« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > New Defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 58 of 58 <123 ... 565758
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

i can vouch for that.

drove a 240SE 110 2.0L at LRE Eastnor last Friday.

very stable, very capable, very comfortable and very well put together. The 2.0L 240D certainly didnt struggle anywhere although that engine is now dropped from the Defender in favour of the 3.0D i6 which is apparently much much better

Post #407620 12th May 2021 9:25 am
j77

Scotland 

IanMetro wrote:
A Khaki coloured new-defender 110 passed me on the motorway today. At first I thought it may be a military owned version, but as it went past I deduced from its private plate that it was civilian and probably owned by a chap called Johnny.

The colour was a real army matt khaki.

By the way I have noticed there has been a complete change in the Defender's motorway manners since it has been reinvented.

No longer do I pass them plodding up the slow lane, the new ones seem to flash by me in the fast lane. They appear now to be quick and stable.

Yes, very quick and very stable, though mine being on coils soon let’s me know it’s a Land Rover if I go into a bend too fast. And it’s only the poverty spec D200 3.0 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #407658 12th May 2021 7:58 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Hundreds of Land Rover four-wheel-drives have been hit with an urgent product recall, with warnings of engine fire dangers.
Product Safety Australia issued the recall for 2021 Land Rover Discovery and Defender 3.0L, six-cylinder diesel engine cars.
The models' fixing nuts, which connect the exhaust downpipe to the catalytic convertor, may not have been tightened to specification, meaning the fixings could loosen over time, which in turn may cause a hot exhaust gas leak into the engine bay.
This could cause localised heat damage and if not addressed, could even spark a vehicle fire, with potentially deadly consequences.
Product Safety said 533 vehicles were affected, with manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover set to contact all owners and ask them to contact their repairer for a free fix-up as soon as possible.
For more information, owners can contact Jaguar Land Rover on 1800 625 642 (Australia)[/list] Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #408375 28th May 2021 2:00 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Hundreds of Land Rover four-wheel-drives have been hit with an urgent product recall, with warnings of engine fire dangers.
Product Safety Australia issued the recall for 2021 Land Rover Discovery and Defender 3.0L, six-cylinder diesel engine cars.
The models' fixing nuts, which connect the exhaust downpipe to the catalytic convertor, may not have been tightened to specification, meaning the fixings could loosen over time, which in turn may cause a hot exhaust gas leak into the engine bay.
This could cause localised heat damage and if not addressed, could even spark a vehicle fire, with potentially deadly consequences.
Product Safety said 533 vehicles were affected, with manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover set to contact all owners and ask them to contact their repairer for a free fix-up as soon as possible.
For more information, owners can contact Jaguar Land Rover on 1800 625 642 (Australia) Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #408376 28th May 2021 2:00 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

See quite a few on the road now, can't get my head round the price of them though, value for money is obviously not high on LRs list of priorities. They need to make a base model more affordable but again the big buck models seem to be all they are interested in these days. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #408391 28th May 2021 11:19 am
Dartman the one

England 

Seeing as only 533 cars are involved it would seem that a tool lost its calibration, so probably one production line for one shift.
Actually managed to get close to a 110 version f Censored it's big, don't know whether the windows are smaller giving a high waistline but it wasn't easy to see in at 5' 9" Laughing my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #408396 28th May 2021 1:39 pm
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Bobupndown wrote:
See quite a few on the road now, can't get my head round the price of them though, value for money is obviously not high on LRs list of priorities. They need to make a base model more affordable but again the big buck models seem to be all they are interested in these days.

Bob, there's been talk of an entry level , £25k "Baby Defender" (god I hate when they put baby in front of stuff to denote smaller) in the pipeline for a while now.
I quite like these renderings - to me it looks more like the classic Defender and looks far more rugged than the new one.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #408397 28th May 2021 2:16 pm
j77

Scotland 

Lightwater wrote:
For more information, owners can contact Jaguar Land Rover on 1800 625 642 (Australia)

Mine isn’t one of them Very Happy 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #408412 28th May 2021 8:28 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

On Dave now - Secrets of the Supercars

Post #411193 8th Aug 2021 5:07 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 58 of 58 <123 ... 565758