« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > AIR CON . . . . RECHARGE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Northcroft wrote:
I dont understand the comments suggesting never turn it off, or keep it on forever . . . . .mine is either aircon or a heater, so in winter I will use the heater rather than freeze myself to death Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

It's not aircon OR a heater. It works by removing moisture from the air and functions with your heating turned up providing hot air just as it does providing cold air with heating turned down. Try it and see. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #408952 11th Jun 2021 4:19 pm
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

Northcroft wrote:
I dont understand the comments suggesting never turn it off, or keep it on forever . . . . .mine is either aircon or a heater, so in winter I will use the heater rather than freeze myself to death Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

If it's on AUTO, then the AC runs in conjunction with the heater. This supplies dry warm air to the interior, minimising condensation on the windscreen and interior. 2009 Rimini Red SE, unfortunately previously maintained by a moron.

Post #408954 11th Jun 2021 4:38 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I topped the Aircon gas up on our Golf two days ago. Bought a bottle of gas and a gauge from Halfords. £50 for gas (which included a £10 deposit on bottle) and £22 for a gauge. They were trade card prices - should have been £60 and £30 respectively. Cheaper available online if you shop around. Took 5 minutes - no different from pumping a tyre up. Nice and chilly now and I probably have enough gas left for two or three more topups on other cars.

Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #408955 11th Jun 2021 4:54 pm
p_gill

United States 2008 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Step 1 check the temperature at the vents

If you are in the blue (or very close) then I wouldn't re-gas

The units are Fahrenheit (for the metric minded 5C to 10C is the blue region)

Picture is from my S80 with a failing compressor (after replacing the compressor its in the blue)

My Land Rover is two year older than my S80 and it is always in the blue (still on the original compressor, good job Land Rover picking quality parts)

Click image to enlarge

This is what I used https://www.amazon.com/FJC-2790-1-3-Dial-T...mp;sr=8-11

Step 2 clean the evaporator and replace the filter if you are worried about the vents (Biological contaminates)

Volvo S80 but the procedure is equivalent (in fact my S80 and LR2 use the same cabin air filter)

Take care

Paul

PS the one advantage to getting a professional to re-gas is that they should have a machine that can remove the gas and weigh it and replace exactly the correct amount. I don't do this I just check the high side and low side pressure and I make sure that the low side doesn't get below 30 PSI (on a cold day) or above 45 PSI (Hot Day)

Post #409005 13th Jun 2021 12:14 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12