Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > loose drivers seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

good luck with those Censored they are about as much use as a BMW X3 off road! Thumbs Up

Post #44275 1st Jul 2009 6:41 pm
brian

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

JJD
I have got the same problem as you in that the seat drops and I am continually having to pump it back up The dealers fitted a new seat base three weeks ago,no better, then they said that they could not find the fault occurring???? The last time the car was in I had an 09 fl2 on loan again the seat had to be pumped I told them this but they were not interested anyway I pumped it up last weekend and will take it in today to let them see , in my opinion this is a common design fault that most drivers are probably not aware of and I will prob have too keep on at them to get some satisfaction but I hate it when dealers try and fob you off with comments like they cannot replicate the fault this just makes me more determined to get to the bottom of it. Some people may consider me a bit pedantic but in my opinion if you pay a lot of money for something then it has to be right I accept that if you shop in the pound shop then you cannot complain LR is different Fuji White GS 12 privacy glass leather retrim

Post #44298 2nd Jul 2009 7:02 am
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

The leather retrimmer would have had to take the seats partially apart. Are you sure it was put back together properly, ie not LR's fault in the first place? Even if it was, is the LR dealer thinking the same, ie its out of warranty? 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #44301 2nd Jul 2009 7:50 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

When I first complained about my loose drivers seat last year (which tended to go forward when braking and backward when accelerating) the dealer told me there was nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I took it to a second dealer who advised that it was faulty and needed a new fixing kit. A few weeks later they asked me to go back so a seat expert could have a look as my VIN shouldnt be affected (therefore LR 'know' there is a problem!) and the diagnosis was a complete new leather seat. The new seat was fitted and after a couple of weeks I noticed the same problem occur - returned to the dealer and they said no problem with it!!

Personally I think LR know that they have a problem with the drivers seat being loose - their problem is that they do not know what to do to fix it!!!!

Post #44316 2nd Jul 2009 1:31 pm
brian

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Good point but the fault was there well before the retrim and I kept explainig to the dealer that I wanted it fixed before the retrim occurred in fact they fitted the new seat base well before the retrim. Took it in yesterday and they more or less admitted that this is a common fault and they do not know how to fix it however it goes in a week on Monday "possibly for a few days" but they said that it will be up to LR to advise them I am not confident but will wait and see Fuji White GS 12 privacy glass leather retrim

Post #44354 3rd Jul 2009 6:49 am
ctl11

United States 

I've already posted this in another thread, but here is my experience again.

The seat on my 08 HST moved slightly when breaking and accel. and I mentioned it during it's first service at 6 months and they ordered a new seat frame I think and it fixed it. They had to overnight the part but it was fixed the next day. I think they knew about it too as they knew what was needed to fix it.

Post #44671 7th Jul 2009 5:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12