51%  [74]
Total Votes: 145

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 93 <123 45 ... 919293>
Print this entire topic · 
RW

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver
before or after

Quick question for yamaha-fan and others using 2T oil.

Do you add the the 2T oil before you fill the tank or can it be added after filling up at the station?

Thanks.

Post #11602 12th Dec 2007 8:20 pm
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi RW, I would first add the 2-T oil and then fill up so that the two disolve properly. However, YF is the expert! Bow down

Post #11615 13th Dec 2007 6:47 am
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi RW,
as Defkalion alraedy said, put in the dosis of 2T-oil first and then fill up with diesel so that the 2T-oil is sufficiently dissolved in the fuel.

I am fladdened by your appreciation of my posts and I thank you very much. I promise to keep all of you up-dated on any developments.

YF

Post #11616 13th Dec 2007 6:59 am
defkalion

Do that YF, I hope your next post will be THE method for 70% fuel saving (you know adding a bit of banana and apple juice)... Rolling with laughter Keep up the good work mate!

Post #11620 13th Dec 2007 7:58 am
vafree2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black

Is the catalysed Diesel Particulate Filter installed by default on the diesels or is it an option (on the brochure it is checked as an option). And if not installed, can the 2-T still be used?

Post #11621 13th Dec 2007 8:30 am
defkalion

Hi Vafree2, c-DPF is an option in some countries and standard in others (eg Germany). You may use 2-T oil in either case. How's the vibrations going? (what a question, eh?) Put some 2-T oil and see if it makes a difference! Thumbs Up

Post #11623 13th Dec 2007 8:43 am
vafree2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black

Thanks defkalion on the reply. By the way the vibrations are still on !!, I am switching to N whenever on traffic lights I beleive that YF is correct , it should be related to the gearbox oil and the 2-T will not help.

I will still add the 2-T though, waiting for the tank to empty, and post a reply on the results...

Post #11625 13th Dec 2007 9:27 am
Sam

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

My local garage owner reckons redex for diesels has a high percentage of two stroke!

Post #11769 15th Dec 2007 5:22 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Just a quick Q. to see if I can save money. I guess the cost of adding 0.3L of 2 stroke every fill up adds up quickly!

I don't have the DPF so from what I have read I don't need to worry so much about ash content.

All the 2-Stroke oils mentioned to date in this thread fall into the low ash content ( I think) and I guess are more expensive?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper 2-stroke for engines without DPF?

Yamaha Fan, what standards should be looking for please out of the JASCO 'FC', ISO L-E.......list?

Thanks! '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #12232 28th Dec 2007 12:58 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Scotster

agreed, the addition of 2-T oil to the diesel will cost a few Euro per fill. BUT - your fuel consumption will go down by approx. 5%, so you will compensate here. Besides this, the chances that your diesel engine and turbo charger will give you many years of trouble free operation are very good. So I would NOT use synthetic 2-T oil but any mineral or half synthetic 2-T oil will do. Use the cheapest you can get locally. And don't forget: with addidtion of 2-T oil you reduce the production of sod considerably, and you can take your part in the prevention of air pullution, if you like.

YF

Post #12400 31st Dec 2007 1:00 pm
builder

England 

yamaha-fan wrote:
Hi Scotster

agreed, the addition of 2-T oil to the diesel will cost a few Euro per fill. BUT - your fuel consumption will go down by approx. 5%, so you will compensate here. Besides this, the chances that your diesel engine and turbo charger will give you many years of trouble free operation are very good. So I would NOT use synthetic 2-T oil but any mineral or half synthetic 2-T oil will do. Use the cheapest you can get locally. And don't forget: with addidtion of 2-T oil you reduce the production of sod considerably, and you can take your part in the prevention of air pullution, if you like.

YF

YF. I have found Motul 100 Motomix 2T mineral oil on the internet for £15 for 4ltr and was wondering if you would aprove of this.

After reading your last post I think it will but hearing it from you will give me the confidence to use it and remove any doubts that might creep in. Bow down Bow down

If it's ok it's a very good price to pay for all of the advantages gained and should pay for itself. Thumbs Up
P.S mine will not have the DPF.

Post #12440 1st Jan 2008 12:56 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

builder.

Where did you see that? I haven't done any shopping around and am just trialling the idea with £6.50 (€8.85) 1 Litre bottle from Halfords. Around €3 per fill but Halfords is not know for being cheap Shocked
It is Castrol Power1 Scooter 2T. Complies with API TC; JASCO FD; ISO EGD.

It's probably mineral oil as it would say if it was semi synthetic, and it doesn't.

The price you have found looks good as long as it's up to the job! YF will no doubt advise. Bow down

By the way YF. A 1:200 ratio on a 68 Litre Diesel tank is 0.34 L.

Not that it's easy to pour the stuff to that accuracy!

Thanks again. '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #12452 1st Jan 2008 4:18 pm
builder

England 

scotster wrote:
builder.

Where did you see that? I haven't done any shopping around and am just trialling the idea with £6.50 (€8.85) 1 Litre bottle from Halfords. Around €3 per fill but Halfords is not know for being cheap Shocked
It is Castrol Power1 Scooter 2T. Complies with API TC; JASCO FD; ISO EGD.

It's probably mineral oil as it would say if it was semi synthetic, and it doesn't.

The price you have found looks good as long as it's up to the job! YF will no doubt advise. Bow down

By the way YF. A 1:200 ratio on a 68 Litre Diesel tank is 0.34 L.

Not that it's easy to pour the stuff to that accuracy!

Thanks again.

Hi scotster

This is the web address, check it out for yourself, seems good to me postage is cheap as well.
Just waitng for confirmation from the man himself. YF Bow down Bow down

Post #12453 1st Jan 2008 5:23 pm
RW

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

builder, please post the web address again as there was no link in your last post. Cheers.

scotster, have used the Castrol Power1 Scooter 2T from Halfords with the last 2 tank fills. I used the markings on the container to approximate 330mls (about 1/3rd of 1L). Have definitely noticed an improvement in the mileage (about 2miles/gallon on the average) and diesel clatter dies down sooner after a cold start. No ill effects so far. Smile

TESCO do a cheap 2T oil, but it is JASO FB - so haven't used it. B&Q do mineral and semi-synthetic 2T oils, but need to check their JASO/ISO rating.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?...id=9219171

Post #12460 1st Jan 2008 8:00 pm
builder

England 

[quote="RW"]builder, please post the web address again as there was no link in your last post. Cheers.

Sorry about that. Hope this works. Embarassed
http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?catRef=565227

Post #12461 1st Jan 2008 8:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 93 <123 45 ... 919293>