« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Compatible mobiles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
ASH57 W

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
in Reply to ColoradoLR2 - Phone Handsfree will not work

This is very annoying and I get the same issue with my XDA, the work around is a bit long winded, however this is how I get it to work, Wink

1. Allow phone to sync
2. Call answer machine (could be any number) from car
3. Select private from the car phone menu
3. Then select handsfree from the cars menu.
4. Drop call to answer machine.
5. The car phone interface will now allow handsfree operation for every call untill the ignition is switched off.

Not sure why this happens I suspect it is due to the phone not setting the handsfree status correctly when syncing

Post #4520 12th Jul 2007 9:18 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

It's really frustrating that phones from the same manufacturer (HTC), with the same OS (Windows Mobile) and the same Bluetooth stack (I think) all seem to work (or not work) differently with the FL2!

I was hoping that Windows Mobile 6 was going to be the answer to everything, but since flash upgrading to WM6 on my T-Mobile MDA Compact III (HTC Artemis) I can't connect at all, whereas with WM5 it was just a matter of trying 3 or 4 times.

Post #4524 12th Jul 2007 10:30 am
looney_loey

United States 

efthys wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy IT WORKS MY I-MATE JAMin WORKS FINE Except Voice command Big Cry but IT WORKS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up THANK YOU !!!

sweet! nice! Wink
call a friend tell her to pretend to be charlize theron or scarlett johannson, crank up the volume and let the whole neighborhood hear your talking to either one of the above Rolling with laughter

about the voice command hmmm??? let me try doing that tomorrow (I don't want to go down the garage and test it, im feeling sleepy now hehehe) Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4525 12th Jul 2007 10:31 am
looney_loey

United States 
Re: in Reply to ColoradoLR2 - Phone Handsfree will not work

ASH57 W wrote:
This is very annoying and I get the same issue with my XDA, the work around is a bit long winded, however this is how I get it to work, Wink

1. Allow phone to sync
2. Call answer machine (could be any number) from car
3. Select private from the car phone menu
3. Then select handsfree from the cars menu.
4. Drop call to answer machine.
5. The car phone interface will now allow handsfree operation for every call untill the ignition is switched off.

Not sure why this happens I suspect it is due to the phone not setting the handsfree status correctly when syncing

did a check box appeared during pairing? something like this? : [ ] Hands Free

tomorrow i'll try to pair my friends's O2 Atom XDA and let me see if it's a different case. Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4526 12th Jul 2007 10:39 am
NightFox

looney_loey wrote:

sweet! nice! Wink
call a friend tell her to pretend to be charlize theron or scarlett johannson, crank up the volume and let the whole neighborhood hear your talking to either one of the above Rolling with laughter

You find a way of getting all WM devices to integrate properly with the FL2 and I will personally get the real Scarlett Johannson to call you, send you a Christmas card and visit you on your birthday.

Post #4527 12th Jul 2007 10:43 am
looney_loey

United States 

NightFox wrote:
It's really frustrating that phones from the same manufacturer (HTC), with the same OS (Windows Mobile) and the same Bluetooth stack (I think) all seem to work (or not work) differently with the FL2!

I was hoping that Windows Mobile 6 was going to be the answer to everything, but since flash upgrading to WM6 on my T-Mobile MDA Compact III (HTC Artemis) I can't connect at all, whereas with WM5 it was just a matter of trying 3 or 4 times.

Confused hmmm... correct me if im wrong dude but i think and i want to believe that OS has nothing to do with pairing two bluetooth devices... a symbian OS Palm easily detects a Windows Mobile OS device in my experience.

let me do a research on this and i'll get back to you...keep your fingers cross mate Rolling Eyes Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4528 12th Jul 2007 10:46 am
looney_loey

United States 

NightFox wrote:
looney_loey wrote:

sweet! nice! Wink

You find a way of getting all WM devices to integrate properly with the FL2 and I will personally get the real Scarlett Johannson to call you, send you a Christmas card and visit you on your birthday.

Shocked OH MY GAS!!!

as i said keep your fingers cross mate! Mr. Green Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4530 12th Jul 2007 10:50 am
NightFox

looney_loey wrote:

Confused hmmm... correct me if im wrong dude but i think and i want to believe that OS has nothing to do with pairing two bluetooth devices... a symbian OS Palm easily detects a Windows Mobile OS device in my experience.

let me do a research on this and i'll get back to you...keep your fingers cross mate Rolling Eyes

The OS/platform itself shouldn’t make a difference, but it includes the Bluetooth stack which will be specific to the Bluetooth device and the OS, and this is where incompatibilities creep in. Whilst I would expect any BT device to be able to do a simple pairing with another, irrespective of OS, once you start looking at additional functionality/profiles like hands-free kits, Bluetooth headphones, GPS receivers etc then this is where the “standard” doesn’t always work. Though as someone observed before, if Parrot can produce hands-free kits which work with just about anything, then I can’t see a reason why LR/Motorola/Continental couldn’t.

