Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > First camp IN our FL2 and a HM Awning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
riverblanche

England 
First camp IN our FL2 and a HM Awning

Hi,

went to a 2 day Motorbike trial at the weekend with a camp over on Saturday night, took the G4 tent last time
but wanted to try sleeping IN the FL2 Question

Bit of experimenting before hand, found that removing the seat base of the 2/3 rd section rear seat was very easy just 2xT50 bolts and it was out, I could then move the front seat forward and it made loads of difference to the amount of room you have,
comfortably laying straight with feet at the hatch end Smile cut a piece of 3ply and added a couple of legs to fill the (now big) gap
between the folded down seat back and the back of the front seat so my pillow did not disappear Whistle
raided the tintent for the cushions from one of the bunk beds and packed my gear.

New addition is the Howling Moon Safari awning which I have made some brackets to mount to 4 of the roof rail points,
I knew we where in the trees so it would be stable.

Chicken & noodles with teriyaki sauce for supper, couple of beers around the fire pit then to try out the FL2 camp Question

I could sit up when in the sleeping bag so enough head room and can reach the door lock button on the dash Wink

Bacon and egg for breakfast with a hot chocolate and ready for Sundays trial Cool

The awning was easy enough to set up and take down, but sure a bit more practice is in order Embarassed

And the proof is in the pictures (rotated I hope!)

Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
my first ever FL2 and I did keep it longer than most other cars!
But its now gone way up Norf

Post #410658 26th Jul 2021 4:47 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Looks as if you found time to valet it at some point as well Thumbs Up

Post #410660 26th Jul 2021 5:16 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

We mostly sleep in the car as we are too lazy to put up the tent. The fridge goes on the passenger seat & everything else in the front, push seats forward & tilt them as well. Rear footwell is full so no need for any platforms.

Use window socks for ventilation, window wind deflectors are handy to keep rain out. At night the best way to lock the car is to reach forward to one of the front doors & lock the car, then you can open the rear door at night without signalling the neighbourhood.

Acoustic insulation is brilliant for thermal insulation & windscreen sun shades on every window helps a lot. Thermarest Luxury Map mattress is very nice. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #411079 5th Aug 2021 4:33 pm
riverblanche

England 

Hi,
will have to try the door locking that way Thumbs Up

as even though I turned off the interior lights, the boot light still came and the indicators all flashed when I unlocked the car about 02:30 when the San Miguel and worked its way through Embarassed

Thumbs Up .
my first ever FL2 and I did keep it longer than most other cars!
But its now gone way up Norf

Post #411087 5th Aug 2021 5:43 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

We have removed the boot globe. One could put a switch in somewhere. Also removed the footwell globes.

To stop condensation on the tailgate trim panel which will make your sleeping bag wet, line it with acoustic foam. It's the easiest panel to do. Photos in this thread: https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic33026.html

Window insulation notes down this page:
https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic32913.html Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #411145 7th Aug 2021 12:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1