Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Does LR uses synthetic or regular oil in LR2 ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

One of the biggest problems is that different regions and even different countries offer different variations on product.

You would think that something like coolant would be a relatively simple specification, but we found that what we receive from our supplier Shell here in the Netherlands was not available in many other European countries (Including the UK). Names, packaging and composition of fluids can vary drastically between countries....look at Shell V-Power, the UK has 99 RON, Germany 100 RON and Holland 95 RON, same logo same packaging but with significant differences.

The only reasonably sure way that we can be certain to use the correct fluids is by following the spec detailed by the manufacturer and match the fluid to that...........(But now thinking about that Y-F says that is wrong for the DPF equipped cars Banging Head )

Post #7255 21st Sep 2007 9:38 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Paul wrote:
BTW have you ever compared the price of American cars sold in the USA and in Europe ? I'm sure you'ld be shocked even more... Big Cry

Yes and it is indeed very shocking!! Just to look at car prices here compared to Belgium and Germany is bad enough, but the US is another world. I'm happy to be moving to Dubai where car prices are relatively close to the prices in the US.......a 65k Euro car here is about 32k Euro there!! Shocked

Post #7256 21st Sep 2007 9:42 am
EM

Russia 

LR2/FL2 petrol
Season tyres & oil change. Found 5w30 oil Sad , winter is coming, while manual said 0w30.
Dealer reply - LR recommend to Russia North America oil specs Question

Check LR2 online manual - true - 5w30

Finally I found that important is other parameter A5/B5 in Euro spec or ILSAC specification GF-3 for US
Both are about high temperature viscosity stability (HTHS).

European is measured at 150 deg celsius . First number 0w or 5w in SAE spec which you can read on bottle label define cold viscosity, second - 30 viscosity at 40 and 100 degrees.

A5/B5 parameter is important, because this standard is introduced for low viscosity oil designed engines and SI6 from Volvo is this type of engines.

For high temp environment - defcalion case in summer, do not use 5w40,50,60 or other type of high viscosity oil recommended by BMW and other car makers for high load/high temperature operations.
30 is magic number for which engine is designed, but A5/B5 in oil spec or viscosity stability at high temperature in other words is very important if you do not want to repair your engine.

Of course such oil is marked as syntetic on bottle. Freelander 2 HSE i6 Tonga Green

Post #8464 12th Oct 2007 3:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345