It would be interesting to know if the FL2 phone software is flash upgradeable, but then it still comes down to: (a) Would Continental ever develop it for better compatibility and (b) would LR offer the upgrade.

Post #4532 12th Jul 2007 11:04 am
colpe

Sweden 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

I agree, my Nokia N80 doesn't work but my wifes Nokia 7370 works perfectly. All my old Nokia phones works but not my new! Strange...

/Colpe
Sweden

Post #4541 12th Jul 2007 4:25 pm
ColoradoLR2

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Narvik Black

looney_loey wrote:
ColoradoLR2 wrote:
I tried this procedure and it worked the first time it paired, as has been my experience with previous attempts. However, when I switched the bluetooth connection to another phone and then back to my Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard WM 5.0) it does what it has done the other times I've tried, it appears to make a connection but then won't switch to handsfree when I dial on the handset or attempt a call when I dial using the phone key pad. Frustrating Banging Head

Quote:
8. a box with a Hand Free will appear on your PDA

dude i think you just miss to tick/put a check on the box.
try doing it again and let me know if it works Very Happy

I did check the box, unfortunately Big Cry

I may try it again when I've got some time to kill. It's not a huge deal as it's my wife's car and her Motorola Razr works perfectly. The killer is that I have MS Voice Command on my Wizard and for the brief period that the phone is playing nice with the car, Voice Command works great. You hold the green Talk button on the steering wheel for 2 seconds, the voice prompt comes over the stereo, you say "Call Scarlett Johannson, Cell" and away it goes. It's soooo slick, totally hands free and it works, but only for that first time before the phone goes in to sleep mode. Sigh.... Greg East
Loveland, Colorado
USA
'08 LR2 Hers
'93 740i Mine
'87 944 turbo Mistress

Post #4551 13th Jul 2007 5:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
looney_loey

United States 

NightFox wrote:
...additional functionality/profiles like hands-free kits, Bluetooth headphones, GPS receivers etc then this is where the “standard” doesn’t always work.

was able to talk to my friend who's into XDA development and sadly he said "there is really a big hole into making a simple program to work with different brand and OS of P/M/XDA/Cellphones" ...nevertheless he was challenge (as always Very Happy) and will make additional research on these...

still keep your fingers cross mate... game is not yet over!!![/code] Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4606 13th Jul 2007 10:35 pm
looney_loey

United States 

colpe wrote:
I agree, my Nokia N80 doesn't work but my wifes Nokia 7370 works perfectly. All my old Nokia phones works but not my new! Strange...

/Colpe
Sweden

New phones are very much complicated nowadays Laughing

I think this is one of the reason why LR Engineers tested some "SIMPLE" phones Laughing and came up with the list of compatible cell.

My HTC Wizard was not on the list and i almost felt bad about it...
but then suddenly it works PERFECT!!! Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4607 13th Jul 2007 10:43 pm
looney_loey

United States 

ColoradoLR2 wrote:
"Call Scarlett Johannson, Cell"

strange, i tried this too, and it won't wont, then i tried "CALL MY WIFE's CELL" whala!!! works perfect!!! Rolling with laughter

try to turn-off your screensaver/sleep mode option maybe it'll work fine.

oh try calling your wife too maybe it'll work! Laughing Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4608 13th Jul 2007 10:50 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I know this probably doesn't help, but won't this be down to the firmware/drivers for the bluetooth rather than the OS.

I thought that you could flash the firmware of bluetooth receivers in WM devices, and it must be easy to find newer/different drivers, although it could be a long waste of time, changing and trying different combinations that don't work, with no promise of any working.

I've got fun on Wednesday when I collect my car as I've got to try my blackberry pearl, and see if this will work, otherwise I'll have to get a parrot kit fitted, for work, which I really don't want to do.

Rich

Post #4610 13th Jul 2007 11:18 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Has anyone got an emailed enabled phone (either BB or Exchange) to connect to the car? I really need one with a qwerty keyboard, as I've never got on with styluses.

Thanks for you help

Rich

Post #4750 19th Jul 2007 10:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>