Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Nokian Weatherproof - Great performance but............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
paulyp

Just ordered myself a set of these too. Exactly what I was looking for. 235 60 18, £109 each from oponeo. Will feed back once delivered and fitted. Toyota Rav4 2.0
Mazda 323F 1.6
Mitsubishi Space Star 1.1
Mercedes CLK 2.7
Mercedes ML230 CDI
Mercedes C-Class 1.8 Classic
Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE my13

Post #278487 14th Oct 2015 10:49 pm
hinchy

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Aintree Green

Can't get them in 19" Big Cry MY13 HSE LUX Aintree Green
MY57 SE Stornoway Grey. Gone
Nissan X Trail
Discovery V8 LPG
Series II Land Rover

Post #278489 14th Oct 2015 11:09 pm
paulyp

Expecting mine tomorrow, but for info, was chatting to the really helpful guy at my local black circles fitting station. They can also fit tyres that weren't bought via them. Pretty handy for me, and Wasnt aware myself, so thought I would share... Toyota Rav4 2.0
Mazda 323F 1.6
Mercedes CLK 2.7
Mercedes ML230 CDI

Post #278564 15th Oct 2015 8:55 pm
Bubbles

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Firenze Red

Had mine swapped over today at local tyre fitters. Ride seems good and quieter than the somewhat tired Laughing Contis the FL came with. They'd done 28k miles and still had around 3mm left _OK but not enough for winter! Will see how the Nokians do by comparison . FL No 1 - 2012 (MY2011) XS manual Firenze Red - Gone
FL No 2 - 2012 (MY2012) XS manual Barolo Black - SWMBO wanted one too!
FL No 3 -2013 XS SD4 Auto Santorini Black
Series III SWB Hardtop - long gone
110 CSW V8 - long gone
Discovery 1 200Tdi - long gone

Post #279470 26th Oct 2015 6:12 pm
paulyp

Got mine on last week. Definitely a reduction in road noise from my scorpion zeros. They look good too. Had them on motorway today and first impressions were great. Will check back in once the snow comes! Toyota Rav4 2.0
Mazda 323F 1.6
Mercedes CLK 2.7
Mercedes ML230 CDI

Post #279483 26th Oct 2015 7:58 pm
robbie666527

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Kemaro wrote:
Made in Wales wrote:
HI everyone. First post here. Just ordered 4 of these myself after reading the reviews. Was looking for the new michelin cross climates I think they're called but not available in the bigger sizes yet. Having them delivered to local indy dealer later this week to be fitted so will report back once I've scrubbed them in a little.

Where did you order them from & how much ? Cheers

Another option : michelin latitude cross 18" , i got mine on a deal at costco !!....cheapest option all round

Post #280147 2nd Nov 2015 5:56 pm
X_DrN

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Hi - do you mind saying how much the Costco tyres were? I am after the same but aren't a member at the minute.

Thanks.

Post #280153 2nd Nov 2015 7:57 pm
Bubbles

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Firenze Red

So far impressed with the Nokians. Had them on for just over a week and done about 500 miles so far. Seem to be quieter than the previous Contis - don't have to turn music up so loud! Feel like they roll Ok and absorb road bumps and uneveness well - but might be due to more tread on the tyre! Economy probably on a par with previous tyres but have done a couple of longer runs and got over 40mpg which is good for me Whistle

They stop well too as I found out on a greasy slip road on Monday when an artic wanted to be where I was........... Censored FL No 1 - 2012 (MY2011) XS manual Firenze Red - Gone
FL No 2 - 2012 (MY2012) XS manual Barolo Black - SWMBO wanted one too!
FL No 3 -2013 XS SD4 Auto Santorini Black
Series III SWB Hardtop - long gone
110 CSW V8 - long gone
Discovery 1 200Tdi - long gone

Post #280413 5th Nov 2015 11:37 am
robbie666527

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

X_DrN wrote:
Hi - do you mind saying how much the Costco tyres were? I am after the same but aren't a member at the minute.

Thanks.

Hi, seem to think they were in the £...85/90 range...had a voucher for £20 cash back from michelin as well...think its one of those quick. time expired deals..I know they are promoting bridgestone tyres at the moment. I had to visit the store as deals werent on the internet. Very pleased with the michelins

Post #280416 5th Nov 2015 11:46 am
X_DrN

I might have to get a membership and have a look. Good to know that you rate the latitude cross tyres too.

Post #280470 5th Nov 2015 8:14 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Id say avoid Tyreleader like the plague. I had terrible trouble getting just one motorcycle tyre delivered to me. As has already been said, there's no contact number and you can only talk to them via a 'ticket' system. I noticed my mistake in the address door number immediately after ordering and attempted to correct it minutes later. Here's the transcript of the 'ticket' correspondence. Apologies for the swearing!

Wrong address!

22 days
Hi
The address is:
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

(I missed the 'B' off the address!)
- Eunice22 days
Hello,

I have contacted the carrier in order to change the delivery address.

If your order has already been dispatched, this change will not be possible. Having said that, it will be necessary to contact the destination depot in case of delivery failure.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible,

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
22 days
Well, I only sent this change no more than minutes after the order so hopefully all should be well. Can you confirm this by return or shall I just cancel the order and re-order it?
20 days
Typical. Online tracking says the parcel was refused. IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN DISPATCHED WITHIN SECONDS OF ORDERING. PLEASE RESEND TO THE ADDRESS THAT I GAVE YOU SECONDS AFTER THE ORDER WAS PROCESSED. 56B xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Eunice 17 days
Hello

i'll verify if the carrier had informed the driver of this and I'll request if a new attempt is possible

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
17 days
Ok. Thanks. If this is not possible, please refund my money and I will re-order at a later date. The correct address was given within seconds of the order being placed. This is a business address and we will be closed from Thursday 22nd October until Monday 2nd November. Thank you.
- Eunice 17 days
Hello

As soon as we have further information I'll get back to you

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
16 days
I'd like a refund now please. You failed to deliver to the address I gave you.
16 days
Do you have a contact number I can phone up to speak to someone. The site was recommended to me and I really wish I hadn't heard of you. Your customer service is a disgrace. I will certainly let ALL the forums I frequent of your terrible, terrible service.
16 days
Give ME the number if your courier and I'll phone them if you are too busy to give me my tyre now you have my money.
16 days

- Eunice 15 days
Hello

The delivery has been refused , could you please tell us why ?

