« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Ebor Leisure - Poor Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
Ebor Leisure - Poor Service

I just posted this on Caravan Talk, but since it was removed for an unexplained reason, I thought I would post it here also Evil or Very Mad

I was delighted to buy my new caravan from Ebor Leisure, York 12 months ago, been a long standing customer of Catterick Caravans, Ebor was ideal for me been so much closer, even putting to one side that they failed to register my Powrtouch movers warranty.

But a year on and time for my first service, I ring up and nobody in the service department, but the helpful gent booked my caravan in for the 14th May.

Now the issues start, the day before they ring up and cancel my booking and tell me that June would be the next available date, they gave the excuse that a engineer had left the company and were short staffed. So I have a wasted day off work.

I said that the June date was not suitable as my caravan need it service as close to the beginning of May as possible to keep its warranty intact.

They suggested that I bring it in on the Tuesday after bank holiday and they service it Wednesday, ready in time for me to collect Thursday, perfect and in time for my next trip away the following weekend. (Thursday to Sunday)

So i ring up Wednesday for a update and the person tells me the service side is closed:o I question this as they were supposed to be carrying out my service, and it turns out the lady who "runs" the service side is off ill. The man who answered comes back from the workshop and tells me that the caravan is been serviced and is nearly finished and nothing has been found so far.

Now onto today, Thursday, I ring this morning to be told the service lady is still off, but this man says that he enquire and call me back, which he did shortly after around 10am. Only to be told that the workshop was about to start my service about 11am, after they had prepared and caravan been sold:angry: I explained that i was unhappy at this and went over what was supposed to happen and he would let the workshop know and keep me updated.

So come 12:40 still not heard anything, and i speak to what must be a third person to be told the caravan wasn't going to be finish for at least a minimum of 2 hours so I don't look like i will be going away tonight as planned due to their lack of competence

The service level been received from Ebor Leisure, York is no where near as good as i have got from Catterick Caravans themselves, so don't be fooled into thinking the same group offer the same level of service throughout their network.

To be honest even Catterick have let themselves down, as the area service manager, still hasn't returned my two phone calls i have made to him since 10am this morning either Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #185855 30th May 2013 2:17 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hope you feel better now Nick. TBH I think most caravan dealers seem to think they are doing you a favour once you have first towed the van away. Tends to reflect the woeful build quality of the vans! Most car dealers could run rings round them. 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #185856 30th May 2013 2:32 pm
ad210358

England 

Nick, if you name names over on CT they pull the thread, your not allowed to name anyone, an ex member on here bought a new Coachman, on the first service a lot of damp was found, he posted it and it was pulled, it's the Nanny Forum Thumbs Up p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #185875 30th May 2013 5:37 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Blimey Nick

I have bought 7 caravans from Chipping Sodbury caravans over the years and always had exceptional service !
1st class, far better than any service from any car dealer ever & Bailey at Bristol were Fabulous when my caravan needed a new side roof & front after a tree came down in the wind.
Superb faultless repair, excellent service & ready when they said it would be & not a single glitch after the repair 2 years ago & still 100% fab now Thumbs Up

Post #185883 30th May 2013 6:18 pm
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

Probably too far for you, but glossop caravans have a superb service department, never had a problem with them.

Post #185891 30th May 2013 7:01 pm
bish789

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Brighouse Tourer World. Good old fashioned service.

Post #185892 30th May 2013 7:05 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

CG enterprises can help call in for a free estimate. We dont just service we will take it apart At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #185894 30th May 2013 7:11 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

ad210358 wrote:
Nick, if you name names over on CT they pull the thread, your not allowed to name anyone, an ex member on here bought a new Coachman, on the first service a lot of damp was found, he posted it and it was pulled, it's the Nanny Forum Thumbs Up

Just got a reply, bit pathetic, can't name and shame Rolling Eyes ridiculous for a forum to be like that

My issue was only made worse when I got there and found they have scraped something or hit something with my caravan, black scrape mark left, which when polished off, there is a mark as if the GRP coating has been removed by the impact

In no way is it a large impact, or mark but that's not the issue Evil or Very Mad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #185895 30th May 2013 7:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Catterick caravan themselves, excellent, their Ebor Network branch, Censored terrible Exclamation

I have spoken to their Area Manager who is in charge of service centre in the chain, was apologetic, explained and admitted issues they were having and what they have in place shortly too hopefully fix things

See were we go from there Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #185896 30th May 2013 7:15 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

If you look close, you can make out the paint/coating is now missing just in front of my finger ( not the best iPhone photo)
Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #185905 30th May 2013 8:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I also realised that there was no one shot nuts left in the caravan, normally these are removed to check the wheels, left in the caravan to show its been done, the area service manager states that Alko say they don't need removing on the first service, but they normally would do this as part of the service anyway

I know they charge extra for the nuts, which they haven't , but the fixed price service must include the time taken too check, I feel like they have cut corners here and there now, and I have not to what I paid for

I feel a conversation with them coming on again Evil or Very Mad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #185915 30th May 2013 10:13 pm
ad210358

England 

Nick, have you tried Swift Talk? p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #185921 30th May 2013 11:06 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Not yet Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #185922 30th May 2013 11:07 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Ouch Nick !

Thats an airline hose been dragged around the van !

sloppy poor service with lack of care !

Post #185942 31st May 2013 8:41 am
Jonathan26

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Caspian Blue

Sounds like poor service to me. As the owner of a (mobile) NCC approved Workshop, brakes should be stripped, cleaned and adjusted on every service. How do they know how many miles you've done in your first year compared to subsequent ? When I attended Alko training at their UK HQ, it was never mentioned to miss brakes on the first service.
It's easy to criticise others work but I treat every customers property as though it was my own - carefully. It's clear they haven't in this case. FL2 2007 57 GS
D2 2005 Td5 - gone and not missed
FL1 2005 Td4 - gone and missed

Post #185966 31st May 2013 5:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>