« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > loose drivers seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 
loose drivers seat

has anyone on here had a loose drivers seat?

i have started to feel it move slightly when accelerating or braking

and there is a bit of movement if i do it by shaking the seat back Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #39659 29th Mar 2009 10:37 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Rock'in seat (chair) Exclamation - something for the silvertop brigade Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #39664 30th Mar 2009 8:12 am
Northsea Medic

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'm waiting for the replacement base to come in for mine - I was last informed that LR havent yet made them Sad

Post #39666 30th Mar 2009 8:17 am
timmy

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

The drivers seat movement has been covered elsewhere in the forum. There is a technical buliten about this, It needs a new mounting and the seat needs to be taken to bits to fit this. Hopefully they will fix the reclining for the seat again when they take it to bits as the seat will not go upright fully.

Mine is going in on Friday to have both the drivers and passengers seat modified if the parts for the passengers seat come in before then ( drivers side parts already in but passengers seat started moving after I booked it in for the drivers seat).

Post #39672 30th Mar 2009 10:23 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

This has been covered in another post. My seat moved slightly forward and backwards when accelerating and braking and this is a known problem with 'some' FL2's. Dealer will know if yours should be affected - I was told mine shouldnt have had the problem due to when it was built (Mar08) but when they checked they decided I needed a complete new seat! New seat was fitted early Feb and at first was fine but a month down the line I think it is also beginning to move slightly, although its the back rather than the base that seems to move (unlike before where it was the entire seat) - dealer checked and said it was fine but to come back if I am still not happy. Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #39675 30th Mar 2009 11:14 am
Furyan

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

There is a Technical Service Bulletin (LTB00176v2) for this, came out in December 2008. It is for Freelander 2... VIN- range: H088661 Onwards

Cause:

The rubber bump stops on the seat track are being compressed but are not restoring to original
shape. Customisation: LED (CW) Internal Lighting, Re-badged Steering Wheel (black/silver badge), Wheel Caps (black/silver badge), Black Magic Tint, Santorini Black handles

Accessories: LR Chronograph, LR Golf Umbrella, LR Pen, LR Key Chain, LR Hat (blue), Rubber Boot Protector Mat, Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Body Side Mouldings

Post #39681 30th Mar 2009 12:56 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

thanks everybody for the input

I shall nip it to the dealers sometime this week all been well Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #39693 30th Mar 2009 6:13 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
thanks everybody for the input

I shall join the silvertop brigade and rock in my rocking chair all this week all been well

Thumbs Up welcome to the club Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #39696 30th Mar 2009 6:21 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Laughing not silver brigade yet, thank you very much, 99% of my hair is still the original colour Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #39697 30th Mar 2009 6:36 pm
n4ewg

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi guys. I seem to have gained the loose seat problem since having my seat base replaced due to the mechanism going creaky.

I can see exactly where the problem is, but am not yet sure what to do about it. Typically the dealer cannot find the problem, despite the fact that I can physically move the site when the car is stationary.

The problem seems to exist in the mechanism that moves the seat forwards and backwards along the threaded rod. It is incased in a clamp that fixes to the upper seat rails, but if I shine a torch down the rails and move the seat, you can see the mechanism is not a good fit in the clamp and has some free play.

I am thinking (after 4 visits to the dealer) to either try a different dealer or sort it out myself. Has anybody had any luck in getting this sorted?

Post #42022 15th May 2009 9:15 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

my dealer can not find my problem Rolling Eyes

A other dealer might be able to see it as you do, have you shown the dealer your findings Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #42026 15th May 2009 11:30 am
JJD

England 
drivers seat problems-still

Hi - i am new to the forum and have read what i can find about the know problems with the Freelander 2 drivers seat. Apologies if i have missed something - my situation is as follows and i`d be hugely helpful if anyone can advise.
I reported the drivers seat dropping to my local dealership about 6 months ago. They diagnosed it as faulty but LR refused to authorise the work saying that the vertical movement was "within tolerance". The seat is manual and i have to "pump it up" several times a week and even during a single long journey. I gave up with my local dealership (for numerous reasons) and tried Reading who were strongly recommended. I explained the history and they were confident they could get the swat base changed (and had done so before). The car was booked in and they had it for two full days. Despite this they STILL couldn`t get authorisation from LR (or at least the part was not released during this two days). I have, then, a £23,000 car in which the seat moves and have hot a brick wall. the technical bulletin suggests the solution is to change the manual seat base to electric. Has anyone been able to get this fixed? Any further suggestions hugely welcome as i`ve wasted a huge amount of time on this with two dealerships.

Post #44248 1st Jul 2009 11:43 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i would suggest you contact LR Customer Services yourself and state your feelings to them and see how you get on, stating that the dealers have told you they have changed seats in the past.

If this doesn't get you anywhere, you could treaten to hand the car back as its not fit for purpose etc.

They could also be refusing to swap as they might be trying to solve this known problem with a new design seat base....... I don't know its just a thought and trying to reason why they could be refusing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #44251 1st Jul 2009 12:06 pm
JJD

England 

Hi - many thanks for the response. I wrote a letter to LR Customer Services about 6 months ago - it was ignored. I follwed this by leaving a letter on the customer serrvices voicemail but never had a reply. A few weeks later i wrote and posted a other letter to LR Customer Services saying i was disgusted etc - absolutely no response whatsoever. Impressive!

Post #44260 1st Jul 2009 3:02 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I presume its this lot you have contacted, I have always got through to a person, I do have a direct dial for one of them now aswell Whistle

Quote:
Our Customer Relationship Centre would be delighted to talk to you about servicing, accessories, warranty and any questions or feedback.
08705 000 500

Our Customer Relationship Centre is open:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm

Alternatively write to:
Customer Relationship Centre
Abbey Road
Whitley
Coventry
CV3 4LH
 Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #44264 1st Jul 2009 3:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top