Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Bluefin Superchip upgrade!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Ratatatat wrote:
Tadcaster brewery produced real ale (never)...............i

Sam or John smiths ?? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #39415 26th Mar 2009 8:58 am
colinsb

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

I was at Superchips yesterday and mentioned this thread. They reckoned reloading from the Bluefin should clear the limp home mode. If over-boosting is a problem, they are happy to modify your map online. If you have this problem, it would be worth talikng to Superchips before LR.

Post #39571 27th Mar 2009 9:56 pm
agroman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Hi Colin

I have tried returning to standard and then reflashing Bluefin map. But this doesn't clear the fault code. I don't think you would expect a remap to reset OBD11 error codes. Apparently less critical error codes that trigger limp home mode can be cleared by simply stopping engine and restarting. However overboost condition although not a critical error, cannot be reset without clearing error codes.

Has anyone got experience of aftermarket error code readers. I see there are a number on ebay etc. Don't know if these are compatible? Will they clear codes as well as read them?

Considering a reduced boost map, however not keen, as it will reduce effect of Bluefin.

There must be something amiss with the few cars that have had an overboost condition, given that there are a good number that have been running this map with no problems. Just a question of where the problem is? Turbo, pressure sensor, EGR valve or ECU?

Landrover Technical think it is turbo, so still waiting for a new one to be fitted, been over a week now.

Martin

Martin 1998 Feelander XDI Hardback - Gone
2002 Freelander TD4 GS Hardback - Gone
2004 Freelander TD4 HSE Stationwaggon - Gone
2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS manual - Gone
2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto - Gone
2013 SD4 GS arrived April 2013

Post #39581 28th Mar 2009 8:21 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

there is a thread over on Disco3 about fault code reader from BBS SPY that can be used to change things, such as satnav setting, activate cruise control, as well as resetting fault codeetc etc

B.A.S. are looking at it, to be the provider of their remap too, so not only do you have a system to put on/off the remap, you can also activate things on your car/ remove fault codes by the sounds of it, its looks great Thumbs Up

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic32854.html?highlight=

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic32824.html Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #39591 28th Mar 2009 10:50 am
agroman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Thanks Npinks

This looks really cool, until you get to the price, €750 for the package. Don't think Mrs. S would ware that! Could spend my whole time playing with laptop and car though.
Thumbs Up
Martin 1998 Feelander XDI Hardback - Gone
2002 Freelander TD4 GS Hardback - Gone
2004 Freelander TD4 HSE Stationwaggon - Gone
2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS manual - Gone
2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto - Gone
2013 SD4 GS arrived April 2013

Post #39604 28th Mar 2009 1:21 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Quote:
our SV222 all in one kit, which costs 770.70 GBP
With my 20% discount offer to any genuine / existing member in April that translates to 616.56 GBP, plus shipping and VAT where applicable.

By the looks of it, you can get the faultcode reader for £616.56 and most likely £349 for the remap on top

Expensive if its just the remap, but if your wanting to tinker with the car as well, Wiggs has enabled his standard satnav to have to premium function (disco3 wheel aticulation, axle info extra) and looks to be able to turn on TV, Adaptive xenon amongst others Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #39612 28th Mar 2009 6:14 pm
Ratatatat

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Manual Zermatt Silver

Ditto Agroman, reloading Bluefin doesn't cure it.

I'm quite happy that my truck is under warranty, and if happens again they'll sort it. Don't like the idea of waiting days for a new turbo though, you'd think these would be off the shelf availability.

Anyway, no further problems to report.......Still think the FL2 is a better package than the D3

Off tomorrow on the Roof of England run with my 1970 MGB, and slightly worried about having to cross border to Yorkshire.

That's all Kernow! Out on the road today, I saw a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac.............

