« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Sat Nav Route Interogation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Wilbur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red
Sat Nav Route Interogation

I have had my FL2 for two months and although I have used Sat Nav before I am finding this one quite complicated. In the previous Freelander you were able to view the route the Sat Nav was proposing to take in the form of a listing. I know this one has a map displyed and you can get three routes but is there a way of getting a listing of the roads. I have read the instructions ( yes I am male and this is a last resort) but can't see how to do it or is the facility not there.

All help and comments appreciated.

Post #8881 22nd Oct 2007 1:09 pm
Simmo

United Kingdom 

Have to say I have been having problems of this nature myself Sad
I'll have to try interrogating the manual again. I am getting frustrated bacause I can't seem to
ask it to calculate an alternative route, (like I could on Tom Tom) unless it offers to, (TMC an' all that)
It does seem overly complicated, I'm back to using Tom Tom on my PDA at the moment until I
find a way to burn a speed camera database to the DvD, and solve these other probs. Razz -----------------------------------------
TD4 SE Manual, Sold.
I currently own a BMW 530D.WLTB another FL2.

Post #8904 23rd Oct 2007 2:56 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

To recalculate the route, whilst it is giving directions, press route options then the calculate button again, I think Question

If you stuck in traffic and TMC knows about it it will send you off in a different direction automatically, or give you the YES/NO option.

It doesn't say the delay time by keeping on the current route either

The only problem though on the roads it has sent me off on, the traffics worse than what i had just left due to the I'll use this short cut mentality of UK drivers, I know have TMC on but not have it auto re route.

Post #8908 23rd Oct 2007 3:50 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Simmo wrote:
I'll have to try interrogating the manual again. I am getting frustrated bacause I can't seem to
ask it to calculate an alternative route, (like I could on Tom Tom) unless it offers to, (TMC an' all that)
It does seem overly complicated, I'm back to using Tom Tom on my PDA at the moment until I
find a way to burn a speed camera database to the DvD, and solve these other probs. Razz

Hi Simmo
When you find away to load speed camera detection please share it with us Smile David

Post #8911 23rd Oct 2007 5:25 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Npinks I think wilbur as I am also after is a schedule of roads to be used on the route...ie
A5134 for 5.7 miles
A421 for 8.7 miles
M1 for 64 miles
M4 for 1 mile etc etc

The lack of this facility annoys me too the Tom Tom had it which was great. Also the Tom Tom alternative route seemed better as you could state road block: immediately, 100yds, 300yds, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and you got a quick response. the L Rover one seems a bit Government office, slow to respond does not tell the true picture then takes you all round the houses!!!

Post #8917 23rd Oct 2007 6:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

carlfraz wrote:
Npinks I think wilbur as I am also after is a schedule of roads to be used on the route...ie
A5134 for 5.7 miles
A421 for 8.7 miles
M1 for 64 miles
M4 for 1 mile etc etc

The lack of this facility annoys me too the Tom Tom had it which was great. Also the Tom Tom alternative route seemed better as you could state road block: immediately, 100yds, 300yds, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and you got a quick response. the L Rover one seems a bit Government office, slow to respond does not tell the true picture then takes you all round the houses!!!

once you have selected the route (Ie Leeds to Bedford)

Press Start, then

Press Route Options
Press Display Route
Press Turn List

This gives you what you are wanting, but you have to select one of the 3 routes first

It will the give you the option to Aviod Streets aswell

Its Cool been sat in my FL2 and been able to Forum over my wi-fi conection, why have i never thought of it before Question

Last edited by npinks on 24th Oct 2007 9:20 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #8928 23rd Oct 2007 8:37 pm
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Very impressed npinks with the new service you are providing, wi-fi in car helpline can you advise as to your office hours /best time to contact you etc...and do you have an emergency out of hours contact sevice ??
Realise this service is unlikely to remain free of charge where do we send the money Laughing

Post #8937 24th Oct 2007 7:15 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Goldstone69 wrote:
Very impressed npinks with the new service you are providing, wi-fi in car helpline can you advise as to your office hours /best time to contact you etc...and do you have an emergency out of hours contact sevice ??
Realise this service is unlikely to remain free of charge where do we send the money Laughing

All i will need is your bank account details and for you to send me £2000 so I can then have access to my friends money (£20000000000) which is located in The Fraudulant Bank of Bolivia, but he can not access the money with out our help.

