Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Nuts' Dynamic MY14
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 13 <123 ... 910 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Thanks mate they do make a huge differences to the appearance and look even bigger in the flesh. The extra width 265 eliminates almost all body roll in normal driving Thumbs Up

Finally a few weeks back I managed to connect my spot lights they work of the full beam stock so no additional switches are required. I have four 9" lamps with the built in side light bulbs. The main reason I choose these was because that way my lamps will always be in use and the heat from the side light bulbs will always keep the lamps dry. Each spot light full beam bulb is 135W.

Side light bulb in spot light...

With the DRL's on the spot light bulbs are illuminated ...

Side lights on and spot side light bulbs are still illuminated ...

Dip beam on and spot side light bulbs are still illuminated ...

Full beam on and side light bulbs in the spots are still illuminated. I now have an additional 540W from the four spot lights alone. They are very bright even during the day, the nights are still light but the light output is immense .I will upload more photos come the darker nights...

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #265920 4th Jun 2015 8:05 pm
LR NUT

Rechargeable Land Rover torch arrived today complete with a 2 year warranty. It's surprisingly quite heavy and has an led bulb, hopefully I will get round to fitting it over the weekend.

Indicator gauge

Complete Kit

Land Rover Thumbs Up

Charging cradle

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #267364 19th Jun 2015 9:16 pm
alans835

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

That looks ace does do you know if it fits the older style interior or just the latest style? Wouldn't mind one myself. Regards

Alan

Post #267370 19th Jun 2015 9:28 pm
ronp

Scotland 

Not planning to break down somewhere in the dark, are you Ed.

Idea FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #267395 19th Jun 2015 11:26 pm
westville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Wot did you do with your OE spoiler? No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #267446 20th Jun 2015 1:55 pm
LR NUT

A quick update I removed the boot panel and the torch appears to be working. I have some further testing/checking to do before I cut my rear panel to make it fit! I need to make sure that it does recharge fully. Currently if the ignition is off and you place the torch in the docking station it flashes red which is correct as that means ignition off not charging. Once the car is started sometimes there is a green light flashing which indicates ignition on charging. However this only happens if you remove the torch from the docking station and then put in back in with the car running. The instructions are not very clear if the torch should always flash green indicating that's it's charging. I may at the weekend go across to my folks place and get a hold of my dad who has purchased a new MY15 Disco and look at his one which the dealers fitted prior to registering the car. An alternative would be to drain the torch battery today and then drive around with it fitted and see if it does charge up.

Brief guide to removing the interior panel:

Remove the shopping bag hook

Remove the spare wheel load space cover along with the small storage area left hand side

Now prise out the boot light and disconnect it. (Sorry no pictures of this)

Remove both tie down points only one nut secures them

Remove a section of boot rubber seal, you only require to remove the area that the interior panel channels into. (Section than hits the rubber seal)

Remove the tailgate latch panel (pulls off)

Place your fingers in the vented section (at the top near the boot glass) and now pull panels towards yourself. You will now release the panel. Rememeber to feed the seat belt in front of the panel and it's easier if you leave the rear passanger door open as it prevents you from marking the door panel and grand black lacquer door handles

Disconnect the 12V power supply lead. The panel can now be removed from the interior.

Panel now removed. The orange plug is the 12v supply which we just removed.

The torch came with a lead which had 3 connects on it as seen in my earlier picture...

The green connect slots into the torch docking station which is also green. The orange car 12v plug which was removed slots into the black plug on the torch lead (only fits one of the black plugs, its impossible to use wrong plug). The plug that is not connected should be connected to the 12v supply which is on the interior panel. That way you can still use the 12v supply along with the torch but as I'm still at the testing stage I have not connected it.

Flashing green light indicates its charging.

TO BE CONTINUTED.............................

Last edited by LR NUT on 23rd Jun 2015 8:24 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #267763 23rd Jun 2015 7:31 am
LR NUT

ronp wrote:
Not planning to break down somewhere in the dark, are you Ed.

Idea

Break downs can happen anywhere Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Last edited by LR NUT on 23rd Jun 2015 11:59 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #267767 23rd Jun 2015 8:21 am
LR NUT

alans835 wrote:
That looks ace does do you know if it fits the older style interior or just the latest style? Wouldn't mind one myself.

I have the Evoque unit. JLR have made this torch for every model apart from the Freelander & Defender. I will keep you updated as still in the testing stage before cutting anything! The torch is very bright and has 4 settings. Well worth the money Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #267768 23rd Jun 2015 8:24 am
alans835

Looks good looking forward to seeing how you get on with it. Thumbs Up Regards

Alan

Post #267770 23rd Jun 2015 9:08 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

LR NUT wrote:

Any chance of some beam shots.

Even though it is rechargeable, do you know what batteries it uses?

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #267792 23rd Jun 2015 11:43 am
LR NUT

Having had time to check my dads torch fitted it in his MY15 Disco it appears that the operation cycle on my Freelander is indeed correct. Therefore I finally got the time today to cut the boot panel. I used the metal plate as the template as the paper template is just for the evoque panel and it's more fiddly. I placed the template on the most suited area to look like a dealer fit had the option been available on the freelander. I made sure that there was plenty of space as the docking station of the torch will stick out a tiny bit.

I placed the metal template on area to cut out.

Using a felt tip pen I went around the inside of the metal template

Using a small drill, I drilled holes around marked template line

Once the holes had been drilled I used a Stanley knife and cut the panel out along with a section of the rear padded insulation

Panel neatly cut out

Docking cradle and torch fitted

Rear shot

Tomorrow I plan to fit the panel back into the car.

Last edited by LR NUT on 6th Jul 2015 9:49 am. Edited 5 times in total

Post #268676 3rd Jul 2015 10:00 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

The panel fit looks really good... Who'd know from looking that it wasn't 'out if the factory'?

Post #268680 4th Jul 2015 12:53 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Nice cutting!

Could the car do with more sound proofing behind panel?

I have put carpet in the boot under the spare wheel. It is hard to say but I think it has helped a smidgen to reduce noise. With my previous car there was a noticeable improvement with a bit more carpet in the boot, but it was starting from a lower base, much cheaper car. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #268681 4th Jul 2015 2:43 am
alans835

Looks really good you wouldn't be able to tell its not factory fit excellent job. Thumbs Up Regards

Alan

Post #268685 4th Jul 2015 6:51 am
LR NUT

Lightwater wrote:
LR NUT wrote:

Any chance of some beam shots.

Even though it is rechargeable, do you know what batteries it uses?

I will get some beam shots outside to show the beam travel however the nights are not dark enough yet. The batteries are taped over in really strong sticky lime green tape and packed very tight. All parts/accessories are covered by a 2 years warranty Thumbs Up

Post #268699 4th Jul 2015 10:49 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 13 <123 ... 910 111213>