« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > The OCD Cleaning/Detailing Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 24 of 24 <123 ... 222324
Print this entire topic · 
superspeed3065

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Firenze Red
SHINING

Our Freelander SD4 has a great shine . When we bought it from Duckworths it had the Williams coating applied excellently. We have a hot pressure washer that puts a decent amount of water out so not like the crappy small things that put loads of pressure out and hardly any water so only use is for drilling holes in block paving. In the additive tank I put standard TFR from TMS. All I do is rinse with water at 70 , then turn pressure to low which pulls the TFR in and spatters it on the car gently and give the alloys a good dose then put pressure back up and wash the car for 5 to 10 mins also because the lance has a bend near the end I can wash underneath easily. Job done in 10-15mins , shining.

Post #419841 24th Mar 2022 10:12 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Your Freelander looks stunning in Firenze red👍. Constant TFR won't do it a lot of good long term. It's a very harsh chemical which will strip the protection from the paintwork. A pH neutral car shampoo would be much better. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #419843 25th Mar 2022 5:46 am
superspeed3065

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Firenze Red
SHINING

Click image to enlarge

You are correct Bobupndown, I only put a weak lot on through the pressure washer and didn't put any on at all at first until driving to a Glasgow Hospital during COP26 we were diverted through an unfished dual carriageway road that had alot of fresh liquid tar spread all over its length and my vehicle was covered as cars were flying as though it was just water on the surface . It took a long time for me to clean it off and that has affected the coating on the car. I will get the coating refreshed shortly as it is absolutely brilliant that with it on we never need to put a sponge or brush on it, just the hot pressure washer and if wetted/soaked on low pressure then turn it back up to higher all the muck just drops off. The two photos of glass are not a scene but sun shining and reflection on the back passenger door window after i had washed it with a soapy wash with sponge. Tar was still there, after trying WD40 at first then giving that up I finally used AutoGlim Tar Remover all over the car including the roof but I think that has prob diminished the Williams coating. One photo is of the car roof after wash and wax sponge job that did no good at all.

Post #419861 25th Mar 2022 11:49 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Just gave the car a bit of a wash, but mostly to get tar spots off, used lighter fuel. Ran out of time to do the wheels, but they get dirty within a nanosecond. Gave it a wax.

Used the compressors for air water spray.

Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #422657 24th Jun 2022 1:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 24 of 24 <123 ... 222324