« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > wear on B Pillar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
oakwood

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

What's the B pillar?

When I look at mine seat belt, I can't see anywhere it could rub.

Post #45089 13th Jul 2009 9:56 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

just behind your ear. not now silly! when you are sat in your car Laughing At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #45090 13th Jul 2009 10:29 pm
christian138

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

AndyT wrote:
There is a problem with lots of parts suppliers not surviving the credit crunch and leaving manufacturers without supply. Landrover probably don't mould their own plastics and don't make their own seatbelts. If any such supplier goes under they have to quickly source alternatives which can cause delays for owners. This may or may not be the case with this particular issue, but in either respect, it's not Landrover or the dealer being unhelpful, it's just 'one of those things'. When it's an essential part you're waiting for then this is obviously very frustrating but if it's cosmetic or non-critical then I think you just have to be patient.

if that were the case surely the production line would grind to a halt? 

Post #45103 14th Jul 2009 8:45 am
chicken george

I agree, if parts are being produced and supplied to the production line, then some of these parts should find there way to the dealers too At work
At home

Post #45104 14th Jul 2009 8:48 am
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Er... the production lines have been running at reduced capacity and even stopped for some periods over recent months. Clearly, existing stocks of parts would last longer and would be prioritised for production rather than spares/repairs supply. When a supplier disappears, obviously they will seek alternatives with haste but you can guarantee that in the meantime an owner will not get a part that could be fitted to a production vehicle. That said, I have heard that parts have on occasion been taken from dealer stock vehicles to fit to cars of irate owners!

Post #45111 14th Jul 2009 9:57 am
Cerdo

United Arab Emirates 

Called the Stealer today about a lack of call back following a clunk in the steering column which they said a LR tech would need to look at. This was a month ago. at the time, she was in for replacing part of the rear door handle. They forgot to order this part. I also mentioned the B Pillar today. They said they weren't aware of a problem, but I would get a call back. No call back thus far. Tomorrow, i feel an arguement coming on. Now armed with the PDF's recall numbers and this forums URL, I shall conquer. Shame Stealers can be such sillies! Indus Silver
GS TD4
Private Parts

Post #49768 4th Nov 2009 12:00 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

christian138 wrote:
AndyT wrote:
There is a problem with lots of parts suppliers not surviving the credit crunch and leaving manufacturers without supply. Landrover probably don't mould their own plastics and don't make their own seatbelts. If any such supplier goes under they have to quickly source alternatives which can cause delays for owners. This may or may not be the case with this particular issue, but in either respect, it's not Landrover or the dealer being unhelpful, it's just 'one of those things'. When it's an essential part you're waiting for then this is obviously very frustrating but if it's cosmetic or non-critical then I think you just have to be patient.

if that were the case surely the production line would grind to a halt?

On the above comment

that exactly whats happened in the D4, RRS & FFRR when people wanted the surround camera system, the company making them has gone tits up, and now LR are saying to people with accepted orders they can't fullfill them, unless you want to remove the cameras or wait till the sourse new stock Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49773 4th Nov 2009 10:56 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Models: Freelander 2 VIN- range: H000201-H009353
Looks like the VIN range is dodgy if NP has had to have it done (2010 model year car). Ours is a March 2008 Vin H09**** no marks at all.... but we got it in July this year so maybe the stealer replaced the parts before we took delivery. Shocked

Post #49775 4th Nov 2009 12:52 pm
chicken george

Pinky did his on his grey thunder origonal not the new one.

as a side note I saw a white fiat today with the reg no PER51L , made me chuckle anyway At work
At home

Post #49776 4th Nov 2009 1:29 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

It was as CG rightly puts, the grey one that had the update, but i think they only did the trim and did not replace the belts

not noticed if this one is suffering, but then i haven't looked Smile Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #49778 4th Nov 2009 1:53 pm
Cerdo

United Arab Emirates 

Stealer phoned me today. They now realise that there has been an issue with seatbelts, but need to find out which I have. Also need the car in to take photo's of the steering rack to get authorisation for repair from LR. I pointed out that they had told me that they were awaiting this, but now it seems I'm going to lose the car for 2 days, then more time when they get the authorisation. Also mentioned that had I not phoned, then I would stioll be waiting and driving around with a potentially dangerous steering rack.
All very frustrating, and next F Censored Up by them I will be filling in dealer feedback! Indus Silver
GS TD4
Private Parts

Post #49797 4th Nov 2009 7:41 pm
Cerdo

United Arab Emirates 

chicken george wrote:
Pinky did his on his grey thunder origonal not the new one.

as a side note I saw a white fiat today with the reg no PER51L , made me chuckle anyway

I saw a blue Mondeo yesterday, with reg K155 UTD. He had some horendous M Censored chester United stickers in the rear too! Indus Silver
GS TD4
Private Parts

Post #49799 4th Nov 2009 7:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234