Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

^^^

That’s it in a nutshell. Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #422751 27th Jun 2022 10:45 am
Northcroft

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

there must be 2 universes . . . and I know which one I belong to, ordering a car that hasnt been built ???

Never heard such a stupid thing in all my life, I am in no way envious even though I realise I could not afford it , but even now that I have sold my FL2 and still find this site entertaining, my humble SEAT site on fb has many professing to be waiting for a car to be built . . .and oh the delay blah blah

sorry I just do not get it, I cant be the only one surely Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2017 SEAT Ateca 4drive 2.0 xcellence (May 2022 -
2007 HSE with HST bodykit in Zermatt Silver 169,700 miles (dec 2016 - May 2022 )
2007 Honda Civic Type S GT (2012-2017)
2002 Mini Cooper S (2008-2012)
1992 Honda Legend 3.2i (2003-2008)
1990 Honda Concerto (1999-2003)
1985 Honda Accord (1997-1999)
1983 Honda Accord (1993-1997)
1983 Mini Mayfair (1988-1993)
1974 Mini 1000 (1979-1986)

Post #422770 27th Jun 2022 2:42 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

I often state that I have the patience of a wasp in a jam jar - but have been told that it's unfair on wasps - they have far more patience. I had to wait 3 weeks for the current DS and two of those we were on holiday and I was still like a bear with a sore bum - can't imagine what I would be like waiting for months with no idea of what was actually being built.

Came home from holiday, dropped (threw?) the cases in the living room and drove strait to the dealership. Her ladyship didn't even get out of the car. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #422772 27th Jun 2022 3:09 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

And in that waiting time, you see another car you’d prefer, then what? Bizarre

Post #422775 27th Jun 2022 4:41 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Only ever bought one new car. Ordered in September, it was available from mid December but obviously waited until January registration. The wait was awful. Much better buying second hand, you can literally drive home same day or within several days normally. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #422777 27th Jun 2022 5:47 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White
All Well That Ends Well

I had my Service and MOT today, and my Metro passed with flying colours.

Both the MOT and JLR Health Check, came with no failures or comments.

I was flattered to be told, by the person dealing with the paperwork, that, as the Metro stood freshly serviced and cleaned inside and out, they were very impressed by how well the car had been kept.

I'm afraid that I didn't get my choice of a DS PHEV Courtesy Car, but had to accept a Jaguar I-Pace HSE instead.

Jaguar I-Pace Impressions

Very fast off the mark, and quick to alter speeds up, AND down, instantly, due to direct drive and energy recovery.

Suspension seemed quite hard, although I have to admit I wasn't always full aware of what vehicle mode I had chosen.

Although eerily quiet as you start off, tyre noise soon makes it seemingly not much quieter (at cruise) than my FL2, although sudden increases of speed do not produce the FL2 clatter.

I am sure that with familiarity I would learn how control the minor controls for Cruise, Vehicle Mode, SatNav, etc,etc, on my day trip I really needed a Co-Pilot to work through the Menus while I drove.

It was very easy to drive around town, and the local bendy roads, just using one pedal, the accelerator, to adjust the speed.

I still found it nice to climb back up into my FL2 with its 'Command' driving position. Therefore I came to the conclusion that I would like the I-Pace Electric Drive bits installed in my Metro body to obtain my perfect car. Until then I think I will be retaining my Metro for a year or so more.

Overall an interesting day as I had not driven a fully electric car before.

PS the saleslady confirmed that DS delivery times were in access of a year at the moment. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #422778 27th Jun 2022 6:09 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

An article in the Financial Times recently talked about how car makers were short of electronic components so were concentrating production on those models in their ranges which the highest profit margins. It would be interesting to see if the lead time on a Range Rover is shorter than a DS. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #422912 2nd Jul 2022 9:08 am
Dartman the one

England 

In the present situation I would be very suspicious of any availability in under 3 months, I may be new but whether it's this year's model is moot, likewise that could go for preregistered vehicles which could be over a year old or 2 MY years old.
Welcome to the 60's when your order was at least 3 months hence for delivery or longer, though there were cancelled orders or dealer orders available on a only option deal for instant availability and no discount. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #422913 2nd Jul 2022 9:45 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

This is becoming a general issue not just involving new cars. I know of three people with problems where the garage is having trouble getting replacement parts. A Ford, a Mercedes and a Skoda 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #423050 7th Jul 2022 9:05 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Yesterday I got an E-mail from the Toyota Dealership . The truck I ordered in August 2021 is due for delivery in December , that’s 4 months ahead of the last update . Since I ordered the truck there have been a couple of specification changes , including deleting the premium sound system . I’m not getting too hung up about it as a bird in the hand etc .

On Saturday I was shooting with a friend who runs a 2016 Hilux Invincible , we took that vehicle , he’s in the market for a new one for his farm , and on ringing around ,as the truck is exceptionally low mileage he’s been getting trade in figures approaching the original purchase price ( NFU discount on that one originally )

Given that I can’t see any downside to my purchase as if don’t like living with it I’ll move it on in a year at very little loss.

I’ve missed the Fl2 for shooting and fishing duty since it went as I had great AT tyres on it , but selling it before the tin worm progressed was the right thing to do .

There was a New SWB defender on the shoot on Saturday , quite a basic spec but it looked fit for purpose and a proper thing with white steel wheels I must admit I could see that as a car I could enjoy , but for the time being I’ll see if I like the HiLux as much as the last new one I bought … a frightening 40 years ago ! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #426214 25th Oct 2022 6:37 pm
Dartman the one

England 

My brother in law was told in March that his company Passat was being replaced with a Citroen DS, despite many dates and visits to the dealership and promises there is still no sign of the car, this is in Spain. I do wonder in some cases whether dealerships are selling some models that have apparently long lead times whether the car has been sold at a premium to another buyer. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #426228 26th Oct 2022 7:21 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

dorsetfreelander wrote:
An article in the Financial Times recently talked about how car makers were short of electronic components so were concentrating production on those models in their ranges which the highest profit margins. It would be interesting to see if the lead time on a Range Rover is shorter than a DS.

It would seem that JLR are indeed cutting production of it's 'smaller' cars (up to and including Velar) to make more components available for it more profitable larger models. This is being done by cutting shifts from 2 to 1 at its factories.

I have read elsewhere that the new RRS is unavailable at the moment to order if you want the fully dynamic suspension (Stormer Handling Pack) because of lack of electronic bits.

Also delivery waiting time are now exceeding 12 months on some models. - Look through some of the electric car forums and read about continual extensions to delivery dates after order placed.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/jl...ers/275280

As an aside, from what I have read about electric cars, it is said that as the installed battery packs are worth more than 50% of the car price on the smaller cars, the move to discourage the sale of cheaper cars will only increase as time goes on. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 74k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #427302 27th Nov 2022 9:42 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12