« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Sunroof jamed - I can't open it any method
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
WuYo

Poland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Lago Grey
Sunroof jamed - I can't open it any method

I have a problem with the sunroof panel. The car was road collision and the front panel moved slightly to the rear of the driver side. It caused jam a roof. The emergency opening screw has no effect. The front part cannot raise. In the photos, I noticed differences at the beginning of the guide rails (windshield side). It seems to me that something must have jumped in the mechanism. Unfortunately, I do not know how to get to these rails, how to remove the glass panel, should it be cut? Maybe somewhere there are screws with which I can disassembly the panel. I will be grateful for all the advice.

Post #400488 28th Nov 2020 11:59 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I have a solid roof so can't help, but have you looked at the service manual, it shows every fastening.

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic10621.html Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #400489 29th Nov 2020 2:39 am
3landertwo

after having a SunRoof that leaked and leaked on a LR Disco 200, I vowed never to have another one in a vehicle I own !!

I have read more column inches on problems with sunroofs that enough. When will manufactures either get them right or stop fitting them in favor of air-con.

When I chose my car I had a list of 'must haves' and a single line of definitely nots .

Post #400492 29th Nov 2020 10:34 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

I know this is not going to help with your roof windows, hopefully you that sorted out, but you could kill two birds with one stone since you have pulled off all the trim panels.

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic33026.html Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #400515 30th Nov 2020 7:23 am
WuYo

I removed all screws from rails and try push up/down but I can’t remove it.
Pulling it down is blocking the glass. I'm afraid to do something by force so as not to break the mechanism. The black sheets protecting the guides block upwards. In my opinion, they should be removable because if I push the panel upwards, these sheets block the whole thing. Should I forcibly pull them down and separate them from the rest of the system?

Regards

Post #400547 30th Nov 2020 7:59 pm
WuYo

I still can't remove the roof. How can I disassemble it? Do I have to cut the glass to remove it? Which direction do I take the roof out, upwards or towards the center of the car? Do I have to unscrew anything apart from the screws I showed earlier? Is there anyone who has ever replaced the entire roof of a car?

Regards

Post #402127 3rd Jan 2021 10:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1