Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > 2014 FL2 TD4 SE Stereo Upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
jackedwardshepherd

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Orkney Grey

Well now I feel like an idiot, I looked everywhere except the index on this forum! Confused Thanks for that, I now have the 2013 wiring diagrams printed and am back to tracing wires and connectors!

Regarding your previous comments about the premium amp, will that work without the additional speakers connected? Gives me the option to add them at a later date without having to change the amp again then!

Post #402788 16th Jan 2021 11:48 am
jackedwardshepherd

Making a bit of headway on this now.

I currently have the FCDIM and IAM wired up to a second hand loom. This is a full front dash loom which will need to be swapped out completely. The only difference is a button on my current dash to disable the stop/start which I imagine I will need to retain. The new loom has the connections for the climate control which should hopefully be a straight swap and has the footwell lights that mine doesn't which is a nice touch.

My next hurdle is that the new loom only seems to cover the front of the vehicle so I still need to get the wiring to the boot where the amp and various other modules are located. Does anyone know the part number for this loom that runs from front to back on the 2013 or later models? I assume the connections are made somewhere near the front fuse box but haven't taken my vehicle apart yet as I am still using it regularly.

My second donor loom does run all the way from the amp in the boot to the dash in the front but looks like it must be for the older High Line system as it contains the MOST wiring, but the connections for the speakers are for the 6H52 style amp. The newer loom must have been split into sections so without finding a pre-made example it will be a lot of work to adapt what I currently have.

It's a shame that the graphic connector diagram doesn't seem to exist for the FL2 (or at least I can't find one) but the diagram for the Evoque seems to share a lot of the connector numbers.

Click image to enlarge

Post #403004 21st Jan 2021 4:25 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

The graphic for the FL2 connectors does exist, but as Stuart suggested a few pages back, you're going to need to get a TOPIX subscription to figure out all the details for this conversion.

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Actually, TOPIX should answer the rest of your questions about part numbers, and a good overview of the whole system. If you take the option for the full workshop manual, it will show you step by step how to take the whole interior out of the car.

You might find some of the part numbers on the "New LR Cat", but remember the main body harness is handed (left-hand drive and right-hand drive versions), the differences are many, so don't get caught out buying a left one when you need a right one!

Post #403058 22nd Jan 2021 4:24 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

LR051600 Analogue/Digital RHD $1,821.34 AUD last time I checked a few years back.

Vanny is possibly the most knowledgeable person on this forum but your not really listening to him in regards to doing the research you need to possibly pull this off. You need to read back through this thread and really start to follow the crumbs and start showing some initiative with finding out the readily available information and when you REALLY get stuck you can call on more knowledgeable people for help.

As said “Topix” is the place you should be spending your time atm! MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #403078 23rd Jan 2021 3:26 am
alex_pescaru

Vanny wrote:
The graphic for the FL2 connectors does exist, but as Stuart suggested a few pages back, you're going to need to get a TOPIX subscription to figure out all the details for this conversion.

If I am not mistaken, you will find the individual connectors and their pins here...

Click image to enlarge

Post #403081 23rd Jan 2021 8:46 am
jackedwardshepherd

Thanks guys and apologies if some of my questions have been trivial. It is a steep learning curve but I think I am getting there and definitely know a lot more than I did a few weeks ago. At the risk of asking a couple more stupid questions...

If I take out an hour subscription to Topix would I be able to download the documents I need to use offline later or am I limited to that time window? I have just checked and a subscription for an hour for the L359 is £28.80 including VAT.

Click image to enlarge

Before I take out the subscription do you know if there is a separate wiring diagrams for the MOST system? The current version I am using (2013) shows the connections for the MOST cabling but not the cables themselves. The older wiring diagrams (2008) show the actual MOST cabling so you can work out which modules connect to which.

Click image to enlarge

I will try to make a bit more headway and only post questions if I get really stuck in future.

Post #403165 24th Jan 2021 3:32 pm
Vanny

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

On TOPIX, one hour of 14MY is £21.60. But a day is £36, which seems like a no brainer to me.
Note that it does NOT include SDD/Pathfinder diagnostic access (that's around £4,500 for a year last I looked)
All the files are presented as webpages or PDF and aren't especially secure, so you can save everything as PDF.

The MOST cables are all orange sheathed optical cable. There are places that will make them up to any length you need, almost a universal specification. The workshop manual does shop you the loop components and the order they come in. You can sometimes look up the connector code such as "C2ME05D" in the TOPIX wiring diagram and this will give you a part reference for the 'Repair Wire'. For the MOST, there is a lot of the full front to rear genuine land rover repair cables on eBay for around £5.

For me, this is one of those projects that needs a huge amount of research/reading before firing into buying parts. May be too late for that though.

Post #403185 24th Jan 2021 7:20 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123