus Silver

But why doesn't it work off a power supply with power to red and yellow. I don't want to cut up my loom on a plug and play item as I may invalidate the warranty.

Post #363824 15th Jan 2019 9:06 pm
khile

Yea unfortunately there not plug and play and you'll also need to wire into you aux on car too the smaller plug on back of radio

Post #363826 15th Jan 2019 9:25 pm
Mostly Harmless

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Must admit that after a 18 months and 3 attempts to get the Extrons installed and working I've given up. Now all I need to do is to get the original system working again Shocked

If anyone wants a cheap EXTRONS they can have mine, including rear parking camera, for £50. 57 SE i6

Post #364181 20th Jan 2019 11:48 am
Dani

Austria 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Barolo Black

Hi everybody,
Khile please can you explain a little more how i can wire into AUX on the car because no sound from XTRONS in the car speakers.Maybe you can post a wiring diagram
Thanks

Post #364269 21st Jan 2019 8:26 am
khile

If you have a cd400 radio like mine you needed to look on back there will be 2 plugs the main harness that has loads of wires going into in then you'll have a smaller one with 3-4 wires going into it.

I think the ones you need are white and blue and blue you need to either splice into them I soldered 2 wires from the little speaker to the 2 wires on the back of the radio.

This allowed me to still use heasunit while bstill listening to radio

But you could quite easily just cut the little speaker off all together and use the wires from it

Post #364270 21st Jan 2019 8:33 am
Grue

New Zealand 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black

Have sent you a pm about that Xtrons Mostly Harmless.

Post #364354 22nd Jan 2019 1:48 am
MrC

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Alaska White

I have recently replaced the sat nav unit in my 2011 XS with the PB78DLRPL and am mostly happy with it but there are a few annoying issues which I am not sure if they are specific to my unit or not.

Installation was simple enough, my radio is the version with the single cd and bluetooth phone and with the MOST shunt installed everything seems to be working.

Auto dimming when headlights are on doesn't work out of the box. I didn't see jtq4u's post above about taking a signal from the hazard light panel until I had everything fitted back together, I'll try that at some point.

My main issues with the Xtrons are with the wifi. Tethering does not seem to be supported via bluetooth or usb so I am connecting via wifi to my phone's hotspot, as well as my home wifi when the car is in the drive. When powered up the Xtrons will not automatically enable the wifi or try to connect. You have to manually bring down the settings bar to tap the wifi icon to turn it on. Pretty annoying but I could probably live with this if it wasn't for fact that more often than not it will not let you enable the wifi at all, sometimes for up to 3 minutes after starting up. I'm not sure if the 4g dongle would work any better, as far as I know its just a wifi AP that you would need to connect to via the wifi settings anyway.

Another issue is that I will randomly only get audio out of the front right speaker. To fix this I have to go into the amp app and select anything in there to get the sound out of all speakers again.

The mp3 player doesn't seem to support any advanced features like Replay Gain, gapless or crossfade playback. I need to see if it is possible to replace it with a 3rd party player like PowerAmp.

I don't seem to get the beep warning when the temperature gets low anymore, reversing beeps and low fuel still work. If you have the obd2 adapter and Torque running you can get voice warnings though, however, you need to restart Torque everytime the unit powers up.

I also have the TPMS system which has been working well, it has already alerted me to a slow puncture that was due to a nail.

So, in general I am pretty happy with the unit, definitely better than the stock sat nav, just a few problems that need ironing out.

Post #364413 22nd Jan 2019 3:54 pm
Scotty-D

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi MrC

I was looking into getting the Xtrons system for my 2010 FL2 and as I was unsure if it would work I sent Xtrons UK an email.

Their reply was that the system wouldn't work with FL2's fitted with the Alpine stereo, so I didn't bother.

Has anyone with the Alpine system had any joy with this? I have had a look through the forum but I cant seem to find a yes or no answer.

The main reason I was looking to change was because the sound was very low through the AUX in port, however I have just fixed that with a new ford part for £5.99 and about 20min of work. Land Rover wanted to charge £250.....

Post #364537 24th Jan 2019 4:54 pm
MrC

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Alaska White

Hey Scotty

This is the radio I have and it works fine,

Click image to enlarge

When you emailed Xtrons did you say you were replacing the sat nav or the radio? I think replacing the main radio is a lot more complicated.

Post #364561 24th Jan 2019 9:52 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 16 <123 ... 789 ... 141516>