« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Want to say byby and thank you all
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

carlfraz wrote:
Good Luck YF and we wish you 'OIL the best' Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Who the Censored are you........!! I guess this will be Fraz's only post for 6 months or more now. Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #40954 23rd Apr 2009 12:14 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Goodbye YF, and thanks for all your posts.

For your comfort I can refer to a test done during the whinter here in Norway that said something like: The only one that could follow Freelander 2 through a heep of snow, was the Mercedes GLK.

So I guess the GLK is not too bad.

But I wonder: What was the reason you changed from FL2 to GLK? 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #40956 23rd Apr 2009 12:30 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

My sincers thanks to you all for your good wishes.
Why did I change the Freely 2 against the Mercedes GLK?
One drop after the other fills the bucket, but it takes time.
What disturbed me most was the unavailibility of spare parts, when needed, and the time required to get them.
Sometimes my dealer has removed a needed part from a new Freely 2 at storage to get me out of the work shop!
The next point its the very limited number of LR-dealerships in Germany and Western Europe and the long distance to my nearest LR-workshop.
Within 80 km I have only one workshop, and if I should ever not be happy with them, I have to drive more than 120 km to the next workshop, one way!
Next is the unbelievable ignorance of Landrover with regard to the required motor oil for TD4-engines with DPF.
Landrover has warned me to stop my publishings against their wrong motor oil philosophy, and announced waiver of any guarantee obligations. This announcement has been responded by a court at my initiative, and LR had to withdraw.
Even though I had no problem with the DPF nor engine (no DPF-full announcement, and no reduced engine power ever), but I have had constant small niggles, sofware updates, and battery failures.
Mercedes has offered me a good exchange deal ( I have been a past Mercedes-client for more than 25 years) to get me back, and I think I have made no mistake in choosing the GLK.
Today, 60 days after my exchange, I am happy that I did what I did, and my GLK runs fault free and smoothly.
Suspension quality is equal, acceleration of the GLK is better, fuel consumption is much better of the GLK, the 7-speed automatic of the GLK is smooth and responsive, and the build quality is at least equal, as far as I can judge.
And beauty lies in the eyes of the viewer! So I won't comment on the good looks of the GLK.

YF

Post #41395 30th Apr 2009 5:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12