« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Wheel size change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Brian has the 20" Kahn wheels on his.

19" rims have been offered from LR for the FL2 for quite a while now, as it was detailed with the bodykit in the brochures.

As already said the FL2 has a different offset, and maybe also the PCD and stud pattern are different compared to other LR models, so a simply change is not possible, however it might be possible to purchase or have made some adpater hubs made so that fitment would be possible. When fitting adpaters you also have to consider the extra stress they put onto other components.

I would suggest if you want 19" rims look for aftermarket or the Shadowchrome model that LR offer.

Post #19474 6th May 2008 7:35 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

just make sure the wheels are original LR ones not China copys that Tim found Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #19475 6th May 2008 7:37 pm
Gambba

npinks wrote:
just make sure the wheels are original LR ones not China copys that Tim found

What's a matter with square wheels Rolling with laughter

Post #19508 7th May 2008 5:39 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Pooga wrote:
Hi Guys.

I am from Australia and unfortunately the Freelander 2 is not terribly popular down here. The dealers are quite hopeless when it comes to assisting with even the littliest things.

My question is in relation to wheel fitment. Can I fit a set of either 19" Land Rover Discovery 3 or Range Rover Sport Wheels to my Freelander? No one over here seems to know if the offset is fine let alone if the stud pattern is exactly the same. Im sure plenty of you guys have fitted them.

Check out this thread

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1965.html?highlight= FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19520 7th May 2008 6:55 am
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Have driven yesterday my brother's brand new Audi S line (diesel) Was not impressed at all.
The wheels were 18" and the suspention sport. The ride was very uncomfortable and I felt even the smallest pothole. As the dampers are short all the time there was this noise as the damper hit the end of it's way.
I know that it is unfair to compare Audi 18" to FL2 18" as the latter has mucu more rubber anyway but the ride was worst than the one I was used in my Peugeot 407 with 17".
I tink that Audi 18" have as much rubber as a FL2 20 " ?
This did convince me not to change my alloys. FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #19526 7th May 2008 7:46 am
Pooga

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Zermatt Silver

I have found a decent 20" package for my FL2. They are a set of ROH Prowlers

http://www.roh.com.au/asp/iframe_content/p..._large.gif

I think they look pretty mean. Going to put some 255 35s on which should look the goods.

ROH are Aussie made and owned which is even better.

Specs on the rims are

20" x 8.5" PCD is 5/114.3mm I think the offset is around 30.

Will throw some pics up when I fit them.

The PCD for Disco 3 and Range Rovers is 5/120 so obviously you cannot fit these to FL2s without adapters of which are illegal in Australia. It's ok to be ugly, but you've overdone it!

Post #25254 6th Aug 2008 12:44 am
Gambba

Pooga, what sort of finsih will you get them in?

They should good on the LR2 especially with the nice wide tyres Twisted Evil Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #25258 6th Aug 2008 10:26 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Very smart and easier to clean than the LR19" wheels - and cheaper as well I bet Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25262 6th Aug 2008 11:22 am
Rory's Dad

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver
Check the PCD!!

Mate,

Pretty sure that the 5x114 is the Japanese PCD for a FL1 not the 5x108 PCD Ford fitment used on the FL2,
I would check before you get anyone happy with a drill on your wheels.
Also if you go anything other than 265/45/20 you will change the rolling diameter and hence alter the speedo calibration.

Anyone know better?

Post #25281 6th Aug 2008 3:55 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
18" or 19" aluminium rims

In Germany everything is regulated, and if you want to fit your Freely 2 with alu-rims in a size not originally approved by Landrover, such rims have to be checked and approved by the German Technical Verification Body (TUEV). Under "www.dezent-wheels.com" you can choose the wheel configurator and then look at all alu rims available for our new Freely 2 in all sizes. The alu-rim MHg in 19" is particularely interesting, as very good looking, approved for our Freely 2, good quality (made in Germany) and reasonable in price.
The mother company of Dezent-wheels is ALCAR, and you can look under "www.alcar.de" at the total programm they offer under AEZ, DOTZ, Dezent and ENZO. All rims are sold world-wide.

P.S. a similar rim-site you will find under "www. wheel-machine.com"

YF

Post #25282 6th Aug 2008 3:58 pm
Rory's Dad

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver
More on PCD

Pooga,

If yamaha fan can translate this from the matzker webpage you may get more flexibility in finding alloys if you use an adapter to convert the 5x108 to 5x120.

Diese Leichtmetall-Spurverbreiterung adaptiert den Lochkreisdurchmesser von 108mm auf 120mm. So können die Felgen vom Range Rover, Range Rover Sport und Discovery 3 oder entsprechende Zubehör-Felgen montiert werden

My german is pretty crap but I think this says FL2 has 5x108 but you can get an adapter to 5x120. Pricey though! Shocked

Post #25288 6th Aug 2008 8:41 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

google translate:-

This light metal track adapted the hole diameter from 108mm to 120mm. The surface is black anodized. This allows the rim of Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery 3 or enhancement wheels mounted. The adapter causes a track of 56 mm and is for rims with the standard offset. A variant is empfehlenserte e.g. the assembly of the 7-spoke 20''Felge Range Rover, with 255/50R20 tires. This wheel provides a significant improvement of road situation with a subtly-powerful optics (see illustration). The driving comfort and terrain features are due to the high diameter excellent. It may also 18''Discovery the 5-spoke wheels with 255/60R18 tires of All Terrain Conti or general assembly. The all-round qualities of a tire AT are grounds for occasional trips a significant advantage (See under the heading 'Press', our Freelander test in the scientific journal Off Road). With the 19''6-spoke rim of the Discovery and the Good Yerar MTR afterwards, the Freelander 2 to the pure off-roader. The rough MT-profile offers itself in deep mud or traction. There are also a variety of options with this adapter feasible. The track with Radnabenadapter with TÜV parts advice. The tire and wheel selection, the tech. Conditions for eligibility to consider! 19 assembly At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #25289 6th Aug 2008 8:49 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
google translate:-

Shocked GOB-SMACKED Shocked Thud I take my grey cap of to CG Bow down Bow down 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25293 6th Aug 2008 9:23 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Rory's Dad and Chicken George, well done!!!
Unter "www.kfztech.de" you can calculate the speedometer-difference when using different wheel sizes.
If the standard wheel size is 235/65-17, the equivalent in 18" is 235/60-18, and in 19" 235/55-19 without changing the electronics.
If you want to have broader tyres, the maximum size in 17" is 255/60-17, and in 18" 255/55-18, provided the Landrover wheel data 108/5 with max ET 40 (ET 55 is standard) are met.

YF

Post #25300 7th Aug 2008 9:59 am
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

yeah but what's empfehlenserte?!

Sounds painful Shocked

Post #25305 7th Aug 2008 10:52 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>