Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Webasto... Who is after a project?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>
Print this entire topic · 
parrafin23

Norway 

Its been 1 hour.. and the car must have one to sleep now.. I just pushed the start button and ill check and see whats happening.. but it looks like i need to get hold of the DIY kit you made availible for us..

Nope.. it stil tries to start and then just shuts down again.. BLAST!!!

Mr.P

Post #287701 19th Jan 2016 9:01 pm
MortenB

Norway 

Sorry for hijacking, but I would like to install the T91 in my car. I will need to update the firmware and enable telestart, does anybody know where I can get software to do this? Or is it generally not available?

Brg Morten

Post #287717 20th Jan 2016 12:18 am
alex_pescaru

You can run the procedure at the dealer.
Or if you have dealer like tools/interface/software, you can DIY, just like parrafin23 has done it.
The user FL2Printzern seems to be close to you. Maybe he can help you. Or maybe parrafin23.

Post #287718 20th Jan 2016 12:28 am
parrafin23

Norway 

Sure I can help.. Vestfold is closer to me than LR2Printzern, But Vestfold is large.. where abouts are you in vestfold? I Buskerud is the next town to Vestfold so to speak.. So yea I can enable this for you if you like. Send me a PM about it..
We are all here to help arent we?

I have to buy the controler.. i cant program or get the pcb.. Ill ask discostick.. Cheers Alex..

Mr.P

Post #287754 20th Jan 2016 1:12 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

One happy Morten arived yesterday with hees freelander 2, in the hopes to enable Telestart.
Wipped out the laptop and connected the battery conditioner.. Rand the Add Telestart..
I got an issue with the software on the webasto.. I have seen this error before when I was doin the same to my fathers freelander, ended with a module without software.. Here s the error from SDD :

Click image to enlarge

I aborted the operation and started all over. This time without any fault.. except IE has crashed message after SDD had cleared all the fault codes.. I do not beleave this is causing any issues. The routine whent fine..

So now Mr.MortenB you should be ready to go..

ps. Cheers for the beer... hick.. Rolling with laughter
Mr.P

Post #287997 22nd Jan 2016 4:58 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

While TTW is connected and the fbh is running and all is great.. but as soon as i shut down or remove the laptop.. the webasto shuts down.. water temp as 17c and battery 11,97v. that I do find a bit strange.. Might it be that as longs as ttw is connected it "ignors" commands from canbus and when TTW is shut down or removed the webasto "obeys" the canbus commands?

Mr.P

Post #288112 24th Jan 2016 10:33 am
alex_pescaru

Any activity on the W-bus should be "sustained" by sending a series of "keep alive" packets.
When you shutdown the laptop or disconnect the TTW, these "keep alive" packets "disappear" and you'll get a shutting down burner. Wink

Post #288144 24th Jan 2016 3:28 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

found this kit on the net. a different part number, so im not sure if it will work

Mr.P

Post #288246 25th Jan 2016 3:21 pm
alex_pescaru

It may work OK. Generally, any T91 is compatible with the FL2's burner.
But then again, you can be out of luck... It should be tested to be sure.
Better buy something that you know for sure it's working.

Post #288256 25th Jan 2016 4:53 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

You are right Alex.. I have to buy the stuff I know works..

Perhaps I could get the pcb layout from you? So i can make my own board and component list... Im not sure if i can program a ic but perhaps you can do that for me?

Mr.P

Post #288360 26th Jan 2016 6:50 pm
alex_pescaru

I didn't make a PCB layout. I've said that on the thread... My version is made on a test board... Laughing

Post #288381 26th Jan 2016 9:29 pm
MortenB

Norway 

thanks for the assistance !

Have found a guy on finn.no which can seel me the T91 complete kit for 1590.- NOK, which is not to bad. Will hopefully get it installed next week.

parrafin23 wrote:
One happy Morten arived yesterday with hees freelander 2, in the hopes to enable Telestart.
Wipped out the laptop and connected the battery conditioner.. Rand the Add Telestart..
I got an issue with the software on the webasto.. I have seen this error before when I was doin the same to my fathers freelander, ended with a module without software.. Here s the error from SDD :

Click image to enlarge

I aborted the operation and started all over. This time without any fault.. except IE has crashed message after SDD had cleared all the fault codes.. I do not beleave this is causing any issues. The routine whent fine..

So now Mr.MortenB you should be ready to go..

ps. Cheers for the beer... hick.. Rolling with laughter
Mr.P

Post #288437 27th Jan 2016 1:48 pm
parrafin23

Norway 

I bought the T91 my self.. good prize, brand new, direct from WEbasto Germany.
The wiring that comes with the kit, called ESVT adapter.. this has a 6 pin. 5 of em is populated. I only used the factory connector that i found in the car. it was PlugšnšPlay.

Anyhow.. This ESVT adapter has 4 connectors in total.. on the big 6pin that goes to the Telestart T91 5 wires

pin 1 red 12v
pin2 yello w-bus
pin3 black 12v out
pin4 grey thats for the timer
pin 5 NA
pin 6 brown GND

Lookin at the connector found in the FL2 for the TElestart. it has 4 pins populated. 12v, Gnd w-bus and 12vout.
No idea what that 12v out is connected to in the car, this might be for a IPCU to activate the blower relay via pwm signal perhaps?

Mr.P

Post #288474 27th Jan 2016 7:50 pm
alex_pescaru

Yes, that output is an 0V inactive, 12V active, for you to drive something (like a fan how you said or a tell-tale) when the burner is working.

Post #288479 27th Jan 2016 8:20 pm
MortenB

Norway 

Do you have any pictures ? Got hold of an T91 yesterday, was trying to install today, but found only 1 6-pin connector on the left side, which is not the same size as the T91 6-pin connector. Are they supposed to connect or should there be an adapter ?

My FL2 does not have the antenna cable on the left side, but on the right side, so I guess it is not equipped with the antenna option for the T91 and I should get hold of an external antenna.

Any pictures would be nice, thanks Smile

parrafin23 wrote:
I bought the T91 my self.. good prize, brand new, direct from WEbasto Germany.
The wiring that comes with the kit, called ESVT adapter.. this has a 6 pin. 5 of em is populated. I only used the factory connector that i found in the car. it was PlugšnšPlay.

Anyhow.. This ESVT adapter has 4 connectors in total.. on the big 6pin that goes to the Telestart T91 5 wires

pin 1 red 12v
pin2 yello w-bus
pin3 black 12v out
pin4 grey thats for the timer
pin 5 NA
pin 6 brown GND

Lookin at the connector found in the FL2 for the TElestart. it has 4 pins populated. 12v, Gnd w-bus and 12vout.
No idea what that 12v out is connected to in the car, this might be for a IPCU to activate the blower relay via pwm signal perhaps?

Mr.P

Post #290282 13th Feb 2016 4:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>