Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Ebor Leisure - Poor Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reply Jonathan Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #186023 1st Jun 2013 8:54 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

so the saga continues, speaking to ebor leisure they first of all started that the would have done the one shot hub nuts and obviously had made an error on the worksheet. I asked how they had managed to remove the wheels without touching them as i have pictures of each wheel showing that they had not been handled and even dirt with a nut hole that hadn't been disturbed.

The lady, then called me back stated that she had been made aware it was my first service and they the whole group policy was not to remove these nuts on the first service, even when i confronted her to say that i had it confirmed by catterick caravans themselves that they should be working to the same worksheet on what was required, she was still stating that they didn't need doing. I also had a service sheet from my old caravan, that showed the nuts been replaced on its first service, but she could explain why i had been charged for something that didn't need doing according too her on a first service.

I then rang Catterick, spoke to a service receptionist who confirmed that they should be done again, and said that she used to work for the Discover Leisure Group,(what ebor Leisure was before Catterick took the site over when DL went bust) and they never did the one shot nuts on the first service.

I then had a lengthy chat too a manger at Catterick, who agrees that the wheels should have come off and that they should have been servicing the caravan in line with what Catterick Caravan set out, and it might appear that they have done it the old way.

We are now looking to rebook the caravan in at the trustworthy Catterick Caravan site and sort out what they should have done in the first place

Anyway for those who want to see the miricle wheels that can be removed without been touched, then here you go Laughing

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #186402 4th Jun 2013 2:47 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

vanning? worth the hassle? its supposed to be a holiday tool not a job Confused

much easier to get stranded in an all inclusive Austrian hotel Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #186411 4th Jun 2013 4:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

believe me right now, i think your right Big Cry Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #186422 4th Jun 2013 4:46 pm
muddywheels

England 

Terrible Service Nick Evil or Very Mad

I was going to try them next having found Yorkshire Coast Caravans useless Rolling Eyes

CaravanTalk is a poor forum I am afraid - seems to be run for the manufacturer/dealers not the members - they even reached me on RRsport and got my post removed Embarassed Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #186442 4th Jun 2013 5:54 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Catterick seems to be putting it right, things have not been helped with the group service manager been away this week

In my opinion it's looking to be caused by old employees, working to the old discovery leisure regime, and not what they should be doing to the code Catterick caravan ( head office) stipulate for what needs to be done Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #186450 4th Jun 2013 6:21 pm
Jonathan26

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Caspian Blue

Npinks, when you went to collect your caravan, did they not ask you to witness and sign for the wheelnut torque setting ?
It's recommended good practice for any NCC approved workshop.
Reverting to blaming old practices from previous owners is a bit lame. How long is it since they took over ? How many poorly serviced vans since then ? The absence of a service manager is no excuse. I was sorry to see discover go ( even though a competitor to me on servicing) but if they were this shoddy then perhaps it was overdue ? FL2 2007 57 GS
D2 2005 Td5 - gone and not missed
FL1 2005 Td4 - gone and missed

Post #186458 4th Jun 2013 7:13 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Didn't witness a thing as there was nothing to witness as hey admitted today they didnt do it as it wasnt due Rolling Eyes I have said today that if its not sorted I will report them to the NCC, if that possible and get my solicitors involved.

All booked in to be re-serviced at Catterick and brought back up to spec and inline with how it should have been in the first place, so fingers crossed that will be the end of it till next year Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #186480 4th Jun 2013 9:01 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Make you think how many incorrectly serviced vehicles or caravan are out there done by them and their service errors Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #186481 4th Jun 2013 9:02 pm
Jonathan26

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Caspian Blue

The NCC and the approved workshop scheme has a complaints procedure. Check out their website. FL2 2007 57 GS
D2 2005 Td5 - gone and not missed
FL1 2005 Td4 - gone and missed

Post #186487 4th Jun 2013 9:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Just have been doing just that Mr. Green Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #186492 4th Jun 2013 9:24 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

They have just been to collect my caravan, and they are towing up too Catterick to have it fully serviced this week for collection after its done correctly. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #191401 15th Jul 2013 1:03 pm
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

I believe that well-known firm of vehicular experts Messrs. Clarkson, May & Hammond know a thing or two about how caravans should be treated... Very Happy ... try giving them a call !!! Thumbs Up

... ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #191413 15th Jul 2013 3:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Got my update today

No issues with the brakes, suspension, gas electrics

Need a set if Alko hitch pads

And the front windows and rail need replacing due to water ingress, measuring upto 50 %, do got a claim in on warranty

Not happy Exclamation is it worth taking this up with swift as I think it's out of order on a year old caravan Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #191606 16th Jul 2013 9:30 pm
muddywheels

England 

Definitely Nick Shocked

Not acceptable on 1 year old - not on 2 or 3 year old either - I thought they were claiming superior bonding etc now Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #191615 16th Jul 2013 10:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>