Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > wear on B Pillar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Rowy

My GS was registered OCT 07 done 24k, absoluteley no wear!

Rowy

Post #30396 3rd Nov 2008 9:05 pm
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Can I just clarify what type of 'wear' people are experiencing. I have cuts/slots in the pillar plastic on both sides, they're 2-5mm deep. There appears to be no noticeable wear on the belt itself, but I guess it's a matter of time before the cutting edge begins to fray and look tatty.
I would like this sorting but there's little point if it just starts all over again, as some have suggested it does.
I thought about getting some little stainless steel trims folded that could clip in and act as runners/guards??

Post #38253 7th Mar 2009 10:47 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

there is a TSB out that says replace the trim and belts if a customer complains about it

My dealer just replaced the trim, and i will be taking the TSB in before it runs out of warranty to get them replaced as they should have been Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #38255 7th Mar 2009 10:50 am
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
there is a TSB out that says replace the trim and belts if a customer complains about it

Technical Service
Bulletin
No.LTB00129

Subject/Concern: B-Pillar Trim Panel Wear
Models: Freelander 2 VIN- range: H000201-H009353
Summary:
Excessive wear on the B-Pillar interior trim panel.
Cause: The safety belt contacts the B-Pillar trim during normal use causing wear.
Suggested Customer Concern Code - T53.
Action: Should a customer express concern, follow the Service Instruction outlined
below.

Service Instruction
Inspect the front safety belt part number (located on the label attached to the webbing at
seat anchor point).

NAS vehicles: RH side front safety belt - 6G9N-61294-DHW
ROW vehicles: RH side front safety belt - 6G9N-61294-BGW
All vehicles: LH side front safety belt – 6G9N-61295-CGW

Replace both front safety belts and upper B-Pillar trim panels if they are earlier than the
part numbers above.
If the safety belts are the same or later than the part numbers above,
only replace the B-Pillar trim panels.
©2008 LandRover
1 . Install new front safety belts and upper B-Pillar trim panels (see Global Technical
Reference GTR Workshop Manual, section 501-20A).
2 . Install new upper B-Pillar trim panels (see Global Technical Reference GTR Workshop
Manual, section 501-05). LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #38267 7th Mar 2009 3:57 pm
Magic Man

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Picked up our new FL2 today and the first thing that struck me was how the belt rubbed over the trim on the pillar - thought I remember reading about it here.

Anyone though of using some c/u edge trim like they use in PC case mods - http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2408.html - to line the edge of the trim? That would probably grip a little too much being rubber, how about some thin silicon tubing like they sell for fish tank air pumps, split it down the length and cut it to the required length then press it around the trim hole edge...? FL2 TD4 XS manual, XS style pack, Martinique Blue

Post #38313 8th Mar 2009 12:08 am
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

yamaha-fan wrote:
I am following this thread now from day one, and I am monitoring my B-pillar with regard to any wear -but I do not find any. My Freely 2 is now 14 months old and I can not find any wear anywhere - particularely not on the B-pillar. Do I look at the wrong place? Or are the Freely's for the German market are of better quality? I am simply confused, as this issue is not known in Germany at all. Alternatively, what are you British fellows doing with your seat belt that B-pillar wear is so evident?

YF

Yamaha-fan did you continue useing slicone on the B pillar to prevent wear on the seat belt?

http://www.freel2.com/forum/post7159.html#7159

waaxh03 Question

Post #38433 9th Mar 2009 8:26 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Yes, I regularely (about once a month) spray a little silicone at both b-pillars where the seat-belt moves, and I have no wear whatsoever. Maybe it is a question of drivers (body) size, and the related hight-adjustment of the seat belt. My seat belt outlet is set to the highest position, and - as I said - I cannot find any wear at all after nearly 2 years.

YF

Post #38465 10th Mar 2009 10:26 am
Magic Man

What about PTFE adhesive tape...? FL2 TD4 XS manual, XS style pack, Martinique Blue

Post #38472 10th Mar 2009 1:42 pm
AndyT

Had mine replaced last week. Both sides, belts and trim. When I picked it up, I looked at the the new trims and the driver's side was already indented with wear!! I was under the impression that there were redesigned parts available that solved the problem of contact between belt and trim, but it's plain to see that mine are in definite contact under normal use. I have my seat quite far back. If I was shorter it would be far worse since I'd be pulling the belt at a more acute angle.
How are some of us not getting any wear at all? Has anyone had the replacement and is now cured of wear?
I'm not too happy right now since this means another trip to the dealers, especially since I've now got a new rattle in the cabin after the refit....

Post #42131 19th May 2009 12:12 pm
Magic Man

In the habit of lifting the belt out over the plastic now - no wear on either fronts so far (have noticed a small amount on the left back - my son isn't as fussy as me...) FL2 TD4 XS manual, XS style pack, Martinique Blue

Post #42163 19th May 2009 10:20 pm
Dougden

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Sorry to drag this up again, but I have noticed a small amount of wear on my seat belt B pillar. Has anyone had worse than this and do you think it is worthy of replacement at my next service? (45k)

Click image to enlarge
 FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #45047 12th Jul 2009 9:37 pm
AndyT

Mine were looked at again at the dealer. This time, they pretty much replaced the whole thing - trims and belts. Now, there is only slight contact between the belt and trim, probably not enough to cause noticeable wear. Before this all started I had 2 deep cuts on the driver's side, so yes, mine looked worse than your photo. You are entitled to have them changed according to the LR TSB but make sure they use the new design of parts otherwise the wear will just start again.

Post #45048 12th Jul 2009 9:45 pm
andrewilk

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

How long have people had to wait for replacement parts? I have been waiting for over a month from when the dealer agreed to replace the trims and belts.

Post #45056 13th Jul 2009 10:19 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

thats definitely worthy of changing. breaks some heads if they quibble Shocked At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Last edited by chicken george on 13th Jul 2009 12:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #45057 13th Jul 2009 10:28 am
AndyT

There is a problem with lots of parts suppliers not surviving the credit crunch and leaving manufacturers without supply. Landrover probably don't mould their own plastics and don't make their own seatbelts. If any such supplier goes under they have to quickly source alternatives which can cause delays for owners. This may or may not be the case with this particular issue, but in either respect, it's not Landrover or the dealer being unhelpful, it's just 'one of those things'. When it's an essential part you're waiting for then this is obviously very frustrating but if it's cosmetic or non-critical then I think you just have to be patient.

Post #45060 13th Jul 2009 11:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>