Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What did you do in your FL2 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 118 of 131 <123 ... 117118119 ... 129130131>
Print this entire topic · 
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Will just have to wait and see what’s offered. Awareness course sounds like an option, if it’s local and I’m not forced up to Yorkshire to take it.
I’m just so Censored annoyed I was caught. No recollection of where it was and I’m usually so mindful of cameras. We’d previously been on the M62? and it was just after the official announcement of the Queens death so probably distracted by that. Took a wrong turn off a huge roundabout, went up the road to turn around . . . . . . . . Can’t even blame Significant Other Wink

Post #425395 18th Sep 2022 7:24 pm
geotrash

United States 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Spent some money on new tires and an alignment. Still looking good with 230K on the clock.

Post #425439 20th Sep 2022 2:47 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Sidthecat wrote:
Will just have to wait and see what’s offered. Awareness course sounds like an option, if it’s local and I’m not forced up to Yorkshire to take it.
I’m just so Censored annoyed I was caught. No recollection of where it was and I’m usually so mindful of cameras. We’d previously been on the M62? and it was just after the official announcement of the Queens death so probably distracted by that. Took a wrong turn off a huge roundabout, went up the road to turn around . . . . . . . . Can’t even blame Significant Other Wink

The speed awareness courses are run nationwide no need to return . A mate of mine was caught in Wales coming up from the Holyhead ferry . He did his course online . It’s a no brainer really cheaper than the fine , and you just have to keep your nose clean for 3 years to qualify for another . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #425442 20th Sep 2022 8:39 am
Kage

Sidthecat wrote:
Will just have to wait and see what’s offered. Awareness course sounds like an option, if it’s local and I’m not forced up to Yorkshire to take it.:

When I did mine it was on line and took about two and a half hours.

Post #425448 20th Sep 2022 1:55 pm
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I did mine in a local hotel and I though it would be an Army style shout at you event but I was wrong. It was run by a couple of very friendly and interesting blokes who were into all sorts of speed related stuff connected to motor racing. The course took about two hours and it was both informative and interesting and run in a friendly manner. It was enjoyable and I was surprised as to how many people attended.

J

Post #425473 21st Sep 2022 10:47 am
Sidthecat

MOT yesterday, along with service. MOT all ok, advisory on tyre wear, as well as ‘windscreen seriously discoloured but not adversely affecting drivers vision’. Didn’t really check certificate when I left the garage so contacted them today as I’d not heard of this before. Turns out tester input wrong code, should have referred to a very small mark on windscreen, passenger side. This is where Autoglass effected a repair a year ago and this was the ‘interior scarring’ which they assured me was ok.
I thought I was going to have to get bucket of water out and give the screen a good wash Rolling with laughter
Seems MOT details cannot be adjusted for this, as it’s just an advisory comment.

Post #425477 21st Sep 2022 12:38 pm
Thrud

United Kingdom 

Snap, MOT done too. Advisory for roll bar linkage bush, but very happy with the pass. 2011 SD4 HSE with 128k on the clock now, backed up with excellent history when I bought it 12 months ago. I still cannot imagine what could replace it, even with a large budget. I would probably just try and run this one up to 200k miles. Time will tell!
Thanks to everyone on this forum for being a font of information and humour!

Post #425483 21st Sep 2022 8:06 pm
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

MartynB wrote:
The speed awareness courses are run nationwide no need to return . A mate of mine was caught in Wales coming up from the Holyhead ferry . He did his course online . It’s a no brainer really cheaper than the fine , and you just have to keep your nose clean for 3 years to qualify for another .

Not strictly true. There are a number of strategic partnerships for running the courses, and not all forces are signed up to them.

As an example, Dorset do not take part in any reciprocal arrangements with any other forces. Get done in Dorset, your course is in Dorset. Similarly if you live in Dorset and get done in Hampshire, or Thames Valley, in Wilts etc, you will need to do their course and not the local offering. I "transgressed" outside Oxford in early 2020 and found the closest course I could go on was the other side of Portsmouth at Hayling Island. Luckily ( !! ) the plague came along and online courses became a thing. Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #425492 22nd Sep 2022 10:31 am
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Discovered that my A/C was low on refrigerant. Now to test for the leak but winter is around the corner.

Post #425496 22nd Sep 2022 2:37 pm
ozjeff62

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Ipanema Sand

Not quite today, but a test weekend with our newly re-commissioned van down to the South Coast of NSW.
The Freelander barely noticed the van behind - it's only about 1300kg.
Great spot - $6 for two adults for two nights.

MY11 SD4 SE Auto

Post #425685 2nd Oct 2022 11:09 am
yorkshirerob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Ipanema Sand

last weekend was my birthday but instead gave the motor a birthday! Was due annual service and MoT but also decided to get some extras done too like auto transmission fluid, haldex kit, from & rear diff oils. Apparently haldex oil and ATF black and well worth doing. Car just at 60k !
Downside - advisory on a rear shocker leaking.

Post #425686 2nd Oct 2022 11:15 am
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

MotionInc wrote:
Discovered that my A/C was low on refrigerant. Now to test for the leak but winter is around the corner.

Don’t forget that the refrigerant includes lubricant for the ac system so that is probably low as well!

Post #425688 2nd Oct 2022 12:16 pm
Grimdog

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Barolo Black

Finally got around to fitting a replacement starter motor after I snapped the solenoid connector off when I changed the cam belt nearly 2 years ago......
My car is a stop start model 160k miles The replacement starter was second hand from a low mileage evoke. What a difference. The car turns over much quicker, and catches sooner. Not a difficult job with the air filter housing removed for access. Also cleaned up all the earth cables and starter cables. Took around an hour to do.

Post #425690 2nd Oct 2022 2:39 pm
Sidthecat

Kage wrote:
Sidthecat wrote:
Will just have to wait and see what’s offered. Awareness course sounds like an option, if it’s local and I’m not forced up to Yorkshire to take it.:

When I did mine it was on line and took about two and a half hours.

Been offered speed awareness course, just shy of 3 hours at the Holiday Inn a few miles down the road from home.

Post #425691 2nd Oct 2022 3:34 pm
Deafender

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Spent some time idly browsing Powerful UK for accessories for the Freely and ended up saving myself about £95.00 …Today I fixed the broken glove box damper with the five quid repair kit from PowerfulUK which I’d not come across before- it works a treat!

It took about ten minutes overall… I’d not bothered before as the replacement damper lists at around £100.00 with JLR Shocked Lexus RX450H - 500 mile a week commuter- I just couldn’t trust in a newer RRS or DS for that….
2009 Freelander 2 HSE... 155K miles, we’ve done 135k of those, has done brilliantly on the commute and staying firmly put as car two in the household
2002 Jaguar XK8 Coupe... fun, fast, ours for 12 years and owes us nothing - so staying with us too…

Post #425804 9th Oct 2022 1:27 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 118 of 131 <123 ... 117118119 ... 129130131>