Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Nuts' Dynamic MY14
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

At least you know your car will be completely unique. I much prefer the body mouldings in the white, good choice.

Post #218207 27th Feb 2014 9:01 pm
Winslet

United Kingdom 

Like the door mouldings in white - good idea. Have thought about doing the same. I had them on my previous FL, but it hads lots of other unpainted black bits. Current one is red and colour coded... red mouldings would be best to blend in.

You could start a trend LR Nut!

2 sleeps to go? 2016 BMW X3 30d SE in red
MY2013 SD4 XS Firenze Red, 19" 10 spoke contrast paint wheels, Signature Strips, Grand Black Lacquer trim, Cold Climate Pack - gone!
2007 TD4 S Stornoway Grey - gone!

Post #218210 27th Feb 2014 9:15 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Thanks mate! Yes I strongly agree the black strips which were put on at factory dated the car and it broke down the body kit, and it was not a good contrast at all. I've never seen one in the flesh colour coded in any colour but it was a gamble which I was willing to take and it paid off. The D pillars colour coded again is a gamble but it will finish her of nicely! There is a lot of extra black on the car to counter balance the extra white so it is a perfect combo to pull off. With the tints being added after I collect the car it will look really unique. Thanks Winslet I have received some negative comments on extra white but it's a personal choice and the good thing is with the dealers making the mistake and ordering the strips at factory we all can now see that they most certainly look better colour coded. It would be nice if I could start a trend Laughing maybe I should in advance change my signature to founder of colour coded d pillars & side mouldings. Tbh I'm quite surprised that nobody has done this before Shocked My opinion is still to have them colour coded regardless if your bumpers/sills are fully painted. With the body kit it adds to the extra styling with them being colour coded. Some might say that it's daft to paint them as they will chip if a door hits them BUT it's better than having moulding on your car that make it look odd! Personal choice however. Yes 2 more sleeps left Very Happy are you thinking of having your side mouldings colour coded Thumbs Up at the end of the day life's to short like land rovers well knowing saying "ONE LIFE LIVE IT" it's good to be different why be a sheep ...when you can be a shepherd... MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #218211 27th Feb 2014 9:16 pm
Jonathan26

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Caspian Blue

Nice looking motor - or it will be. Too blingy for my taste but each to their own.
What surprises me the most is how you've ruined it with a fixed towbar. So many decent detachables available ! FL2 2007 57 GS
D2 2005 Td5 - gone and not missed
FL1 2005 Td4 - gone and missed

Post #218289 28th Feb 2014 7:31 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

With just the tow bar Confused

Laughing

Post #218290 28th Feb 2014 7:35 pm
wizking

Come on Nut, where's the rear pillar pictures?

Post #218294 28th Feb 2014 8:25 pm
LR NUT

Dealers phoned to say they will be getting fitted tomorrow first thing in the morning they are dry but they thought it would be best to give it an extra day for the paint to harden as it's still cold outside. Car will be getting collected tomorrow and I will post more photos when picking her up Thumbs Up Im waiting patiently myself to see how they have turned out. Dealers said they have turned out very well and will set the car off. One thing I know is that they will stand out a bit more than normal. Windows are getting tinted on Monday and then with the black and white contrast it will look the business Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #218300 28th Feb 2014 9:51 pm
LR NUT

Finally picked her up today! Got the rear boot trim painted gloss black also to match the dynamics gloss black pack. It's not the best pic as the sun was quite strong Laughing As it was in their main compound slapped in the middle the salesman and receptionist both said to me (at different occasions) that from 9.30am(when they brought her round)till 2pm when I had arrived that four customers had enquired about the vehicle! One person asked if it this was for sale and wanted to take her away Very Happy , two asked what model it actually was and one customer thought it was a limited edition spec for 2014 Thumbs Up

MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #218343 1st Mar 2014 10:46 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Where did u get the bonnet protector from and price? Thumbs Up Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #218348 2nd Mar 2014 12:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
djwhyte

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Looks quite nice. Somehow it looks shorter now. 1st time FL2 owner. 2007 SE i6 in Tambora Flame.

Post #218353 2nd Mar 2014 7:58 am
wizking

You must be really pleased mate. One of the nicest FL2's I have seen. Thumbs Up

Post #218354 2nd Mar 2014 8:14 am
LR NUT

Bonnet guard was from an LR dealer in Australia, they are market specific also to the USA and to the Middle East! They are manufactured in Australia and then distributed to specific regions. However there are copies around but I choose the genuine option as the guard will be a lot tougher. Thanks for all the positive comments guys much appreciated Thumbs Up wiz that's a real nice comment to hear buddy! Thank You Bow down it was a risk I took being a brand new vehicle and having extra painting done to her! I have seen many white Land Rovers mainly RRS ruined grills,side vents and even rear lights all painted in white Rolling Eyes I got a mixed comments on here but I had a strong vibe that I could pull it off and I have done it. It was worth the gamble Very Happy the d pillars and side mouldings the dealers have never done them on the freely at all! Gloss black tread plate (will get better photo as sun was strong) has never been requested on any model and was again totally new to them. Even the salesman said it sets the car off as the gloss black matches the dynamics gloss black pack! As you can see the car has been compensated with extra black for the extra white so the balance is perfect. Also having the dark turned diamond alloys played a massive part in achieving the look and I'm glad I did not spec any other alloys as an NCO when initially ordering the car. Sparkle silver wheels with white d pillars would have ruined the look. Raised roof rails and cross bars along with mudflaps again are just a brilliant combo! The car turned allot of heads and one guy in a black 2011 FL2 actually stopped his car on a roundabout (busy traffic) and took are really good stare and gave me a thumbs up literally 15 minutes after leaving the dealership. Today I plan to have side repeaters smoked to blend it in with the side vent and change to the overlay gel badges. Sadly the green oval on the gloss black grill looks odd. Plenty more mods to follow so watch this space Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Last edited by LR NUT on 24th Aug 2014 9:53 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #218358 2nd Mar 2014 9:59 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #218362 2nd Mar 2014 10:52 am
Iliacus

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

The "nose bra" is quite common in northern USA and Canada as it does stop the stone chips. I'm not sure if they do one for LR vehicles but there are a lot of them (nose bras) about in Canada.

CG - is that a hearse? GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver
LONG GONE - '55 Norton Dominator 99 SS cafe racer

Post #218365 2nd Mar 2014 11:22 am
Jimski

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Quite like the bonnet deflector, how much did you pay? Are those the stick on side wind deflectors as opposed to 'in channel' ones? How do you find them in terms of sturdiness?

Looking good!! Thumbs Up 2013 FL2 - Black Edition Auto
2013 FL2 - Black Edition Manual GONE!
Founder of the 'Microscopic LR Spoiler Badge Club'
Destroyer of chrome rears.....

Post #218407 2nd Mar 2014 7:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 13 <123 ... 111213>