Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Insurance cost
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Dartman the one

England 

Aren't the RAC just a broker similar to Adrian Flux and Frizzel? they have agreements with some insurance companies and a variety of Lloyds insurance names. Direct Line is owned by the RBS group and underwritten by UK insurance Ltd and there are quite a few insurance companies underwritten by the UK Insurance Limited in the RBS group, strangely if you insure with a non RBS insurance company the deal is often better regards coverage. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #410006 11th Jul 2021 11:06 am
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Jimboland wrote:
It's that annual question again. An insurance company is only any good if it pays out and has reasonable prices. OK so it's worth paying a few bob more to go with a reliable company. I've been with LV for yonks and never had any bother with them but this year they have wacked up the price by 20% which is OTT. I've shopped around and the cheapest price was £130 less than LV want. The policy I like the look of best is with the RAC at £52 less than LV. I have yet to contact LV and expect I will get the price down a bit and if it is close to the RAC then I will stick to LV.

The million quid question is what do you learned gentlemen think of RAC insurance?

J

Having had renewal through from Admiral i did the usual phone around and suppose everyone came in at around £500-£600 except for LV who were at £1215!! They must have misheard me and thought I wanted a quote to buy the car Rolling with laughter

Post #410007 11th Jul 2021 11:11 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Although I’ve just sold the FL2 , I’ll chip in here and say try site sponsor A Plan . The policy I had from them wasn’t the cheapest , but it was one of the best policies , as it had off road cover included . Absolutely necessary as I used the car for shooting and fishing . Also very nice real people answer the phone too . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #410011 11th Jul 2021 1:09 pm
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I rang LV today and spoke to that nice lady who gave me a discount just for asking and although the new price did not quite match the RAC quote I decided to stick with LV as they are a reliable firm and I thought the new price of £280.30 was not unreasonable.

J

Post #410137 14th Jul 2021 10:45 am
TooBlue

United Kingdom 

Sidthecat wrote:
Having had renewal through from Admiral i did the usual phone around and suppose everyone came in at around £500-£600 except for LV who were at £1215!! They must have misheard me and thought I wanted a quote to buy the car Rolling with laughter

MY LV renewal was over £1,300. (Jokers!)

Saved £500 by changing to Admiral. Smile

This is for multi-car insurance.

Post #410339 18th Jul 2021 9:10 pm
Milothedog

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Had our renewal through today for the FL2. We're with Churchill, they wanted £408 fully comp with NCB protected and legal cost cover. Went on go compare and the exact same cover with Churchill but total excess reduced from £500 to £400 came back as £326. Phoned them up and said can you price match this for my renewal and was told no. I then said we won't be renewing and can I take out this policy reference that I've just been quoted with you, the reply was "Yes Sir" Crazy or what Rolling with laughter 2007 TD4 XS The work horse that earns its up keep
2013 SD4 HSE The posh one for towing the caravan
1973 Triumph Stag I bought in 2009 and restored.

Post #410481 21st Jul 2021 4:06 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Wife just had her renewal notice from Aviva. £1.90 dearer than last year which makes the renewal decision really easy….

Click image to enlarge

Post #410487 21st Jul 2021 7:55 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123