« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Strange new multi conflicting questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White
Strange new multi conflicting questions

I am not sure whether it is me but there seems to be an increasing number of requests to solve problems. Often there are conflicting issues within the question which makes the question really quite odd. The questions don't really add up. Even the wording of questions simply comes across as not quite right. I feel these questions maybe from bots. If they are real people look at the workshop manual, it will solve most problems. Adding a photo or two of the problem in the vehicle does go a long way solving a real issue.

Just a thought. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #425330 16th Sep 2022 2:38 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

I agree with Lightwater.

The FL2 is a mixture of physical parts, controlled and MONITORED by some complex interconnected electronic modules.

Please buy a code reader (even a cheap one will do to give an idea of what the car thinks) and include error codes current and pending.

Make sure that Model and MY shows in your PROFILE slot.

Tell us; what are the symptoms, and when you first noticed them.

Some History/Service History of the car, and what happened, or was changed prior to fault. (include any non-standard parts or mods to hardware/software)

Has anything else started to play up?

And have you used the search function of the site. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #425340 16th Sep 2022 7:46 pm
I Like Chips

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Adding It would be good to have a follow up post from the OP . Something to say if the problem was fixed or not.

Post #425351 17th Sep 2022 8:38 am
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

IanMetro wrote:
I agree with Lightwater.

The FL2 is a mixture of physical parts, controlled and MONITORED by some complex interconnected electronic modules.

Please buy a code reader (even a cheap one will do to give an idea of what the car thinks) and include error codes current and pending.

Some History/Service History of the car, and what happened, or was changed prior to fault. (include any non-standard parts or mods to hardware/software)

And have you used the search function of the site.

This is definitely the blueprint on how to get your problem fixed.

Not "car go boom" followed by a refusal to answer questions and a flounce.

Although the second approach does bring the community together for a good laugh Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #425352 17th Sep 2022 9:08 am
robblue

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I agree with lightwater seems to be a rash of newcomers expecting problems to be answered with simple titles of things like car has stopped working , but no explanation to symptoms or things they have done to the car. without other people digging for clues so they can give them an answer Shocked Rolling Eyes 2009 FL2 S now gone
2011 FL2 HSE AUTO
2012 FL2 XS AUTO
2000 Kawasaki er 5

Post #425359 17th Sep 2022 4:18 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

They must think that we are some kind of help desk robots rather than a group of owners who are willing to give the wisdom of our experience. I’m sure we’d all prefer to be out enjoying our anti-social, gas guzzling, unnecessarily large heavy and therefore dangerous SUV’s while we can.
It is the same on other owners club forums. 1st post is a help, I’ve got this or that problem with very little indication of the engine, year or level of equipment. They might as well tell us they’ve got a black/white/red/blue/green/beige (delete as you see fit) car and ask us how to fix it!

Post #425361 17th Sep 2022 4:35 pm
IanMetro

I can understand why the first post may be a cry for help, that's how I arrived here.

I can also see why some people are late to let us know what happened next, or realise how useful it is to us to know about how it went. (the more attentive of you will have noticed that I haven't concluded my posts about my run of 'Restricted Performance' problems - I am worried they will re-appear - but will post what happened in due time)

But give us the details as in the posts above and we will try to help. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)

Post #425364 17th Sep 2022 6:07 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

NoDo$h wrote:
IanMetro wrote:
I agree with Lightwater.

And have you used the search function of the site.

This is definitely the blueprint on how to get your problem fixed.

Not "car go boom" followed by a refusal to answer questions and a flounce.

Although the second approach does bring the community together for a good laugh

………….. my wipers aren’t in the right place Rolling with laughter

Post #425365 17th Sep 2022 6:47 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Sidthecat wrote:
my wipers aren’t in the right place Rolling with laughter

Or it turns out the starter battery is X years old. Replace it!

The SEARCH tool works really well. The only problem is the user often doesn't put in the right key words. So you just need to try a bit harder.

We are all volunteers simply adding to the knowledge pool when we happen to be on the website. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #425367 17th Sep 2022 8:06 pm
davyboy

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Strange new multi conflicting questions

Yes I also agree with Lightwater regarding this topic, Just go and buy a good quality code reader, read the code google it and fix your issue with the help of a Haynes manual.
It seems that these cars are now becoming rare and the good ones are being owned longer also well cared for, the bad ones are appearing due to now the shortage of second hand ones, those once traded in cars which had numerous issues where they were left at the back near the fence are being cheaply repaired just to scrape through the mot test and being sold on with 12 months ticket with so many issues which were once so expensive to fix ie someone else’s headache.

For example:-
I recently saw a 2010 HSE parked up against a wire fence just beside a canal towpath on blocks with the cam belt removed and the area looking very rusty and well neglected, I clocked the number plate and also noticed the small dent on the drivers door looking like the trolley jack handle had hit it.

Last week the same car was on a second hand car dealers forecourt advertising 12 months mot, low miles and a sign saying apply within. So I asked about the said car to be told they were selling the vehicle on behalf of a customer, they said the price is negotiable due to various faults although fixable. Bodywork too. Same dent on drivers door which they said a mobile dent fixer could remove it.

I asked for a road test which they agreed, I didn’t drive the car but in the passenger seat the rear differential was so noisy plus a drumming noise from the front and the windows didn’t work either, the steering wheel wasn’t straight plus an excessive wheel wobble, on a closer inspection after the road test under the bonnet the cambelt cover was missing, the battery was incorrect and the injectors were leaking. The fuse box in the boot wasn’t fixed in securely plus damage to the cabling, infact it looked like it had been replaced at some point and had jointed the cables.
I commented about the leaking injectors and said about the mot how could it have passed? To be told we are selling the car on behalf of a customer. So why no engine cover either? They didn’t comment.

I declined my interest in the car and did my research into the dealership which had suffered a financial breakdown and was now trading under another name plus they rented the site from the place where I originally saw the car on blocks with no cambelt
a local scrapyard of all places.

So with all these cars being sold on with issues No wonder new arrivals to the forum are asking these questions, Well I think so!

Post #425368 17th Sep 2022 10:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #425398 18th Sep 2022 8:55 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Reckon the burgers are done

Post #425400 18th Sep 2022 9:38 pm
Jagracer

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue

I tend to agree, but I think that people panic when modern cars stop working. Sometimes the fault is simple, but Main Dealers do not want older cars because their mechanics cannot fix them either. I have two FL2's, and they are both expensive problems, always going wrong somewhere. Both have cost new Differentials, tyres, brakes, electrical faults. One engine, one bevel box. Now its failed central locking. Local mechanics do not have the skills, and rip punters off because fixing them is a minefield, and they do not have the ability to do a logical analysis of problems. Code readers are rarely the whole answer, but can help. Leaving a woman with a dead car does not seem to faze today's mechanics, as they are collateral damage, as long as they get their £100 an hour fee for nothing. I would feel guilty, as I have seen the damage it does to the poor single parent women around this area trying to keep mobile.

Post #425484 21st Sep 2022 7:16 pm
IanMetro

Time to remind Forum Members to tell us what happened next, so searches for faults are more productive.

And please remember that the title to the post should give a clue to its contents. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)

Post #430387 23rd Feb 2023 10:25 am
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Agree totally with the sentiments expressed here.
This is a forum not just a free diagnostic service - you put something in to get something out. Jules

Post #430399 23rd Feb 2023 4:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>