Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Sat Nav Route Interogation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
looney_loey

United States 

[quote="npinks"]To recalculate the route, whilst it is giving directions, press route options then the calculate button again, I think Question

Just last week I tried taking another route from my dealership to home and I find it annoying Mad to hear that the NAV is trying to make me exit the motorway/freeway and take the route that it suggested...so I press route then calculate button hoping like TOMTOM (which automatically calculates) it will give me a new route based on my current position but to my dismay it still ask me to take the next exit and take the given route it suggested!

quite annoying too you can't re-route to a POI unless you completely halted Sad Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #8970 25th Oct 2007 1:55 am
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
errr

errr. not sure I get that LL. If I ignore my sat nav directions it does re-calculate automatically, once turning back makes no sense (which is often immediately!).

When I got my FL2 (& first sat nav) I was disappointed that it was not as intuitive as I would have liked. Having used it a fair bit now, I find "Shirley Sat Nav" a great boon. She does make the odd quirky decision, but still well worth having!
Rolling Eyes Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #9010 25th Oct 2007 10:46 pm
looney_loey

United States 

Shocked now i'm suspecting i need a software update! Confused

@ nick, it's like this, going to work i can use either motorway/freeway 5 or 110 which are parallel to each other.. I'll choose route 1 which is freeway 5 but when I see a traffic ahead i'll then use freeway 110..then my SAT NAV will make me take the next exit, use the side street and Censored point me back to freeway 5 Shocked Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #9077 27th Oct 2007 4:26 pm
Wilbur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

Thanks to all of you for your comments, it seems that most of us are not happy with the complicated ststem fitted

Post #9100 28th Oct 2007 4:05 pm
superkoala

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

I'm happy with it Smile 

Post #9119 29th Oct 2007 11:25 am
Nick Jan

yep

Yep LL ...... parallel roads (like at junction 8 clockwise on our infamous M25 motorway) can confuse Shirley Sat Nav Confused

However, I'm wondering why you use Sat Nav at all on the trip you're describing?!! Rolling Eyes
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #9171 30th Oct 2007 12:04 am
looney_loey

United States 

@nick, I sometimes use the NAV to keep me company kinda remind me that wifey is with me yakiddy yakking! Rolling with laughter

I often use the NAV when there's accident ahead and try to avoid it and use side streets. Kinda new to my place so don't know much of the road yet. Very Happy Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #9678 8th Nov 2007 7:50 am
Nick Jan

yeah

Yeah .. fair enough LL! I must admit I find my Shirley great company if I'm driving home alone, late or tired; not least because she reminds me where I'm going! Razz  Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #9738 9th Nov 2007 1:12 am
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

You realise in a few years time sat navs may well have fully interactive characters/personalities who guide you to your destination and also chat to you about your interests how you are feeling etc.This could cause a few relationship problems as your other half starts talking to you about how sensitive and caring SatNav man/woman is ! Looking forward to the first case of someone running off with their Sat Nav system Shocked Laughing

Post #9748 9th Nov 2007 9:28 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Goldstone69 wrote:
You realise in a few years time sat navs may well have fully interactive characters/personalities who guide you to your destination and also chat to you about your interests how you are feeling etc.This could cause a few relationship problems as your other half starts talking to you about how sensitive and caring SatNav man/woman is ! Looking forward to the first case of someone running off with their Sat Nav system Shocked Laughing

Glad my sat navs female then.

But this does have a problem though, as I am sure my dad tought me "to never get directions from a women" Wink

Post #9751 9th Nov 2007 10:43 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12