Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Alarm setting...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I recommend you all read page 44 of the Owners Handbook, where arming the alarm is clearly explained.

However, in a nutshell:
One press on the remote partially sets the alarm, allowing you to leave a window open and the mother-in-law in the car while travelling on a ferry for example. Laughing
Two presses of the remote activates the full alarm. Thumbs Up

All the light flashing which some seem concerned about, is mealy conformation as to which alarm setting you have chosen. The flashes explained on page 44 confirms with my earlier post. If yours dont, you gotta problem Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #39160 21st Mar 2009 9:35 pm
Magic Man

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Yep, as you'll see in my posts, I know what the manual says and how things are meant to work...

The point of my post was that I don't get the two flashes and was questioning if the two flashes are merely the the first and second single flash or a distinct two flash after the initial single flash... Thumbs Up FL2 TD4 XS manual, XS style pack, Martinique Blue

Post #39174 22nd Mar 2009 11:16 am
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

mine flashes once for 1st press and once more for the 2nd press making a total of 2 flashes in all 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #39175 22nd Mar 2009 12:44 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Magic Man wrote:
Yep, as you'll see in my posts, I know what the manual says and how things are meant to work...

The point of my post was that I don't get the two flashes and was questioning if the two flashes are merely the the first and second single flash or a distinct two flash after the initial single flash... Thumbs Up

and
My query is that the manual says that on two presses you'll get two flashes of the indicators to inform you that it has been double locked. When I press the lock button a second time within three seconds of a first press I just get another single flash. I'm wondering if the two flashes they refer to are both single flashes together or an additional double flash after the initial single flash...

To answer the above question - They are single flashes: If you press the key fob button once, you will get one flash of the indicators, and the red light on the dashboard will flash (blink-blink-pause-blink-blink-pause-blink-blink etc) for about 20 seconds.
If you press the key fob button twice in quick succession (to double lock the vehicle) you will get two flashes in quick sussesion of the indicators, and the red light on the dashboard will flash (blink-blink-blink-pause-blink-blink-blink-pause-blink-blink-blink etc) for about 20 seconds.
If you do not press the key fob button quick enough, you will not double lock, but the indicators will flash twice (once for each press), but the type of dashboard flash will indicate if you have double or single only locked.

Its the dashboard flashing which is important here and indicates what you have done  2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #39192 22nd Mar 2009 6:39 pm
GrinningLander

England 

We have a new family member:
So we have been trying to unravel the volumetric sensor issue.
I have left the drivers window down and tried one press or two presses.

No matter how many presses that I use, or how long I wait, I cannot activate the alarm by leaning in through the open window. I think that the alarm may be faulty ?

Post #47197 4th Sep 2009 4:09 pm
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Remember to leave it for 30s or so before you try it with the volumetrics on. Mind you it might not set properly if it detects that the windows are open.. not sure..

Try locking it up and then smash a window Laughing 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #47200 4th Sep 2009 4:49 pm
GrinningLander

England 

I have waited ages and the movement sensors don't work. I have closed the windows and it won't work. I have sat in the back seat, thinking that the seat sensors stop activation... and it wont work. When I have time, I must visit the dealers, but that have all folded near me and I have a very long drive for a trivial problem

I hate wasting time with things like this Big Cry

Post #47205 4th Sep 2009 5:25 pm
landieguy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Stornoway Grey

Interesting read - but I wouldn't get too hung up about it without first checking whether the Handbook is correct re the number of indicator flashes you are supposed to get. I only get one on second push of fob button within 3secs.
Remembering issues with my old Freelander 1 and its satnav. Handbook stated to push TP and station memory button 1 or 3 together to reset unit. Never did work - then found answer on Google which read "TP and station butons 1 and 3 together". Worked a treat - so handbook despite being at the end of the Freelander 1 production run as still incorrect with no revsions addendum. So handbooks CAN be incorrect or its explanations of certain workings better presented.

Post #47218 4th Sep 2009 8:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12