Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > AA membership offer heads up. Be quick!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 
AA membership offer heads up. Be quick!

A heads up for you all.

I've just bought a years AA membership for two people, any vehicle plus national recovery. The AA have a deal on at the moment. The roadside assistance is £99 but if you add national recovery the whole price has a third off making it £106 in total. I bought it through TopCashback and I will get £65 cashback bringing the actual cost down to £41. Be quick, the 1/3 off offer ends on Monday night.

If you chose other add-ons such as home start, onward travel, cost of repairs etc and get the price up to £251 or more, you get a stonking £175 cashback. I’ve done that before now but with our fairly new car, I can only get it up to £230!

Remember, you will need a TopCashback account and when you are searching for deals, DO NOT look for the deal on the device you will purchasing it on as it will take ages to get your cashback as it doesn’t track correctly. I think you may be able to if you are in incognito mode or you can clear cookies. I always look on one iPad and purchase on another.

If you already have an AA membership you won’t get cashback for a renewal so do what I do - buy the policy one year in your name with your wife added on and the following year in her name with you added on. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #422865 30th Jun 2022 7:51 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Hi Steve, thanks for the heads up, my breakdown cover with Driver Guardian is due for renewal in a few weeks.
From an admin point of view I’ve been on to the AA site on my iPhone and indeed got that message you warned about. Been on to AA site on iPad but there doesn’t seem to be an option allow for using Top Cashback? RAC are running a similar deal and they have specific flag if using TCB
Perhaps I’m just missing something? Been a long day Neutral

Post #422867 30th Jun 2022 9:02 pm
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

RAC have similar offer, I have been a member of the RAC for the last 15yrs & had to call for help for the first time last month, the earliest a patrol could get to me was 12hrs later ( DON’T TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE )😩

Post #422936 2nd Jul 2022 8:25 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Sidthecat wrote:
Hi Steve, thanks for the heads up, my breakdown cover with Driver Guardian is due for renewal in a few weeks.
From an admin point of view I’ve been on to the AA site on my iPhone and indeed got that message you warned about. Been on to AA site on iPad but there doesn’t seem to be an option allow for using Top Cashback? RAC are running a similar deal and they have specific flag if using TCB
Perhaps I’m just missing something? Been a long day Neutral

No. You have to open a free account from TopCashback and then click on the AA link from within TopCashback and that directs you to the AA site. When you make the purchase, the sale is then tracked through TopCashback and after some time, your cashback goes from pending to confirmed and then finally payable. Can take 3 months or more but you will eventually get it. If you’ve already been in to the AA site on your iPad, just clear your cookies and go again but through the Topcasback site.

Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #422992 4th Jul 2022 2:18 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Thanks Steve; we’ll I’ve gone ahead and cranked it up to £254 which apparently takes account of AA discounts of £221. Whoever would be paying £475?
So allowing for the full cashback of £175 (which is already showing as pending in my account) it’s only costing me £79 which is on a par with my renewal due on 25th, but with extra add-ons Thumbs Up
Thank you

Post #422997 4th Jul 2022 7:38 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Yeah, I did the same myself when we had an Evoque that included parts and repairs. £162 back so it ended up costing me around £70 for two of us, any car, homestart, relay and repairs covered up to £650 each time. Never had cause to use it though! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #422999 4th Jul 2022 8:15 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

We had the all singing all dancing AA cover including repairs.
Drove down to Cornwall with the caravan and suffered bad overheating on most hills, nursed her to the campsite and called the AA. Nice man came out and advised me to drive it to a local garage as it was fine without the caravan.

I took her to the "local" LR dealers who diagnosed a blocked radiator, some Muppet Embarassed had been wading and the clay had baked on only allowing 30-40% cooling.

AA response was "tough" they only covered radiators that were corroded through, not damaged by impact or blocked on the outside - blocked on the inside was OK only if the coolant was up to specification.

Haven't used the AA since. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #423003 4th Jul 2022 10:40 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

To be fair to the AA, self inflicted damage wouldn’t be covered under a breakdown parts guarantee. What next - blaming the AA for not coughing up for a puncture because you buckled a wheel and split the tyre when you clipped a kerb? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #423032 6th Jul 2022 10:18 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1