« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Compatible mobiles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

rmbillington wrote:
Has anyone got an emailed enabled phone (either BB or Exchange) to connect to the car? I really need one with a qwerty keyboard, as I've never got on with styluses.

Thanks for you help

Rich

Have you looked at the list on the landrover FL2 website

http://www.landrover.co.uk/assets/gb/en/Ve...edures.pdf

Post #4751 20th Jul 2007 12:28 am
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Yep, but none of them are email phones apart from the Nokia communicator, which I didn't get on with at all when I tried it in the past, and I'm not sure you can get that model, only its replacement

Rich

Post #4758 20th Jul 2007 10:44 am
dmck

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand
QWERTY keyboard phones

I have been able to you use my HP IPAQ 6515c with my FL2. This PDA/Phone has a QWERTY keyboard and can sync with outlook of e-mails etc. It didn't work initially but now it connects via bluetooth every time. It will not download the Ipaq's phone book but can make and receive calls only.

Post #4786 20th Jul 2007 9:45 pm
looney_loey

United States 

rmbillington wrote:
Has anyone got an emailed enabled phone (either BB or Exchange) to connect to the car? I really need one with a qwerty keyboard, as I've never got on with styluses.

Thanks for you help

Rich

All if not most HTC brand PDA/MDA have sliding qwerty keyboard.. the only brand i knew so far that doesnt have a keyboard was the Atom O2's

Very Happy Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4810 22nd Jul 2007 5:00 am
looney_loey

United States 

ei Nightfox Mate! any news on your WM device working with our LR2?

I still can't find someone here using WM6 so I cant test it yet..

my cousin has one but he lives in Vegas...

If I will be in the mood next week to travel I'll probably pay him a visit and surprise him with out LR2 Wink

as always keep your fingers cross mate! Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4811 22nd Jul 2007 5:08 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

looney_loey wrote:
ei Nightfox Mate! any news on your WM device working with our LR2?

I still can't find someone here using WM6 so I cant test it yet..

my cousin has one but he lives in Vegas...

If I will be in the mood next week to travel I'll probably pay him a visit and surprise him with out LR2 Wink

as always keep your fingers cross mate!

No luck with WM6 on my MDA Compact III (HTC Artemis) - with WM5 I can get the occassional connection, but with WM6 it always fails to pair as soon as you enter the PIN. The WM6 ROM I have upgraded with is not an official release one, so when/if T-Mobile bring out a proper one I guess there's a chance it will have an updated bluetooth stack, so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed till then. And hope I get my car replaced too!

Post #5239 7th Aug 2007 8:50 pm
Tups74

United Kingdom 

I had a right nightmerwe with my SE K800i locking out the PTI system, changed the firmware on the phone as the LR list - still no joy. The car went in for "an upgrade" and two days later LR Tech said that the Vodaphone customised software on my K800i is the problem. Interesting enough my wife's car (Citroen C3) also has the exact same fault when my K800i is used in her car - and her K800i has the same problems in both cars.

One thing that did help improve the reliability of the conenction was turn of 3G and just have the phone on a GSM setting (in both cars) and this advice came from Citroen!!

Now use a Nokia 6300 with no problems, but the wife's Nokia 6288 the voice dial does not work in the LR

Post #5244 7th Aug 2007 9:26 pm
NightFox

Well, still not there with WM6. I've had a bit of a step in the right direction with an official WM6 upgrade rather than the unofficial one I was using before. It is now possible (after a few attempts) to get the phone to pair, even though it says "Pairing Failed" when I first pair it. It does now seem to connect to the car automatically every time I get in, so that's further than I've ever got before.

Where it all falls flat though is placing or receiving a call. When receiving a call, the PTI rings, but when I answer (via the PTI), the call isn't relayed through the PTI, I have to speak and listen on the phone. When making a call, I don't get the ringing tone at all, but when the call is answered it usually isn't relayed through the PTI, I have to use the phone again.

So I can make, receive and terminate calls now through the PTI, only trouble is most of the time I then need to use the phone to speak/listen.

Hey-ho. I will get there eventually!

Post #6207 5th Sep 2007 6:27 pm
Steve H

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

On the current version of the Landrover listing the Sony Ericcson K750i seems to be listed a compatible and indeed I use one quite successfully. I can't vouch for all functions but the Phone Book and Calls Menu functions work fine. However I have just noted having examined the complete functionality list that there are a number of function which I have never tried that are listed a not available. D3 GS Java Black TDV6 Manual

Post #6212 5th Sep 2007 7:23 pm
NightFox

Just made another step forward, it's sooooooooo tantalisingly close now!

I've found out that if I initiate or accept a call, I can go into the Menu and select "Privacy Call", and then "Privacy". On a properly working phone, this would transfer the call from the PTI to the phone, but as mine's already only going through the phone, it doesn't make any difference. HOWEVER, if I then switch back to "Hands Free", it does what it should and transfers the call from the phone back to the PTI, and it all works like it should.