If you do this my wi-fi helpline will remain free, but It will come from my LR Day Tent on a beach in Bermuda Very Happy

Post #8940 24th Oct 2007 9:19 am
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

That all sounds perfectly fair and reasonable .... cheques in the post Thumbs Up

Post #8944 24th Oct 2007 10:01 am
Simmo

United Kingdom 

David Lindop wrote:
Simmo wrote:
find a way to burn a speed camera database to the DvD, and solve these other probs. Razz

Hi Simmo
When you find away to load speed camera detection please share it with us Smile

Will do Thumbs Up

It must be possible, I believe someones managed it for the BMW Sat Nav which possibly uses Navteq maps. -----------------------------------------
TD4 SE Manual, Sold.

Post #8947 24th Oct 2007 11:34 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Simmo wrote:
David Lindop wrote:
Simmo wrote:

Hi Simmo
When you find away to load speed camera detection please share it with us Smile

Will do Thumbs Up

It must be possible, I believe someones managed it for the BMW Sat Nav which possibly uses Navteq maps.

Will the DVD system accept a copied DVD RW, or will it be burned onto the orginal DVD?

I wonder if it does as you would not be able to keep updating the Orginal DVD when the new speed camera change, and you wouldn't be able to do it if the DVD has been finalized.

Also it wouldn't beep to say you was approaching a speed camera, and if you are speeding you'll have to keep an eye on the SAT NAV, and not on the road, so you would proberly crash too Thud

I'm looking into a Window mounted GPS/radar detector, but these would not be wise to use if i go over the water to Frogland as they are illegal to use

Post #8948 24th Oct 2007 1:04 pm
Simmo

United Kingdom 

Quote:

Will the DVD system accept a copied DVD RW, or will it be burned onto the orginal DVD?

I wonder if it does as you would not be able to keep updating the Orginal DVD when the new speed camera change, and you wouldn't be able to do it if the DVD has been finalized.

Also it wouldn't beep to say you was approaching a speed camera, and if you are speeding you'll have to keep an eye on the SAT NAV, and not on the road, so you would proberly crash too Thud

I'm looking into a Window mounted GPS/radar detector, but these would not be wise to use if i go over the water to Frogland as they are illegal to use

I think it will accept a copied version, but the original has to be loaded first for some sort of ID I believe.
As far as beeping's concerned this has also been added. I will try to find out some more about this, but
the process looks complicated and I'm not sure if it will work on the LR Sat Nav.
If you would like to have a look, here is the link I found :-

http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk/

Cheers
Paul -----------------------------------------
TD4 SE Manual, Sold.

Post #8949 24th Oct 2007 1:36 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Quote:
It's not possible sorry. There are some ingenious solutions to get POI data on to some navigation CD's which involves re-compiling the data onto a new DVD but Land Rover's system is not one of these. Even where it has been achieved it simply adds the icon, no warning alerts so IMHO rather pointless.

Found this statement on PocketGPSworld, from their editor

Post #8950 24th Oct 2007 1:52 pm
Simmo

United Kingdom 

npinks wrote:
Quote:
It's not possible sorry. There are some ingenious solutions to get POI data on to some navigation CD's which involves re-compiling the data onto a new DVD but Land Rover's system is not one of these. Even where it has been achieved it simply adds the icon, no warning alerts so IMHO rather pointless.

Found this statement on PocketGPSworld, from their editor

Oh Well that's that then B Censored cks !!!!!

Thumbs Up -----------------------------------------
TD4 SE Manual, Sold.

Post #8952 24th Oct 2007 2:16 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

That doesn't mean it's all over.

They could have been refering to the D3, RRS, RR or defender Question Question Question satnav, not the FL2 which I beleive operates on a slightly different system.

Post #8954 24th Oct 2007 3:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>