Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > heater/air con fan noisy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

ppphhh I'm married and about to be a father I will never be free again. I blame the millennium I was young free and single until then Neutral At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #21230 29th May 2008 8:35 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Hey DT what did the dealer say about your noisy fan???

Post #21962 10th Jun 2008 8:00 am
stevebrealey

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
Mine too!

My FL2 is going into the dealers in Inverness on Wed next week for its second service and have reported the problem with the fan that others seem to be having. It does seem that when you spray the windscreen the system does go into re-circ for a few seconds like a VW. I tried manually selecting the re-circ mode and the noise does seem to increase. I assume that the re-circ mode opens a flap near the fan unit that allows you to get closer to that irritating noise! Will report how I get on.

This will be the 3rd time that a delaer has looked at this noise (Elgin dealers keep telling me that there is nothing wrong with it!).

Post #45998 31st Jul 2009 3:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Wow! I thought I was just hearing things!

Yep, my fan is a little noisy at times, particularly on 1 or 2 setting (or auto equivalent). I also notice it comes on when I hadn't heard it before when I put the washers on.. going to mention it to the dealer next week when she goes in for her 1st birthday service. 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #46013 31st Jul 2009 11:03 pm
stevebrealey

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I've finally managed to get rid of this annoying noise! MacRae and Dick Landrover in Inverness have just replaced the fan unit under warranty and all is now good. This appears to be a fairly tricky (dashboard out) job for the dealer, which is why the other dealers were avoiding it. For all the others suffering the same problem, I suggest that you get the service manager to listen to the noise with the fan set on 2 or 3 and the re-circ on, as this is when the fan is at its noisiest.

Post #46514 14th Aug 2009 3:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hon3009

United Kingdom 
new fan unit

i had the same fan noise and guy salmon wakefield fitted a new fan unit for me last tuesday, they said it was a 3/4 hour job as the dash had to come out, turned out they can get to the fan from under the dash on the passenger side so had car back 2hrs later. Smile

shame they couldn't stop the rattle from the passenger door!!!!! Big Cry

Post #46530 14th Aug 2009 9:51 pm
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Sorry, realised I never provided an update to my noisy fan problem - maybe because, as generally predicted the dealer said they could find nothing wrong. Almost two years on and now I have three problems:
- the fan noise is noisier than ever, and adjusting the fan speed makes little or no effect;
- it is much less intermittent (which on the good side means that I've a much better chance of getting the dealer to hear it)
- I seem to have a new problem which is that the auto recirculation function seems to have become less effective - we quite often now get a strong smell of fumes from the vehicle in front which never happened in the first 18 months' of ownership - anyone else found the auto recirculation function to have deteriorated over time?

DT

Post #57657 31st Jan 2010 10:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12