Home > General > 8K budget what would you advise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
richardandjo2010

England 

Nodge68 wrote:
8k for a 10 or 11 year old vehicle. Big Cry
I'm so glad I went for my 58 plate SE with a misfire and noisy diff. Ok it's taken some sorting, but I've ended up with a nice looking, 120k mile SE on the road for under £3k. Very Happy

Sounds like you had a good result there unfortunately for me im not a mechanic so I couldn't do that sort of work

Post #403363 28th Jan 2021 8:41 pm
richardandjo2010

England 

jenks1950 wrote:
You are still looking at an 8 - 9 year old car. There would not really be any reason why one would be better than the other, other than their condition and how they have been looked after. If you could stretch to a MY2013 model, it is generally accepted that these are better and more reliable. I am guessing that the two you are looking at are from a dealer in which case look carefully at what guarantee they are offering. Otherwise, whichever option you went for, you should make sure that you have £1k to £2k available to fix any issues which may crop up "just in case"

I think that most members of this forum think that FL2's are very reliable if properly maintained and mine has been almost faultless but there are some known issues that can occur, so be prepared

Not trying to put you off here, as I am a huge fan of the car........but just be prepared

Steve

Thanks for your response £8k is my max if I go for the cheaper car at £6k I would have £2k should I need it to repair

Post #403365 28th Jan 2021 8:45 pm
richardandjo2010

England 

Jack frost wrote:
First off ask yourself do I really need a 4x4 I love my FL2 but would I buy another 4x4 or Land Rover the answer would be No simply because I don’t need a 4x4 & for your budget you could get a far lower mileage saloon car.

Its not so much do I need it but more do I want it and the answer is yes. I don't need a saloon car I already have one

Post #403366 28th Jan 2021 8:48 pm
richardandjo2010

England 

Thanks everyone for your replies some food for thought here

Post #403367 28th Jan 2021 8:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12