A little voice inside my head said "Don't look back, you can never look back"

Post #39618 28th Mar 2009 7:17 pm
demion

Austria 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Tambora Flame
Bluefin an motor management error

I recently installed the bluefin on my 2.2TDI automatic with DPF. I wasn't very impressed with the improvement - during driving I didn't notice any difference. Propably only the 0-100 speed improved by about 0,3-0,5s. I think the missing effect is due to the automatic - it always chooses the best gear for torque and the torque-curve is better then with the manual shifter. I mean - before I owned a bmw 330d automatic and the chiptuning improved its handling really noticeably (okay, it was about 50ps more). But for the FLII automatic I didn't notice a real improvement in normal driving or overtaking. Can't tell how it is with towing, but I am sure it is an improvement with manual gear because you don't have to shift as often.

What I can tell for sure is, that I happend to get the motor management error 4 days after installation during starting the motor. I don't know if it has to do with the DPF or the turbo-out of-spec, but I will send bluefin back because I didn't really get any felt improvement - instead I got an error.

Anybody similar experiences with 2.2TDI automatic DPF and Chiptuning/Box??

Post #41596 5th May 2009 8:52 pm
brian

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

I have fitted a synergy tuning box and do not feel that there has been any difference to my frl2 2.2 auto pre synergy I got 38.1 on a run from Preston to Carlisle with cruise control at 70 post synergy I got 38.9 on the same run however post synergy run I also added Millers I am a bit disappointed but will try the synergy at a lower setting at the moment I think it is on 5, next thought is to get an air filter but not sure if I am wasting money would love to do 40 mpg for the Preston run but perhaps I am asking too much.

When the car was in the dealers for a rattle I was given an 09 manual with 550 miles on the clock I compared dealer to home mpg (a distance of approx 6 miles mostly motorway)on both cars nothing in it I think 41.9 for the manual and 41.2 for the auto. At first I thought good but then considered that the manual was not probably run in and would eventually improve after a few thousand miles.

Still love the car but wish it was'nt so thirsty especially when cold

Post #41802 10th May 2009 7:28 am
mjb

Germany 

brian wrote:
Still love the car but wish it was'nt so thirsty especially when cold

I'm sorry Brian, but you bought the wrong car if you were after something with mega-super economy - a 4WD will lose every time, but the Freelander is still extremely good if driven carefully - for what it is . - Mike

Post #41814 10th May 2009 3:52 pm
darrellr

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

I'd say that 40 mpg from a lump as un-aerodynamic and 4WD-y as the FL" is quite a result.

See my thread on ST3 for my experience of improved economy New: Freelander2 GS 62 plate (MY13) - Santorini Black with Clearview & Front PDC
Old: Freelander2 XS 09 Plate - Zermatt Silver with ST3 remap (eco map), Garmin 1490T Sat Nav, Rear Seat Entertainment kit

Post #41864 11th May 2009 10:47 pm
brian

I agree with the two previous comments and that the figure is okay however I am quite keen to better the figures that I used to get from my previous car which was a Tucson at the moment I think an improvement of about 3mpg will do it ( bring on an air filter?). I do really enjoy driving the car and look forward to enjoying it in years to come

Post #41870 12th May 2009 6:57 am
brian

I eventually got a K & N air filter last week and on Friday came back from Preston with mpg 45.3 average speed 69 mph I am staggered perhaps it is the hot weather but am assuming that this is a culmination of things such as the synergy bedding in with the air filter and the Millers cleaning the engine. I have the synergy set at 7 and was considering changing it to 5 but am a bit reluctant as I am more than happy with what I have achieved so far

Post #42531 31st May 2009 7:36 am
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I have never had one isue with Bluefin. Not so much as a warning light.

But I would say that claims of mega improvements in mpg with re-maps is not convincing. If driven normally yes maybe a couple mpg improvement, but 25% in some cases. I doubt it.

Where I do notice an improvment in MPG is towing, with the Bluefin the average mog is better than the standard map for sure. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #42587 2nd Jun 2009 12:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123