Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Ultra Low Emission Zone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

This is so Annoying. My 2013 HSE showing 56K is now on his hit list. I do have a plan to buy some time though. My wife is disabled and receives the enhanced mobility element of PIP, so next week we are going to get the cars taxation class changed to Disabled. This will cover us up until October 2025 under the current rules. this is something we have avoided doing until now but now have no choice as we don't want to change the car as there is nothing out there we like or suits what we need it for unless you spend over £20k which is not an option for us.

I feel really sorry for all those that are going to be affected by this, just looking in my street this morning I can see 3 perfectly good cars that won't be compliant. 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #419236 6th Mar 2022 11:25 am
Jagracer

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue

Perhaps Mr Kahn would like to move to the East and send Mr Putin a large fine for polluting the Planet by torching whole countries. It is ironic that the West is paying fines for alleged pollution produced in other parts of the world. Last year a smoke plume was visible that passed over England and Scotland that originated in California.

Post #419241 6th Mar 2022 4:36 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Milothedog wrote:
This is so Annoying. My 2013 HSE showing 56K is now on his hit list. I do have a plan to buy some time though. My wife is disabled and receives the enhanced mobility element of PIP, so next week we are going to get the cars taxation class changed to Disabled. This will cover us up until October 2025 under the current rules. this is something we have avoided doing until now but now have no choice as we don't want to change the car as there is nothing out there we like or suits what we need it for unless you spend over £20k which is not an option for us.

I feel really sorry for all those that are going to be affected by this, just looking in my street this morning I can see 3 perfectly good cars that won't be compliant.

Since it’s inception we’ve not driven into the zone - we’re using supermarkets elsewhere, avoiding leisure trips that aren’t easily accessible on public transport. If, as seems to be certain, the zone is extended it’ll include us so like you Milo the car will have to go. A perfectly good 63 plate, regularly serviced, but sadly running on the devils fuel. Hoping we’ll have moved beforehand though.

Post #419254 6th Mar 2022 8:48 pm
trw999

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

You could look at swapping for an i6, or if you want a newer version, try the companies that import younger Japanese RHD i6 and Si4 FL2s into this country.

Tim

Freelander 2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey with Alpaca & Tundra interior
Driven many miles in:
2 FL2s
1 Range Rover P38
4 Range Rover Classics
Many military LWB & 1/2 ton Lightweight Series IIA & III

Post #419268 7th Mar 2022 10:40 am
NoDo$h

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Cheaper to pay the tax than some of the moonshot prices being asked for i6 FL2s Rolling with laughter Current driveway contents:
2021 V60 Cross Country B5
2009 FL2 dog bus and shooting wagon

On Order: 2023 Fisker Ocean Ultra - deposit paid.

Post #419269 7th Mar 2022 10:48 am
trw999

Maybe!

But at least you're paying for exclusivity! I've now had mine for five months and in that time have managed to spot two others on the road.

They remain a lovely car to drive, especially on a long journey. In addition to the usually fine qualities of FL2s that we all appreciate, the engine imbues the car with a feeling of smooth comfort and luxury over and above that achieved with the diesel engines.

Last Wednesday, when it was horribly wet, I did a 400 mile round journey to Leeds to visit my latest grandchild. The car handles the atrocious conditions with aplomb; the wipers were never off! I was glad that I wasn't in my Jaguar XK, which is lower of course and which, despite it's own grand touring capabilities, would have been an altogether less relaxing drive. The i6 gave me the command driving position, particularly helpful to avoid the worst of the spray, the comfort of knowing the four wheel drive would kick in if traction was ever lost and the reassuring hum of the six cylinders performing their task so well.

And before anyone chimes in with some comment about fuel consumption, I was content enough with averaging 25 mpg, which is nearly as good as the XK! Tim

Driven many miles in:
2 FL2s
1 Range Rover P38
4 Range Rover Classics

Post #419272 7th Mar 2022 12:44 pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Couldn’t agree more, still miss our i6…..

Also miss the Elan BV-DHC we had years ago, once I’d restored it.

Just for you Thumbs Up Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #419274 7th Mar 2022 1:51 pm
trw999

Nice Sprint there David.

Do you have any more details, such a VIN? See my website lotuselansprint.com Tim

Driven many miles in:
2 FL2s
1 Range Rover P38
4 Range Rover Classics

Post #419283 7th Mar 2022 6:15 pm
Boxbrownie

I don’t think I do anymore, I bought it from Bell & Colvill as a drive away and “repair” job.

It was only about five years old and the front chassis legs would flex towards each other when the front body was pressed on, I know Colin believed in build it till it breaks than back off a bit but the chassis was riddled with rust at just five years old.

Anyway new chassis and complete rebuild in my garage and respray later and it was gorgeous again, fitted with my old Lucas (damn cannot remember the name) electronic ignition system from our racing Mini, all retrimmed in leather from our trim shop at work and a new wood dash with so many layers of lacquer I cannot remember how many now! Rolling with laughter

It was great fun but I hated leaving it parked anywhere (as I did with the 7 also) as it was so low no one knew it was parked behind them in the High street.

It was bought by somebody who drove it back up North on the M1 and rang up and said he changed gear and it rev’ed very high (I suspect he missed a gear) and after a few miles it started to over heat….yes he blew the head gasket!

I’d been using it for six months to and from work quite happily and killing 3 litre Capris in the process….so “it wasn’t me guv’” Rolling with laughter Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #419287 7th Mar 2022 7:21 pm
trw999

Great stuff! Thank you. Tim

Driven many miles in:
2 FL2s
1 Range Rover P38
4 Range Rover Classics

Post #419288 7th Mar 2022 7:35 pm
Boxbrownie

Remembered…..Lucas Opus electronic ignition, that was it. Regards

David

Post #419291 7th Mar 2022 9:05 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Do mobility scooters pay fees in the low emission zones? Might be an option!

Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #419300 8th Mar 2022 12:20 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Now there’s a thought, a mobility scooter. I could then thunder along the pavement and see how enjoyable it is to run people down Rolling with laughter

Post #419306 8th Mar 2022 11:04 am
Jagracer

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue

Register the FL@ as an Ambulance, no tax or parking fees then! I have an ex Police Volvo V70 knocking around somewhere which has no emmissions registered on the V5, so should be Ok in London when I get it Mot'ed again. Get Insulate Britain to lobby the Mayor, after all he once said Diesel cars did not pollute the air when he Tonies best mate.

Post #419307 8th Mar 2022 3:10 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Just been trawling through the greater Manchester clean air bumf - because I am sad, bored, awake - take your pick.
Anyway, in amongst the reports is one that does say that GM should reduce the NO2 level as soon as possible, with the new clean air Zone it expects to reduce the NO2 level to below the legal limit by 2024.
Without the clean air zone the levels would be below legal limits by ............... 2027

Yes I read it twice to check, spending millions on cameras, and fineing local motorists millions will only quicken the deadline by 3 years.

So after three years do you think that they are going to take the cameras away? Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #419371 10th Mar 2022 2:10 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>