Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Service every 6 mths?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
kogarah

Australia 
Re: Service every 6 mths?

I will go for service every 12 months. Land rover AU suggest that but dealer maybe want to more money....

http://www.landrover.com.au/au/en/ownershi..._Table.htm

Why we need service every 6 months? My friend got same car in Bejing China and they only need service every 12months. They got famous dusty days and -15 to 38 degree.

Post #54296 8th Jan 2010 1:35 pm
egipp

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

The link in kogarah is interesting - if this is the Australian Land Rover site, which it appears to be, it seems to be saying that 12 months is correct and check with your dealer if you are operating under arduous conditions. The handbook clearly states 6 months with possibly extra services if conditions are arduous. If 12 months is the norm it could explain why my service indicator has never operated, since I've had both services carried out at the 12000 kilometres mark, approximately 5 months time intervals. As a matter of interest, both services were carried out by the supplying dealer in Melbourne; $325 for the first and $575 for the second. A free loan car is provided and I have been quite satisfied with the work carried and the general standards. However, I can't really believe that our operating condition are so much worse than the rest of the world as to require twice the servicing levels. Land Rover should be very clear with their customers on what the correct situation is - the warranty question could be in quite a mess if we followed the wrong lead!

Post #54408 9th Jan 2010 3:50 am
reklaw1947

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Alaska White

[quote="egipp"]" As a matter of interest, both services were carried out by the supplying dealer in Melbourne; $325 for the first and $575 for the second. A free loan car is provided and I have been quite satisfied with the work carried and the general standards."

I am yet to have first service; who are you using? City, Malvern or Doncaster?

Rob 2009 TD4 SE, Alaska White, Ebony Leather, Sun Roof.

Post #54409 9th Jan 2010 4:26 am
egipp

Hi Rob, Car supplied and serviced by ULR Malvern. The only drawback is the 650 kilometre round trip from my neck of the woods - I'm jealous that you have three to choose from. However, I find it well worthwhile for the service I have had from them. Hope it goes as well for you.

Post #54536 10th Jan 2010 7:37 am
reklaw1947

Have you tried the dealership in Traralgon? Not quite so far to travel. I bought from Lance Dixon Doncaster and have so before but I'll get a quote on the first service seeing there appears to be some difference in what is charged by different dealers.
thanks
rob 2009 TD4 SE, Alaska White, Ebony Leather, Sun Roof.

Post #54557 10th Jan 2010 11:28 am
egipp

Hi Rob, Sadly the Traralgon dealership blotted its' copy book with me when I called in for top up oil when my i6 was 3 months old. I was informed that the Freelander was only available with a diesel engine and, when I showed them my car, was told that they had never sold a petrol engined one and had never seen one. Not exactly a confidence booster. I will check to see if they have caught up though. Thanks very much for the thought.

Post #54650 10th Jan 2010 11:56 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter excellent At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #54653 11th Jan 2010 12:03 am
reklaw1947

egipp wrote:
Hi Rob, Sadly the Traralgon dealership blotted its' copy book with me when I called in for top up oil when my i6 was 3 months old. I was informed that the Freelander was only available with a diesel engine and, when I showed them my car, was told that they had never sold a petrol engined one and had never seen one. Not exactly a confidence booster. I will check to see if they have caught up though. Thanks very much for the thought.

Oh dear, why am I not surprised! My dealer told me he had never seen a towbar fitted to an FL2 Question but went on to "reassure" me that it would "tow anything" Rolling Eyes
Well I guess that's the price you pay for liking Land Rovers. Very Happy
Rob 2009 TD4 SE, Alaska White, Ebony Leather, Sun Roof.

Post #54661 11th Jan 2010 12:39 am
egipp

Glad that tickled your wishbone CG. I've now spoken to Land Rover Australia Customer Support and have had the following confirmed:
Freelander 2, up to and including year 2009, require 6 monthly, 12000 km, servicing. From model year 2010 vehicles it becomes a 12 month, 24000 km service, with a 6 month 'health' check - whatever that is.
Land Rover couldn't explain what had changed between 2009 and 2010 vehicles to explain the jump from 6 months to 12 months for servicing. Incidentally, this jump seems to apply to all Land Rover - including Defender models which I would assume have the most arduous lives - and Range Rover models. I suspect that this move is more to bring Land Rover into line with their European competitors than reflect any basic design change, which makes me ask why it doesn't apply to all Freelander 2s; it's still a current model with no notified changes to engines and drivetrains.

Post #54662 11th Jan 2010 12:58 am
DiscoAtom

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

When I bought my FL2 in April, it came with a 3 year free service. So far I have clocked up close to 11,000km and I can't recall the 6 month service reminder ever coming up on car. The windscreen sticker says next service at 12k, no mention of dates. Now if I had bought the car without the 3 year free service, I am sure it will be a different story!!

Post #54858 12th Jan 2010 6:01 am
DiscoAtom

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

egipp wrote:
Glad that tickled your wishbone CG. I've now spoken to Land Rover Australia Customer Support and have had the following confirmed:
Freelander 2, up to and including year 2009, require 6 monthly, 12000 km, servicing. From model year 2010 vehicles it becomes a 12 month, 24000 km service, with a 6 month 'health' check - whatever that is.
Land Rover couldn't explain what had changed between 2009 and 2010 vehicles to explain the jump from 6 months to 12 months for servicing. Incidentally, this jump seems to apply to all Land Rover - including Defender models which I would assume have the most arduous lives - and Range Rover models. I suspect that this move is more to bring Land Rover into line with their European competitors than reflect any basic design change, which makes me ask why it doesn't apply to all Freelander 2s; it's still a current model with no notified changes to engines and drivetrains.

I read somewhere that LR now uses a different engine oil on all it's cars, a synthetic oil with a longer service life than the previous one.

Post #54859 12th Jan 2010 6:04 am
egipp

DiscoAtom, you're quite correct about the oil change. I have had confirmation from Land Rover Australia that all Freelander 2 petrol engined cars - I didn't enquire about diesel models - can now move to a 12 month, 24000 kms, service interval PROVIDED the latest oil spec, Castol SLX Professional Fuel Saver, is used. They also recommend a 6 monthly 'health check', which seems sensible.
A drawback is that the oil is only available in 20 litre packs and therefore unlikely to be got at normal BP servos or places such as 'Autobarn". It can be got through Reliance Petroleum depots, and my dealership are quite happy for me to supply this oil to them and move onto the 24000 kms service schedule. I'm now trying to find out what the 'health check' covers - perhaps somebody a with model year 2010 vehicle has this in their service book?

Post #57762 2nd Feb 2010 1:36 am
egipp

Quick follow up to previous post - the 20 litre pack of SLX Professional Fuel Saver is ....... $345. However, since it does 24000 kms as opposed to the 12000 kms of the 'standard' oil, it does work out to be cheaper overall. I was told by the supplier that the oil for BMW, who have gone down the same path as Land Rover, is even dearer.

Post #57763 2nd Feb 2010 1:58 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Very late into this thread, but over here it is every 6 months due to the heat and the dust and it is not just a dealer made up thing because they cover the servicing for 3 years, so it wouldn't be in their best interest to mkae the intervals shorter. Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #57841 2nd Feb 2010 5:55 pm
dingohoo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Caspian Blue
48K service C

Hello Guys, Very Happy

Does anybody know what is the price for 48K service (service C) and what is included.
I don't mean the dealer price as it has nothing to do with relaity -oh well, usually it doubles of any other reasanoble place anyway.

Twisted Evil Cheers,
D

Post #67589 1st May 2010 3:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>