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
15 days
FFS. Because you obviously tried to deliver it to 56 and not 56B as I told you in the first message. Please see my very first message on this ticket. This was sent just minutes after the order was placed. There will be no-one at this address from Tomorrow at 2.00 until Monday 2nd November.
15 days
You replied almost immediately aknowledging the delivery correction. The tracking details still said 56 though and NOT 56B as I had requested. If you can deliver to another address in the next week, let me know and I will give you the alternative address. Thank You.
- Eunice 15 days
Hello

I have sent a request for new delivery to the carrier

I am sorry i had not read the case in complete again, please accept my apologies, i ve foud the historic and recalled the carrier to deliver to the correct address please get back to me to confirm once you have received yoru order

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
15 days
Thank you Eunice but please remember - no-one will be at this address after 2.00 tomorrow until Monday 2nd of November.
- Eunice 15 days
Hello

We do not have direct communication with the drivers its a carrier company that has a partnership with us, however the delivery cannot be scheduled

so they will pass during business hous

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
15 days
Ok, if need be I will stay at the address tomorrow until close if business which is 5.30pm. Can you confirm that it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow?
- Eunice 15 days
Hello

You need to follow up with the tracking number but its most likely tomorrow

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
14 days
Good morning. Is it the same tracking number or has another tracking number been created? Thank you.
- Eunice 14 days
Hello

It sohuld be with this number

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
14 days
Hello

Sorry.

What number are you referring to? The old tracking number - EC776224271GB - shows it was returned to depot on 16/10

Thanks
- Eunice 14 days
Hello

Your tracking for this order isXxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
14 days
Eunice. That is the original tracking details which show it being returned to the depot on 16/10/15 so can I safely assume that it is not even in the system to be delivered today? I only asK because, as already explained, I finish here at 2.00 today and we re-open on Monday 2nd November but I am willing to stay until close of business IF MY PARCEL is on its way. It looks like it isn't. Do you agree?
- Eunice 14 days
Hello

The carrier was contacted yesterday they ensured that a delviery to the correct address is up today

please get back to me if its not the case by tomorrow

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
14 days
Eunice. Someone, either you or the carrier, is an incompetent, lazy, lying Censored bastard. I've just traced and collected my parcel from them. To do this I had to shut my business down while I did so. There was at no time any attempt to redeliver the parcel. In fact, they had told me that they had NO new instructons or new delivery address. Anyway, I have got my tyre now so you can stick your company up your arse. I'll NEVER be buying from you again and I'll make damn sure that nobody I know buys from you either. I am going onto the forums right now to tell them what a Censored company you are and what Censored responses and Censored all help I got from your so-called 'customer service'. Goodbye and good riddance.
- Eunice 14 days
Hello

Thank you for the words " lazy, lying Censored bastard" is really something who does not understand the suplly chain issues we're going through,they will be kept for the record, however,do not hesitate to get back to me if the delivery does not take place today as i have been informe by the carrier company

Unofrtunately I am not the driver, and i do not have your parcel physically with me, but i try to do my best and keep professional even with the kind of comments you write

, i will certainly not be replying to your provocative lack of manners but i will be replying to your order's case anyways once you confirm me if the delviery was or not done today,

Best regards,

- Eunice -.
14 days
"do not hesitate to get back to me if the delivery does not take place today as i have been informe by the carrier company"

Proves my point exactly. You couldn't even be bothered to read my ticket.

I repeat - I HAVE COLLECTED THE Censored PARCEL MYSELF AFTER CLOSING MY BUSINESS FOR AN HOUR. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #280484 5th Nov 2015 9:51 pm
X_DrN

Shocked I'll avoid them then - actually I had a bad experience with them a few years ago.

Post #280487 5th Nov 2015 10:33 pm
blacktiger

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Steve D wrote:
Id say avoid Tyreleader like the plague. I had terrible trouble getting just one motorcycle tyre delivered to me.

I have had the opposite experience with them. Ordered a Mitas E07 rear tyre for my Triumph Tiger800XC and it was delivered 3 days later at a better price than anywhere else. The weird thing is that the tyre came from Paris.

Post #280494 5th Nov 2015 11:46 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I suppose looking back, HAD they taken notice of the address amendment, I too would have had it in three days from France. It was the abysmal follow up service that really inconvenienced me. Just the ability to speak to a person over the phone could have sorted it out quicker. So, if you do use them, get everything right from the off and make sure you are in when they turn up with it or you will have major grief. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #280497 6th Nov 2015 8:05 am
blacktiger

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

I suppose it's the same with any service. If it goes right everything's great but when it cocks up it's hell.

Anyway, I'm curious to know the wear rate on these Nokians (or whatever they're called) as I have about 4~5mm left on the Pirelli Zeros on my TD4e. I'm thinking I need a "dual sport" tyre as the Yanks call them because I want to use the car for light dirt track duty around Europe after I retire next March.
Have to admit that I had never heard of them before reading this thread.

Post #280509 6th Nov 2015 9:43 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>