If I make or receive another call, it will then all work fine without having to go through the privacy/hands free nonsense, but only until the ignition is turned off. Unfortunatelty, it's then back to having to do this again for the first call every time the car is re-started. So it's still impractical, but maybe I'm getting there slowly.

Yawn

Post #6216 5th Sep 2007 8:17 pm
looney_loey

United States 

NightFox wrote:
the call isn't relayed through the PTI, I have to speak and listen on the phone. When making a call, I don't get the ringing tone at all, but when the call is answered it usually isn't relayed through the PTI, I have to use the phone again.

on your second post you said you have used the Hands Free service already, that should have completed everything Question

also I never had to do the "privacy thing" you mentioned on the menu.

if LR2 can pair with your phone I can't see any reason why your having these problems Question Rolling Eyes

let me point out some details, you might have only be missing one of these Very Happy
1. on bluetooth settings, on MODE tab, make sure you check: a. Turn on Bluetooth and b. Make this device discoverable to ther devices.
2. on DEVICES tab, upon successful pairing a "headpiece with mic" icon that reads "MY CAR" should appear on your Partnership List.
3. Upon clicking "MY CAR", it will ask you to select services to use from this device..and that's when you put a check mark on the "HANDS FREE"
4. on the COM PORTS tab, you should have an "Incoming Port" (COM 1 to 7) dedicated to LR2...you can use any number not being used by other devices like PC, GPS, Inflatable Toy for.. Whistle
5. and Whala! you should be ok! I HOPE! Very Happy Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #6251 6th Sep 2007 2:32 am
NightFox

I can tick each of those steps, unfortunately. The only difference is it automatically detects and selects the HANDS FREE service so step 3 doesn't apply.

So basically the only thing that stops it working is that everytime it resumes the pairing, although the phone displays the hands-free headset icon on the phone screen, the phone seems to default to privacy mode rather than hands free mode.

Looney_Loey, could you perhaps ask your XDA friend if he knows what changes occur in the phone when it receives a command from the PTI to switch from privacy to hands-free, and vice versa? I'm hoping that if it's something as simple as a registry setting that flips between a 0 and a 1, I can just set it to 1 manually rather than have to go through the rigmarole of phoning somebody, selecting "privacy" and then "hands-free" again.

Cheers!

Post #6282 6th Sep 2007 12:36 pm
wildrover

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Indus Silver

Has anyone experienced the K750i not coming through the speakers? Everything else works ok, just can't get the conversation to the speakers. My friend has a K750i which works perfect in his vehicle but won't in mine and my K750i conversation wont come through either vehicle. using latest software and handsfree / mute not an issue. Out with the old (2007 SE)
In with the new (2012 Dynamic with everything). Now also gone.

Post #6315 7th Sep 2007 8:27 am
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I'm sure you've checked, but are both phones running exactly the same firmware version ?

For SE phones, I've found the davinci team site to be really useful for updates etc. It seems odd that your friends 750 won't work in your car either - are you going through the normal pairing process so that his phone has the correct bluetooth pin entered ?

Sorry if you've tried all this already. Are you both on the same mobile network? (this is a potential straw clutch moment!)

Post #6317 7th Sep 2007 8:41 am
Steve H

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: PDA Cellphones

looney_loey wrote:
With regards to PDA Cellphones... I'm using a T-Mobile (USA) MDA with Windows Mobile 5
(HTC Wizard Model)

I was able to make it work with my LR2 in minutes after doing the pairing and setting-up the Port to receieve it.

Here's the procedure: (NOTE: May vary with other Phone Models please proceed with caution)

On your PDA
1. go to bluetooth setting
2. make sure it's on and discoverable
3. create a new partnership
4. "My Car" will appear as a new Bluetooth device
5. Select service to use from this device (if prompted)
6. Check the "Hands Free" box and save setting
7. on COM Ports select INCOMING PORT and choose a PORT - (ex. COM7)

(this maybe the problem I see with other phones... when i connect to my GPS receiver
(got Tomtom6 for PDA) I use OUTGOING PORT as my PDA connects TO MY GPS DEVICE for satellite signal right? ...right!

TO ALLOW OTHER DEVICES to CONNECT (like the case of LR2 BT telephone system) you need INCOMING PORT to open-up, IT IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND, YOUR LR2 is the one connecting to your phone.

Hope this would help. Very Happy

Thanks I have now been able to pair my MDA Compact III (WM5) successfully. It worked first time following the steps quoted. I haven't tried all functions yet but the basic calling and phone book meus are fine. D3 GS Java Black TDV6 Manual

Post #6336 7th Sep 2007 12:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>