« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Alarm setting...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Magic Man

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue
Alarm setting...

Reading the manual it says that to set the full volumetric alarm and double locking you press the lock button on the remote a second time within three seconds.

That doesn't seem to do anything different for us, is it meant to flash the indicators twice rather than once then?, i.e. flash once on the first press but then twice more on the second press? We get a single flash with each press of the button - or is that what it means by flashing twice?

Did notice that when I pressed and held the lock button for about three seconds then I got the normal single flash of the indicators but the alarm light on the dash now flashed twice a second rather than once a second.

Can also keep pressing the alarm button after locking with a single flash each time - if it has been double locked does it then fall back to single locking or is the flashing just an acknowledgement that the alarm is active? I.e. If it was double locked and you wanted to revert to single locking you'd have to unlock it first before locking it again? FL2 TD4 XS manual, XS style pack, Martinique Blue

Post #38697 13th Mar 2009 1:43 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

dont ask much do you Rolling Eyes Laughing I have pondered these points too and short of getting Mrs G to sit in the car while I unlock/lock it I'm not sure how to help. why doesnt the alarm just function with one press? there is never a time when I decide I'm parking in a nice areas so will lock it but not alarm it.

audi vw have a little button to press as you leave the car If you are leaving a dog/elderly relative in the car so dont need to alarm At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #38710 13th Mar 2009 9:27 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

the alarm can be set off by leaving your sunroof open too,

I have no problem with the single or double press alarm

Strange all the other LR range is the other way round one on, two off Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #38714 13th Mar 2009 10:36 am
Lukey Luke

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I think when you double lock the car the alarm will sound if a tow truck tries to lift your car up or if you have it parked on a boat travailing to France the alarm will sound if the car detects little movement.

So I guess that if the kids across the road like to use your car as a goal and the goal keeper is rubbish, then you only lock the car once so that it does not go off every time the ball hits it. However, on single lock if they put the window through Evil or Very Mad it will sound. HSE, Auto, Colour - Yes

Post #38717 13th Mar 2009 11:13 am
jimmy

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

........I think the "2nd press" on the keyfob deadlocks the doors. Meaning, anyone inside cannot get out of the car without the keyfob.

So - very good to help prevent the theft of the FL2 - but be careful if you have passengers inside.

Post #38727 13th Mar 2009 1:28 pm
Magic Man

Yep, I understand the differences and have no issue with them or when to use them etc.: one press locks the doors from the outside and enables the courtesy switches alarm, i.e. open a door and the alarm goes off but you can still unlock it from the inside. Two presses additionally double locks the car (so that you can't open it from the inside) and also enables the volumetic (i.e. ultrasonic) emmitters/detectors so that any movement within the car will also set the alarm off.

My query is that the manual says that on two presses you'll get two flashes of the indicators to inform you that it has been double locked. When I press the lock button a second time within three seconds of a first press I just get another single flash. I'm wondering if the two flashes they refer to are both single flashes together or an additional double flash after the initial single flash... Very Happy

And... as said, when I pressed and held the lock button the internal alarm indicator then flashes twice every second rather than once. The hold the lock button closes any windows and alarms the car - I'm assuming double locks and full alarm set sooooooooo....... I'm wondering if the action has changed from a double press to enable the full alarm to a long press instead..... Thumbs Up FL2 TD4 XS manual, XS style pack, Martinique Blue

Post #38732 13th Mar 2009 2:01 pm
dick

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Baltic Blue
Re: Alarm setting...

Magic Man wrote:
Did notice that when I pressed and held the lock button for about three seconds then I got the normal single flash of the indicators but the alarm light on the dash now flashed twice a second rather than once a second.

On mine the red light on the dash flashes twice if the car is 'single' locked, and three times if double. I always watch for the three flashes before leaving the car, just to make sure I haven't forgotten to lock it at all. Double-locking is with two separate presses of the button, within three seconds. On the second press I hear another clunk from the doors and the indicators flash again, but I can't remember if it's just a single or a double flash.

After a while, the red light starts just flashing once every few seconds. I presume this is to not advertise that the volumetric alarm is not enabled.

- Dick

Post #38736 13th Mar 2009 2:08 pm
Magic Man

Cheers, will have to check it out a bit more... FL2 TD4 XS manual, XS style pack, Martinique Blue

Post #38737 13th Mar 2009 2:13 pm
chicken george

well done Thumbs Up I never took the time to check such details I will check if mine is the same At work
At home

Post #38744 13th Mar 2009 4:13 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

As it takes farmers longer to check things out than normal people - I just did.

Good observation Dick, mine does the same - with single locking, the indicators flash once, double locking they flash twice. The red indicator on the dashboard flashes three times in quick successsion for about 20 seconds then reverts to single flashing when double locking. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #38771 13th Mar 2009 8:27 pm
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Something that I'm unsure about is - when I eject the keyfob, the red LED under the rev counter starts flashing immediately, before I even get out? Does everyone's do that? Also, there's a 2nd LED next to it which never lights up. What's that for?

Post #38785 14th Mar 2009 1:10 pm
Magic Man

I assumed the flashing straight away is to signify the immobilser active. Wondered myself about the second LED as well...?

Still can't get the double flash though... FL2 TD4 XS manual, XS style pack, Martinique Blue

Post #38832 14th Mar 2009 10:35 pm
MudBug

Ireland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Seems different on mine... The Dealer told me:

One press = two flashes of indicators and alarm is set and, I'm advised, so too is the volumetric sensor. Mirrors fold.

Second press' (within three seconds) = no more flashes just a loud click (deadbolts?) and no volumetric sensor - so you can leave the dog in the car.

Have not had reason to doubt these settings, so far.

Of course, never leave your dog in the car. Leave your Mother-in-Law in the car, not the dog.

Post #39123 20th Mar 2009 9:11 pm
Rowy

The second LED on the dash is to tell you the alarm has been set off In your absence and needs resetting.

Post #39130 20th Mar 2009 10:42 pm
chicken george

MudBug wrote:
Seems different on mine... The Dealer told me:

One press = two flashes of indicators and alarm is set and, I'm advised, so too is the volumetric sensor. Mirrors fold.

Second press' (within three seconds) = no more flashes just a loud click (deadbolts?) and no volumetric sensor - so you can leave the dog in the car.

Have not had reason to doubt these settings, so far.

Of course, never leave your dog in the car. Leave your Mother-in-Law in the car, not the dog.

That dont make sense, surely second click would deadlock and alarm the car. This is possibly the most stupid part of the car why cant one press simply deadlock and alarm the car Evil or Very Mad At work
At home

Post #39138 21st Mar 2009 9:27 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>